College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What roles are usually open for the Summer Alumni program? Is it all of them? And I've heard it's really competitive but how small is the program?

Alright, so I have a mac and my question is this:

How can I apply on the mac itself without worrying about the WBI mac problems that I have read about? I see that there is a develop window, and you can use IE for that, but on mine it does not stay checked when I switch windows.

Hi everyone! I think this is my first post to the college board :) I plan to apply this fall for the Spring 13 program. I know there's a phone interview, so what are the basic questions asked and how long does it usually take to hear back after the interview? Thanks!

Hello,
I was wondering if I could get some advice on when to do the College Program. I am considering doing it fall of 2013, but that would be when I am still eighteen and have only done one semester of college. I was wondering if it is better to wait until you are older and more through with college?
Thanks!

Hello,
I was wondering if I could get some advice on when to do the College Program. I am considering doing it fall of 2013, but that would be when I am still eighteen and have only done one semester of college. I was wondering if it is better to wait until you are older and more through with college?
Thanks!

Up to you. Some like taking it immediately in college, some do half way, some wait til they graduate. I'd at least do your freshman year, then go experience it! Do the advantage program, the longer your there the better.

Hello! Alright I have a question, I am still "pending" for the Spring 2012 college program, yes you heard correctly still pending. People have already checked in and here I am! I've called Disney multiple times and eventually found out that I am on a wait list and will only get in if people drop out. So I was wondering is there any chance that I could still get in? Has anyone else heard of this?

Thank you!

Hey all, I've been searching for a while now and haven't been able to find any good information about a few of my questions:

1. I've heard that transportation to the resorts for hospitality CPs is particularly awful, but haven't seen an explanation why... Do we just get dropped off at a central point and have to walk to get to our location? I don't have a car and will most likely not be getting one before I leave in a week.
  2. How far away are the different apartment complexes? I'm used to walking 15 minutes at a steep incline to get to class everyday in upstate NY (where I see sun maybe once a week at most). Is that comparable to the walk I might encounter going between the different complexes (mainly Vista and Chatham)?

I'm just so confused :confused3

Hey,
I was wondering if anyone knew if you could be a tour guide while doing the college program? I would love to be a tour guide(preferably at Disneyland), but I have not been able to find out if that job is avaliable for college program participants.

Hi all,

When I was first interested in the CP, I saw a great list of role descriptions for each role offered on the website. Now when I go to the CP website, I only see short videos and even shorter descriptions. I was wondering if anyone had the descriptions that use to be on thier website and if so, could please share?

Thanks a bunch!!!

I applied for many (about 8) of the internships that disney offers in Southern Cali and not 1 has gotten back to me. Is there a phone # anyone has that I can call to follow up on my application? The disney dashboard shows that I am on "step 2" application processing but its been like that for about 2 months now and I really am interested in many of the jobs

What roles are usually open for the Summer Alumni program? Is it all of them? And I've heard it's really competitive but how small is the program?

Not many. Usually custodial and QSFB are offered. I've also seen lifeguarding, housekeeping, merchandise, and attractions offerered (at different times). Also, very few people are accepted (about several hundred).

Hey all, I've been searching for a while now and haven't been able to find any good information about a few of my questions:

1. I've heard that transportation to the resorts for hospitality CPs is particularly awful, but haven't seen an explanation why... Do we just get dropped off at a central point and have to walk to get to our location? I don't have a car and will most likely not be getting one before I leave in a week.
  2. How far away are the different apartment complexes? I'm used to walking 15 minutes at a steep incline to get to class everyday in upstate NY (where I see sun maybe once a week at most). Is that comparable to the walk I might encounter going between the different complexes (mainly Vista and Chatham)?

I'm just so confused :confused3

1. It depends on the resort. Some go directly there. Others you will have to transfer buses (for example- for the MK resorts, you go to the TTC, then catch a shuttle over to the resorts).

2. Chatham and Patterson are right next to each other. However, Vista is about a 10-15 minute walk away, across a very busy road

Hey,
I was wondering if anyone knew if you could be a tour guide while doing the college program? I would love to be a tour guide(preferably at Disneyland), but I have not been able to find out if that job is avaliable for college program participants.

Unfortunately Guest Relations is not a CP option at WDW. And I don't know how tour guides work at DL, but at WDW you have to have high seniority (plus have been in GR for years) to get it

I'm staying in the Holiday Inn at Lake Buena Vista, and I was wondering what are my options on how to get to Vista Way for check-in? Can I walk there, or will I just have to take a cab?

Hi all,

When I was first interested in the CP, I saw a great list of role descriptions for each role offered on the website. Now when I go to the CP website, I only see short videos and even shorter descriptions. I was wondering if anyone had the descriptions that use to be on thier website and if so, could please share?

Thanks a bunch!!!

On my blog, I wrote about most of the roles. It's the one that says dcpdocumenter.blogspot.com. The link is also in my signature. Then pick "Chapter three" on the left side.

I have a question! I'm applying next week for Fall 12', and I'm trying to figure out what rank to give each role. My first choices would be Lifeguard or Custodial. However, the dreaded QSFB is worrying me. I really wouldn't mind working fast food, but it's not a top choice. My natural instinct is to mark it "Moderate Interest", but I'm worried showing any interest above "Low" might automatically assign me there. Even above my preferred Custodial.

Is there a good chance of this happening? Should I mark it low interest to give my high interest choices a chance?

I have a question! I'm applying next week for Fall 12', and I'm trying to figure out what rank to give each role. My first choices would be Lifeguard or Custodial. However, the dreaded QSFB is worrying me. I really wouldn't mind working fast food, but it's not a top choice. My natural instinct is to mark it "Moderate Interest", but I'm worried showing any interest above "Low" might automatically assign me there. Even above my preferred Custodial.

Is there a good chance of this happening? Should I mark it low interest to give my high interest choices a chance?

Do you have a lot of other things you'd truly have high to moderate interest in doing? If so, you'd probably have a good shot of not doing QSFB anyways and should mark it as low. If lifeguard, custodial, and QSFB are the only three things you're considering, mark it as moderate.

So which roles are considered the hardest to get? In other words, which roles are the most selective?

Do you have a lot of other things you'd truly have high to moderate interest in doing? If so, you'd probably have a good shot of not doing QSFB anyways and should mark it as low. If lifeguard, custodial, and QSFB are the only three things you're considering, mark it as moderate.

I have a lot. To be more specific I have 4 high interest, 4 moderate interest, 3 low interest, and the rest no interest. That's before QSFB... which will be either moderate or low. All the major cp roles have at least some interest with exception of MEO which I would hate. (Most of my no interests are performer, BBB,hospitality, bell service, transportation, photopass) -the tough ones to get anyway.

Thanks for the help! I will mark it low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter