College Program Questions Thread, Pt 4

Do you know how hard it is to get accepted your freshman year of college? I see a lot of juniors or sophomores when I look around blogs etc. But I would want to do it freshman year so it doesn't throw off my Nursing tract.
Thx!

To increase your chances, apply for custodial, QSFB, merchandise, attractions.
More slots

Hi! I will be participating in the Fall 2014 college program at WDW. I just recently renewed my premium annual pass for this year so that I can have access to the parks before my CP actually starts and for when it is over. My question is can I use my AP to get into the parks, make fastpass+ reservations, and get into the waterparks during my CP? Is that allowed or is my AP void until my CP is over? I know that I will be able to get into the parks free with my ID but it would be nice to be able to use fastpass+ if at all possible. Thanks :)

Hi! I will be participating in the Fall 2014 college program at WDW. I just recently renewed my premium annual pass for this year so that I can have access to the parks before my CP actually starts and for when it is over. My question is can I use my AP to get into the parks, make fastpass+ reservations, and get into the waterparks during my CP? Is that allowed or is my AP void until my CP is over? I know that I will be able to get into the parks free with my ID but it would be nice to be able to use fastpass+ if at all possible. Thanks :)

My daughter did the program last year and she had an AP. She used the AP to get in most of the time - no problem.

Hi! I am entering my junior year in high school. I really want to do the DCP, I've been wanting to apply since I was in sixth grade. I am now entering the stage of college applications and what not. I know you have to complete one semester of college before applying. But I'm confused at how people continue their classes during the program. Does disney offer classes, do you have to take online courses, or is it basically taking a semester off? Anything to clear this up would be wonderful!
~love forever and always

.....Does disney offer classes, do you have to take online courses, or is it basically taking a semester off? Anything to clear this up would be wonderful!....

All of the above. Disney offers classes that some schools accept for credit. You can take online courses if your school has them, and you want to stay on track to graduate by a certain time. But I wouldn't recommend that because you'll be working quite a bit and wont have much of a work/school/social life balance. But then again it depends on how many online courses you'd take.

You can take a semester off, or even up to a year off of school (or as long as your program lasts). You don't have to be in school when you're on DCP, you just have to be enrolled when you apply

Hope this cleared things up :thumbsup2

Okay, so I have this whole big plan. I'm going to graduate in May and do the DCP in Fall 2015. That much is pretty much set (as long as I'm accepted!). But then I want to extend my program to the spring, and then transition into being a regular CM after that. Can I do that, or is my dream impossible?

Okay, so I have this whole big plan. I'm going to graduate in May and do the DCP in Fall 2015. That much is pretty much set (as long as I'm accepted!). But then I want to extend my program to the spring, and then transition into being a regular CM after that. Can I do that, or is my dream impossible?

Yes you can

yep totally possible. just be a good CP, have a moderately clean record card so your extensions will be accepted. And then you have to make sure you save enough money to rent an apartment/buy furniture once you become a regular CM because youll have to move out of CP housing.

yep totally possible. just be a good CP, have a moderately clean record card so your extensions will be accepted. And then you have to make sure you save enough money to rent an apartment/buy furniture once you become a regular CM because youll have to move out of CP housing.

Thank you so much! I really can't wait!!!

How long is an extension?

My DD' s extension is 5 months. She was originally scheduled to leave August 8th (Spring Advantage), but received the extension and will now leave the DCP on January 5, 2015. She is planning on applying for full time employment and moving to Orlando area permanently.

So I plan to apply for DCP in September for Spring. I have 2 questions!

1. I have a lot of retail experience but I really do not want a role in merchandising. If I talk about my retail experience in my interview would they be more likely to put me into a merch role just based on that type of experience? My top 3 are attrations, character attendant, or concierge.

2. My friend and I are applying together! So if we get the same arival sates how would we be able to room together??

So I plan to apply for DCP in September for Spring. I have 2 questions!

1. I have a lot of retail experience but I really do not want a role in merchandising. If I talk about my retail experience in my interview would they be more likely to put me into a merch role just based on that type of experience? My top 3 are attrations, character attendant, or concierge.

2. My friend and I are applying together! So if we get the same arival sates how would we be able to room together??

You can mark "No Interest" for merchandise on your application. They aren't supposed to give you roles you marked "No Interest" in.

With the new DORMS system you can link together with people who have your arrival date as roommates. It's not a 100% guarantee, but you have a pretty good chance of getting your roommate/housing preference.

So, I got QSFB for my role this fall, and I've been hearing pretty much terrible things about it ever since. I want to be excited, but all I've heard is negative. :worried: I know that it's a job and it's not always going to be easy, but there has to be something good about it, right?

Is there anyone on here that has done qsfb or knew someone in qsfb that could give me some straight forward pros and cons about the role? Give me a happy story or a nice fact?

I have a annual pass as well. I got it so I could still get into the parks even when there are CP blockout dates as well as for before and after my program.

So, I got QSFB for my role this fall, and I've been hearing pretty much terrible things about it ever since. I want to be excited, but all I've heard is negative. :worried: I know that it's a job and it's not always going to be easy, but there has to be something good about it, right?

Is there anyone on here that has done qsfb or knew someone in qsfb that could give me some straight forward pros and cons about the role? Give me a happy story or a nice fact?

DD is currently working qsfb and enjoys it! She works at HS and really likes her co-workers and managers. At her location there are many different jobs and she gets placed at all of them. Sure, she isn't fond of trash and dish washing but that is just part of it. She loves creating magical moments for guests and her location allows them to give away surprise treats. Really, it's a job at the most magical place on earth- it is what you make of it so have a great time!

Hi everyone! I just recently joined these boards and it's great to see other enthusiastic Disney fans my age. Like many others, it's my dream to work at WDW at some point! Are there any other engineering majors out there that have done the DCP, or that plan on applying? I know the DCP doesn't really involve much related to my major, but their website says they accept all majors. Is it normal for engineering majors to just take a semester off of school to participate?

I've always wanted to take sign language courses, but I've never had time at school. Is that a class they offer at WDW?

Hello all!

I'm looking at doing the DCP in Spring 2015 after I graduate. However, I'm worried about wages and being unable to keep up my car payments ($230 a month) on what I will make as a part of the internship. I know pay and hours depends on your role, but is there a ballpark amount you put in your pocket after rent each month? I just don't want to get my hopes up of going if I can't afford it.

Oh, and another question...do they provide any health benefits?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter