Columbus day?

We went Columbus Week 2003 and the crowds were managable, but more than what I expected. I thought after monday they would drop, but they didn't due to a new Fall Break schedule for some of the schools. It was still much less than summer, but more than the rest of the month.

Hope that helps,
Lori

My son's school is one that scheduled a fall break last year during Columbus Day week. Due to this (and the fact that my son started Kindergarten), we went during Oct instead of Sept for the first time. We went to MK on Monday and it was absolutely wall-to-wall people. We had figured that people would be heading back home to go back to work & school the next day. WRONG! The crowds did start to thin out by Wed & Thurs, but started picking up again on Fri. We are going back the same week this year, but will be doing a different park on Mon.

I agree...MK was PACKED on sat before Columbus day also...Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon all pretty busy at MK, but not as noticable at the other parks...we went to MNSSHP on the Thurs after Columbus day and things were much quieter....

if possible avoid MK over the 3 day weekend and do the other parks and you shouldn't notice much of a problem

We did Columbus day 02 and it seemed manageble until sun/mon which were crowded esp MK. Our plan is always to hit MK asap and get out by 11 and do MK again another day, same with AK. IMHO MGM and Epcot seem to handle the afternoon/evening crowds much better. If you want to do wishes or spectro try planning them for a non ee day and not sun or mon of that weekend. If you can manage the $ and planning of the MNSSHP I highly recommend that for seeing MK in a wonderful way.

TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter