Columbus Weekend

drewc

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this is a dupe, there were some errors when I posted.

I was trying to book FTW for 2005 Columbus Day weekend, and there is nothing available now. This weekend would be ideal because of school vacation and my son's birthday. Would have booked sooner, but I'm doing a lot of trading in - swapping my old MH for a newer pop-up and getting a bigger TV. Should be wrapped up this weekend hopefully.

My question is, do these sites tend to open up (should I keep trying) or are these pretty locked up?

I would keep trying. In 2001, we were going over Christmas. Had reservations. Then a work trip came up for DH down there, so he would go early (and get the cheaper rate). It took about a week of calling, but it all came together.

So, just keep calling. ANd you might want to start with whatever days you can get, and then add to them.

HI
I just booked for oct 9 to 15 last saturday.Maybe it's because we are arriving on a Sunday? I booked a prefered site since we need the sewer..
Have you tried the website?
I guess that's why our school changed our fall break to that week this year since alot of people took their kids out an extra day or two last year.. this means the district jipped the kids out of an extra day off.. better not tell my 14yr old DD :) :rotfl2: I can hear the not fair! now :)

good luck and keep trying

Check the disney web site every hour. Last time they told me they were bookup I check the wed Site every hour for two days on day two after chacking all day we got a site. So just keep trying. Good Luck..... :badpc:

After some fiddling around the website, I found that it was one night out of four that was booked solid. I called reservations and they were able to get me in all 4 nights, broken in half between standard and premium sites (2 reservations really). The reservations assistant told me to try back every week or so, and most likely I would be able to consolidate on one site for all four nights.

Thanks for the advice!

Glad it worked out for you Drew— good example of how an open mind and a little creativity can often solve a problem! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter