Come on Disney....You're next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now if the FAA will get on board (yeah right when you know what freezes over).

They take away legroom, squeeze people in like sardines people tend to get nasty being more and more confined. Then people lug on everything to avoid their luggage fees making it more crowded and territorial. Flying was an excericse in “flier rage” avoidance even before covid.

Now you add forcibly restricting a persons right to breath in one setting when we all know it is not required in so many other similar settings and people are just gonna lose their dang minds. Look at the news with fights on planes! We all know it politcal theatre and fear/mindcontrol when the government tells us to “trust vaccines” and “get vaccinated” but force vaccinated people to mask up on planes like nazis. Makes the government look (even more) untrustworthy and shady.
It is the breaking point I am afraid. Fingers crossed everyone complies with the virtue signaling political theatre when we fly next month. Or maybe the govt will have more bad press with Jimmy Carter era inflation, border control crisis, gas shortages, and middle east chaos that biden and flipflopfauci will throw America a bone for July 4th and unmask planes for the vaccinated to distract from the day to day bad news.

Well, I guess this post just sums things up on where you stand. No point in engaging with you, I guess. This is a bit way out there...wow.

Many studies have made the news this week saying people who had Covid are protected for at least one year. Their antibody and memory B cell levels were higher 1 year after infection than those who were vaccinated but never had Covid at 1 year after their last vaccine dose.
Serious question, not doubting you...
Who was fully vaccinated in May of 2020 (or earlier) to be studied "1 year after their last vaccine dose"?

Serious question, not doubting you...
Who was fully vaccinated in May of 2020 (or earlier) to be studied "1 year after their last vaccine dose"?

They are following people who participated in the trials last year. I actually know someone who is continuing to follow up. It isn’t the general public being followed yet that far out. That obviously wouldn’t be until December 2021 for 1 year. They have been taking blood from many in the general public since their first vaccine, but that would only put them at 5 months since their first dose soon to be 5 months since their second dose for those who were first eligible.

Correction: It looks like many got their second dose in the late summer or fall. The article said “almost a year” for those in late summer. I guess those who got vaccinated have lower levels of antibodies and/or B memory cells at less than a year (6-9 months) than those who had the virus a year ago.

Last edited:
Funny. My husband and daughter both have asthma and have no issues wearing a mask. My daughter was in a KN95 for 9 hours at school today. Our close family friend has advanced COPD and we have all been extremely worried would contract Covid because his COPD would put him at very high risk for complications/death. Again, wears a mask. My family, who has taken this virus very seriously, understands the social isolation very well, and I don't understand why you would think I wouldn't want to "live life again." I'm the one advocating for people to take the public health measures to reduce the spread of this virus so we can get back to life again.
Wonderful that your experience having your breathing restricted has not been a burden. It has not been the same for me or my acquaintances. My son suffered respiratory infections (bacterial, not covid rsv flua flub or strep) due to prolonged masking in school. My father is mostly deaf and has suffered immensely from having no communication. My niece’s bff took her life and it is believed it was the isolation from virtual school in her state that attributed or contributed to it and our neighbor’s son is austitic special needs and cannot wear a mask and regressed profoundly in “virtual school”. So again, I advocate for the health of people and groups I interact with just like you. And my advocation takes me to a place where mandating masks on healthy vaccinated people does more harm and little to no good in order to merely quell the fear of some. If the CDC says you should not fear the vaccinated, follow the science/guidance like you did month ago when they said everyone go mask up and we complied. You are welcome to your experience and I applaud advocating those you think are in need. You continue to wear your mask (and you can wear one for me too). But no one should be belittled or shamed for being “selfish” when they are doing what is best and healthy for THEIR OWN FAMILIES AND LOVED ONES. The fact that UO is allowing people to make choices best for them is what we celebrate tonight!

Then leave your job! That’s absurd you think all kids no matter what need to be vaccinated to make what you feel safe. Get off your high horse. People have the right to medical freedom it’s called America!!!! Hope you don’t live in Oklahoma because they just passed a law that ban the mandatory vaccines for children in school 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼 I hope lots of states follow.
And I like yours 100x too! Thank you for saying what several were thinking.

Until mid-June, no child under the age of 15 will be fully vaccinated. After that, no child under the age of 11 will be vaccinated. Are they planning to enforce mask wearing on all kids in these age groups since there is no question of their vaccination status? They probably won't and that's my concern.

I understand that others are excited about this policy change, but I think it's premature considering this is a family destination that caters to an audience that doesn't have the ability to be vaccinated yet. We had an Orlando trip for this summer that was planned before the relaxation of mask policies and we are seriously reconsidering going now. We live in a high masking wearing, high vaccination rate city and I'm not sure if we'll be comfortable in a close contact, potentially low mask compliance environment with no confidence that others around us are indeed vaccinated. It's been a long 15 months of our family being cautious, and I feel like I need to ease back into our old normal especially knowing kids are unvaccinated and potentially spreading the virus. I understand many others do not have the same reservations as our family and wish them all a happy theme park vacation, but I just wanted to point out that not everyone is jumping for joy at this announcement. This is just one more layer of frustration for us on top of (at Disney) reduced park experiences, reduced hours, and reduced restaurant options. I'm sadly thinking that we might be happier spending our vacation elsewhere at this point.
There are plenty of kids in Texas and probably around the country who participated in the trials that made emergency use for 12-15 year olds possible. They would indeed be 12-15 and would also indeed by fully vaccinated before mid-June.

Whatever dude. If that's your position, you and I will never be seeing eye to eye on this issue.
Can I ask a very, very simple question based fully on science?

Are children under 12 at greater risk of the Flu or COVID?

When you answer that, you’ll realize why recommending masking now (but not flu season) for <12 is an absurd statement. Adults? Fine. <12 is being a science denier and/or fear mongering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter