Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are! Tales of Lost items in Rooms

Hisgirl

DIS Veteran
Have you left anything in your room...gotten 1-2 hours aways from the resort, called Housekeeping, spoken to the head person, and then been told 'Nope, nothing was found in the room!"

This has happened to us at least twice. Once it was an ipod on the bedside table and second, most recently, was one of those hand carved African walking sticks, left in the corner. Oh! And a silver, turquoise money clip (empty) left on the shelf of a left-open safe.

All gone. Surely we are mistaken, yada yada.

I was curious if anyone had left anything behind and luckily got it back.

So far we have not been so fortunate.

Got fast service getting my car keys returned. (We flew, and they had gotten pushed back behind the TV).

Once I left some Pocahontas boots that got ruined in the rain. Disney called to ask if we left something behind. I said no, and they mailed it to me anyway. I couldn't ditch them for anything. LOL.

When our kids were younger, 2 of them each left a lovey on different trips. Neither was found in spite of repeated calls from me following up. Sigh. That was hard.

So far we're 4 for 4 in getting things back.

Son's retainer
Fit bit
Nintendo DS
Niece's plush kitty - which we didn't realize we left behind. There was a FedEx box on our doorstep after making the 2 day drive home.

Many times I have tried this trick, where I try to leave my husband behind, and every time, EVERY time, Mousekeeping finds him and returns him.

We are staying off site for my next visit. Maybe I will get lucky someplace else :thumbsup2

~NM

A shorts set i left hanging on the back of the bathroom door, along with a few miscellaneous items from under the bed - which weren't mine.

Never got back the phone charger i left plugged into the outlet near the door at OKW.

Last edited:
As a kid I lost my favorite stuffed animal & baby blanket. Hotel said they didn't find it. I'm still a little devastated when I think about it. :'(

DH left his wallet at AKL and we'd gotten about 30 minutes away before we realized it. Drove back and after some back and forth with housekeeping we got it.

I left my passport last time we went! We stayed at AKL. I brought it along just because of the real ID issues and wasn't sure if my license would get me through the airport. I'm pretty careless about leaving stuff in the open (oops) and just had my passport sitting on one of the end tables. My fiance moved it into the safe in the closet without telling me, so when we checked out, I just left without it. We got a call around 12ish that mousekeeping had found a passport in the safe and they were holding it at the front desk for me. Absolutely a life saver!

We left my son's lovey stuffed Eeyore once and they found it and mailed it to us from the Poly. I was so relieved. We left a Southwest airline plush in a room when we moved rooms and they did not find that. Luckily that was new so no one was devastated, and we bought another one when we flew home.

Wow...yall have been really fortunate!! My husband was sooo upset over leaving the cane. He uses it to help with his back and it was special to him. I wrote to guest services and asked if they could help us purchase another one, as there is no way to contact the particular store in AK. Nothing for free....just asking how I could purchase him another one. They blew me off and that really surprised me. Luckily, a friend was there and working with a friend who works there, and got us another cane exactly like the missing one.

Old Key West mailed me back a pair of tiny earrings. Not expensive ones, hadn't even noticed they had been left behind.

My son left behind his beats headphones on the table by the sofa once at SSR. They were never recovered. I found a Dooney and Burke pocketbook and a dvd in a closet at OKW before. I’m guessing housekeeping didn’t look in the closet between guests. I took it to Hospitality House to be returned to the previous guests.

We left our room on check out at the AKL and were hanging around the lobby for a bit before heading over to Boma for breakfast. I got a call on my cell phone from Disney and could not understand what the person was trying to say. Something about having left something in our room. I really didn’t think we had, but I hung up and told hubby who moves faster than myself to boot it back to the room to see what it was. He got there just as housekeeping was finishing and was able to get the forgotten items from her. When he got back to the lobby I had a sudden flash that I had left my wedding rings on the counter!!!! So so grateful to that housekeeper for being honest. I believe my hubby tipped her to say thank you!

I believe stuff that is left in lost and found goes to property control. This is the store for cast members where they can buy defective merchandise at 75 percent off. For Disney an air bubble can be a cause to send item to property control. I don't know how many snow globes I got that way. When I worked in Fantasyland I would tell children to write their name and address in their autograph books so if they got lost we could mail them back.

We were at the All Stars and I left my Pandora bracelet in the bedside table.
The CM at the front desk had another CM go to the room and check.
It was there.
I tried a tip to both CMs but the would not accept,saying it was part of their job.
I asked to speak to the manager and let her know what gems those CMs are.

On our last trip in Feb, my daughter left both her iPad and chromebook in the safe at Pop Century... We didn’t realize until the next day, I called and luckily was able to get both back. We were so relieved!

Left my glasses at CR a couple of years ago. Had a VM from CR lost/found (or maybe housekeeping, or some other office?) on my phone when the plane landed. Called, the CM had me verify my info, confirm some details about the item to make sure it was mine.... package delivered two days later.

I was incredibly impressed with Disney/CR for being proactive on contacting me. It probably would have been a few days before I even realized I had lost them.

Left a wet bag filled with our swimsuits on the bed at Wilderness Lodge. Called and was told they'd look into it. Never heard back but received the bag in the mail a week later. Thought that was so nice to ship it without charging me.

We left POR and headed to Universal. At some point that day I realized I’d left a kindle in our room. Once we were done with Uni for the evening we drove over to POR and asked at the front desk. The housekeeper had found it, turned it in, and it was at a l&f place not quite at POR. The manager took a golf cart over there and retrieved it for us.

This would have been a bit of a big deal, as it wasn’t mine, but belonged to my now-ex’s workplace, which was and is kindle. It didn’t belong to me, but to work. Yikes.

I brought it along just because of the real ID issues and wasn't sure if my license would get me through the airport.

As far as I can tell, everyone but American Samoa is compliant or has an extension. Extensions are currently good through October and can be extended beyond that. FYI.

https://www.dhs.gov/real-id

DD left her video camera at the pin store at DS. She was so upset. It had all of her vlog recordings on it. We had to wait a few days before it was registered with guest services. They verified it was ours by watching. A little of the video and identifying my daughter. They mailed it back in a bubble mailer, but it was in working order. DD was ecstatic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter