Come Pack With Me (Pre Trip Report)

Been reading with pleasure!

Going to be in Fort Wilderness for the first time next year (December 2015). I have enjoyed reading about your packing process since I have NO idea what to pack. We are renting an RV and will be "camping" for the first time. Have a great trip and be safe! :thumbsup2

On the list:
-pack toiletries
-pack electronic junk
-pack for Molly
-load fridge/freezer
-clean out fridge
-get Iggy's food/water/litter boxes ready

We'd like to leave by 2:00 PM. (Scott needs to go into work this morning.) If I were a betting woman I'd go with closer to 3:00.

Ever wonder how much junk one 10 pound dog requires for a week at Disney World? Well, this pile doesn't even include her crate, water stand or car seat.

imagejpg2_zps1b0cb05f.jpg

Two hours!

:hourglass Anybody know what time it is? Hope they got out of Red Stick and Nola before the evening drive time.

Bama Ed

Thanks, we left at 2:30 but had to go back- I forgot my Disney book with the MNSSHP tickets and the Tables in Wonderland card. Scott was NOT amused! We're almost to Mobile :-)

You mean every dog doesn't have a car seat?

image_zpsde3cef5b.jpg

Seriously, though, our first Shih Tzu was killed in an accident partially as a result of not being restrained in the car. Molly wears a harness attached to the seatbelt. The seat just boosts her up to window level.

I also think I may need some grandchildren!

Today's the day! We arrive at the Fort today!

We made it to our overnight stop around 8:00. I saw this campground while driving back the last time I went and thought it might make for a good stop. We were really happy with it. Even though it was 8:00 PM someone was there to show is to our site-so nice when it's dark out. It was clean and had a large pool area, mini-golf and, apparently, karaoke at the weekends. They serve a continental breakfast beginning at 7:30 but we left at 6:00 so can't comment on that. Most importantly it had nice, level pull through sites :-)

Gulf Pines KOA
http://www.gulfpinesrv.com/

Sorry the pictures are kinda bad. They're from my phone and we arrived and left in the dark,

image_zpsb77965bf.jpg
[

image_zpse11d8e9b.jpg

image_zps1e7d37b6.jpg

image_zps951db2d7.jpg

Great looking stop off spot. Keep safe, not sure on where you are at now, but lots of rain falling last night and this morning.

We also arrive today! Left Savannah at around 7:15a and just got on I-4. Kids are all sacked out sound asleep in the back seat so we are making great time rather than stopping every 100 miles....

See you there!

We also arrive today! Left Savannah at around 7:15a and just got on I-4. Kids are all sacked out sound asleep in the back seat so we are making great time rather than stopping every 100 miles....

See you there!

Y'all are making great time, we keep stopping, twice to close a bay door that keeps popping open and now we're just leaving Tallahassee after a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Dinner was kind of skimpy last night, a mish-mash of what was in the fridge at home when it was time to head out.

Besides, we both REALLY needed coffee!

image_zpsc6af3487.jpg

Princess Molly was fine in the camper. It's cloudy out and I'm afraid I've reached that age when many women sleep with the thermostat set to February in Siberia. It was still in the low 70s in there when we got back from breakfast . She thought her bacon snack was very tasty :-)

Hope you are having s great trip so far! I am thankful we got in and set up before the rain started! We had just managed to get the tarp over tent when it began.... Boy, it was hot yesterday! We are in the 1500 loop and we took turns running to the pool to jump in and cool off.

Sitting at the quiet pool with an adult beverage and some snacks...doing laundry while the kids swim and unwind. Spent half a day at Typhoon Lagoon today -- older kids are doing 2 YES programs so we got PH +Water Park tix for a surprise. Had to go to Guest Relations at MK to link everything and it seemed really busy!

Overall, The Fort seems busy but we are loving our campsite and settling in for 14 days.....

We arrive tomorrow! On the road still now. Got a late start due to DS soccer game and then had about an hour delay in Atlanta. Should be arriving in Valdosta in about an hour or so for overnight stop. Asked for 1500 loop too, so maybe we will meet you @ABitDistracted. How's the forecast look for tomorrow? We'll be setting our tent up.

Hope you are having s great trip so far! I am thankful we got in and set up before the rain started! We had just managed to get the tarp over tent when it began.... Boy, it was hot yesterday! We are in the 1500 loop and we took turns running to the pool to jump in and cool off.

Sitting at the quiet pool with an adult beverage and some snacks...doing laundry while the kids swim and unwind. Spent half a day at Typhoon Lagoon today -- older kids are doing 2 YES programs so we got PH +Water Park tix for a surprise. Had to go to Guest Relations at MK to link everything and it seemed really busy!

Overall, The Fort seems busy but we are loving our campsite and settling in for 14 days.....

Sounds lovely! We haven't made it to the pool yet, it's on deck for tomorrow. We have an extremely complicated ticket situation so are heading out early for MNSSHP so that I can make sure we're using the correct ones.

We arrive tomorrow! On the road still now. Got a late start due to DS soccer game and then had about an hour delay in Atlanta. Should be arriving in Valdosta in about an hour or so for overnight stop. Asked for 1500 loop too, so maybe we will meet you @ABitDistracted. How's the forecast look for tomorrow? We'll be setting our tent up.

Safe journeys!

If anyone goes looping and sees us about stop on in and say hi:wave2:

We passed Gulf Pines yesterday on one of our roadtrips out and about, beach hopping in the area. I thought, "that place looks nice, try to catch the name", as we whizzed by.
It was a really pretty set up!
Love reading, it's like an appendage of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter