Comedy Warehouse/Adventure's Club w/older kids

Cindy B

<font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish
I am going to WDW in August and we have two children

My kids are older, 12 and turning 10 on the trip. The 12 year old will be 13 two months after the trip.

(Just to give you an idea of ages)

I read that these two places have no age limit-how do they work?

Is there a cover charge?
Is there a time when the material is cleaner than the others? -for example an early show

Is there a drink or food minimum?

I'm more interested in the Comedy Warehouse than Adventurer's club.

There is no food or drink minimum. To get in any of the PI clubs now you need a ticket. A single club ticket is around $12 a day, multi club ticket is around $20 a day. Both the Adventures Club and the Comedy Club require the multi club ticket. PI is now, and has been for awhile, a kid friendly place. There is no blue humor. Both of your kids will be fine.

It's been years since I went to the Comedy Warehouse, so I can't comment on that.

The last time I was at the Adventurer's Club was in October. I was there by about 10:00. I have an almost 11 year old son, and I would not take him to the Adventurer's Club at that time of night. There was quite a bit of suggestive humor, and although it might go right over some kid's heads, it's not a chance I want to take yet. Other parents might not agree, though.

There were a couple of young people there and one of them looked very uncomfortable. The other seemed to be having a great time.

I have heard that the earlier shows tend to be more family friendly and that they get more suggestive as the evening goes along. Since I tend to go later in the night, though, I can't vouch for this.

I have a 17yr old that I would like to take to the Adventure Club. If we go later in the evening, I'm wondering if the material would be appropriate for his age?

The 17 yr old would be fine there.
Kim

There really aren't any curse words at the AC - it IS Disney after all - but in the library show especially, the material is suggestive with lots of sexual innuendo. It's not nasty, it's very cute and funny for a fun-loving adult crowd, but if your son, or you, would be embarrassed listening to the material in each other's presence, I'd do something else instead.

As for kids in their early teens or younger being in the club, don't be surprised if the actors say something to you -in a teasing but very obvious way - about bringing youngsters into an adult enivronment. It is a bar, and people tend to forget that, I think.

We sent our 3 kids - 16, 15 & 13 - over to DisneyQuest while DH & I enjoyed the AC; we all had a blast!

There is no blue humor. Both of your kids will be fine.

Uhm, have you ever been to the Adventurer's Club past 9:00? While there are no four-letter words, the double-entendres fly, and the humor becomes very adult-oriented. Look up "Emil Bleehall" and "Mailman song" on youtube if you don't believe me (or "Hathaway Brown" and "Masochism Tango"). Some of the cast members also enjoy openly mocking parents who bring their young 'uns to a bar.

Also keep in mind at any of the clubs you are going to see alcohol flowing freely and adults taking advantage of that. Most of PI is now 21+ only, and while the comedy clubs are not, it is hardly a "kid-friendly" place.

The material does tend to be cleaner before 9:00, at least at AC.

The comedy at the Warehouse and the Adventurer's Club are on a par with what you'd see on a typical Drew Carey episode. One thing to keep in mind about double entendre' humor is that if your Lil' Bubba 'gets' the joke, he's not exactly an innocent anymore.

Bill From PA

As for kids in their early teens or younger being in the club, don't be surprised if the actors say something to you -in a teasing but very obvious way - about bringing youngsters into an adult enivronment. It is a bar, and people tend to forget that, I think.

We sent our 3 kids - 16, 15 & 13 - over to DisneyQuest while DH & I enjoyed the AC; we all had a blast!

I agree with the above quoted comments and alternative suggestion. And would also like to add that as the evening gets later so do people's intoxication levels. Just an added thought.:confused3

I've even seen characters at the AC ask if there are any minors in the audience and look around. Then say "oh good!" and get racier than normal.

We have taken our son many times to both CC & AC. When he was younger we would be at the first show for the CC, then go to the AC to avoid the late night party crowd.Your family will have a great time.:thumbsup2

One thing to keep in mind about double entendre' humor is that if your Lil' Bubba 'gets' the joke, he's not exactly an innocent anymore.

Bill From PA

Good point Bill!

To the OP:
I believe that the humor gets more adult as the night goes on, at both places, but I haven't seen it get to the level of profanity (by the CM's at least). Now, the innuendo and suggestive topics will come up, but it's usually later in the night. There is no magical time cut-off time (i.e. 10:30 p.m.) when this occurs.

And, the CM's have, can, and might pick on parents who have kids there. My favorite line is 2 years ago from the AC, when one of the CM's asked one of the kids " Do your parents take you out to bars when you're back home?":rotfl2:

Let the debates begin. The only cost you have to pay for Pleasure Island clubs is the one to get through the door. As far as whether or not to take your kids - that's up to you. You will get people saying absolutely do not take your kids. You will get people saying your kids will be fine.

You know your kids. You are their parent. You know what you are comfortable with. You know what they are comfortable with. What one adult finds objectionable for a younger child is not going to be the same thing as what another person thinks is objectionable.

Uhm, have you ever been to the Adventurer's Club past 9:00? While there are no four-letter words, the double-entendres fly, and the humor becomes very adult-oriented. Look up "Emil Bleehall" and "Mailman song" on youtube if you don't believe me (or "Hathaway Brown" and "Masochism Tango"). Some of the cast members also enjoy openly mocking parents who bring their young 'uns to a bar.

Wait a minute... they sing "The Masochism Tango" at the Adventurer's Club? I'd say it's worth the price of admission just to see a Tom Lehrer song performed live, but I've found the YouTube video. Ol' Hathaway takes a bit too much license with the lyrics for this Lehrer fan's liking.;)

In any case, I'll miss the Hoopla when we go, because my eleven year old cousin and I will only be sticking around for one Kungaloosh (and virgin strawberry daiquiri) at around 7:00 before we head to DisneyQuest for the rest of the evening. We get to play videogames and her parents get a date night. Everybody wins!

We've taken our 2 DS's (starting at ages 6 & 9) to the Adventurer's Club from 7:00 - 9:00 when they have their free preview. I believe they do this every evening unless it's closed for a private party (which it is fairly regularly, so call first). They've enjoyed it, I'd say. We were all dressed in matching t-shirts, so we definitely got made fun of a bit, but we expected it, and it's all part of the fun as far as I'm concerned. One evening, my DH got called up to volunteer in the first library show (holding the cow Bessie), and I was the volunteer in the second show (Eeek!). The kids loved that!

We paid admission for them for the first time and took them to the 2 earliest Comedy Warehouse shows on our last trip (almost 8 & 11 years), and they enjoyed that too. We left by around 9:00, so things aren't too racy at that time of night IMO.

I agree with others who said that it really depends on your children and your family. I would not keep children out late there (probably past 10:00), as I think that's when many people are showing up and it gets more crowded as well as more adult oriented.

Wait a minute... they sing "The Masochism Tango" at the Adventurer's Club? I'd say it's worth the price of admission just to see a Tom Lehrer song performed live, but I've found the YouTube video. Ol' Hathaway takes a bit too much license with the lyrics for this Lehrer fan's liking.;)

Then you might want to try "Poisoning Pigeons In The Park"

can i slightly high jack and ask if there are set times for these shows? We've never done anything at PI but this year i'm 21 so i can get EVERYWHERE!!! :rotfl: To be fair i won't go to a club on my own, but i do fancy some night time entertainment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter