• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Comfort Inn Maingate?

ElizabethH

Earning My Ears
We are going to DL June 3-6. :cool1: We have points we could use at Comfort Inn Maingate. I was just wondering if anyone has any reviews on it? Thanks in advance for any help.

We've stayed there a few times. It's a decent motel, very basic. All rooms are exterior entry. We got a kids suite room which was really neat. It had two queen beds in the main room, and a seperate room with two bunk beds for the kids. They also have a similar setup with 2 bathrooms. Our room was quite large, lots of space since the kids had their own area. I did not look into a standard room so can't say much there.

They had a free breakfast every morning in a small room near the office. They had cereal, toast, fruit, juices, muffins and waffles. Nothing fancy here but cheap way to feed everyone and avoid park prices!

All in all because we had the kids suite we liked this motel. However, it is very plain bare bones and without much atmosphere. If going with kids I highly recommend the kids suite. They will love having their own room.

We've stayed there before and liked it just fine. It is about 2 miles or so from the park, so you have to use ART or drive. The hotel itself was rather basic, but everything was very clean and the staff was super nice. The breakfast is your standard continental breakfast, but there was plenty of it. The rooms were large (we stayed in the standard room) and beds comfortable. The parking lot was quite large, so no issue there either.

The biggest downfall IMO is the distance from the parks. I don't know if it's still the same, but when we last stayed there, it was the first stop on the ART route, so we always got on which was nice. I always felt bad by the 2nd or 3rd stop when the bus was totally full, though. :guilty: Had to pass a bunch of heartbroken kids along the way.

Anyway, I'd stay there again, but only if I couldn't find something reasonably priced within parking distance. :goodvibes

Thanks for the replies. Is there a map somewhere that I could look at to see where the hotels are located around DisneyLand. Hmmm...we have Holiday Inn points too maybe we should see if there is one closer.

Thanks for the replies. Is there a map somewhere that I could look at to see where the hotels are located around DisneyLand. Hmmm...we have Holiday Inn points too maybe we should see if there is one closer.

We've always had a car so never really payed much attention to the distance. Once you're not in walking distance it doesn't matter if its 1 mile or 2 miles.

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn on Manchester and really liked it. It's a very nice hotel. The kids suites are neat, kids love them but they do not add any extra room. They remove one queen bed and put in a partition with up to 3 bunks and a seperate TV for the kids.

While I have not stayed at the other Holiday Inns over near the parking garage I've noticed the outside of them. I think the Manchester Rd. Holiday Inn is much nicer and newer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter