• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Comfort Suites Maingate East

KathyT

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever stayed at the Comfort Suites Maingate East located near Old Town? I was thinking of staying there next year as they offer free shuttles to the Disney Parks, Universal and SeaWorld. Could you let me know how the rooms and shuttles are? Also, is there a certain area of the hotel better than another room wise. (Should I request a certain area). Any views on this hotel would be welcome.

I never stayed there so I cannot comment on the rooms. However, be careful of the shuttles. Alot of the hotels make you reserve the 24 hrs in advance, they only depart/ arrive at certain times and some stop at each and every hotel on the strip. I always rent a car so as not to be at someone's mercy. Call that hotel and see what their shuttle policy is.

Thank you for your quick response. I will definitely queck into the scheduling of the shuttles. I didn't think about asking what you advised. The hotel is sending me a sample schedule. Once I get those I will call and inquiry about the reserving of the shuttle and how many stops it makes. Thanks again.

Has anyone else used their shuttles and can give any info?

I don't know anything about the shuttles, but we stayed at Comfort Suites Maingate East in January 2001 and were VERY pleased. Check the search function- I wrote a long review about the place. In Jan. we paid about $55/nite, booked through www.choicehotels.com, although travelscape.com had a better price (about $3/nite cheaper, as I recall- just didn't have time to mess around with changing ressies at that time). This was a great hotel- I'm sure you'll enjooy your time here.

too. It was a very nice, clean, large room with Refrig. The pool was very small but we were so busy it didn't really matter. We booked through AAA and got a good price too.
Holycow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter