Coming from a DLR Vet

Good point, I will think of it as two entirely different trips.

Now we've gotten on the subject of a premier pass. We had AP's for DLR in 2010 and we definitely got our money's worth. We could get Premiers and go to WDW 2x (maybe even more!!:)), and DLR infinity times like we did in '10. Maybe I'll go nuts and just get Premier tix AND book a stay for a theme park view at Poly. I'll never have another honeymoon again! (Hopefully! :laughing:)

I have friends who are DLR passholders and they spent their honeymoon at WDW and LOVED IT! So hopefully you will, too, regardless of which hotel you ultimately stay in! :thumbsup2

I did the premier passport this year because I was going to DLR twice...I have really enjoyed having it.

I have friends who are DLR passholders and they spent their honeymoon at WDW and LOVED IT! So hopefully you will, too, regardless of which hotel you ultimately stay in! :thumbsup2

I did the premier passport this year because I was going to DLR twice...I have really enjoyed having it.

Ahh I am so excited! It is going to be a great new experience for us to see a whole different place than we are used to. I am still deciding on whether or not I should stay at the Poly because of the monorail, the chance of being upgraded to a theme park view since it's off season and I will mention it's our honeymoon. Just the overall theme is amazing! I am trying to decide if I should add water park option, and depending on how long we decide to stay we'll get park hoppers. It's overwhelming but at least now I'm extremely excited too, because we now only have 89 days! :cloud9:

We are Disneyland vets too and we just returned from a late Sept./early Oct. trip. WDW is an amazing place and you will have a lot of fun! We had park hoppers and are glad that we had them. We enjoyed having dinner in Epcot and hanging out there and having the hoppers made it much easier. We ate at Kona cafe at the Poly one morning and it was nice. Being able to watch the fireworks from the beach would be a treat. Have a great trip!

We are Disneyland vets too and we just returned from a late Sept./early Oct. trip. WDW is an amazing place and you will have a lot of fun! We had park hoppers and are glad that we had them. We enjoyed having dinner in Epcot and hanging out there and having the hoppers made it much easier. We ate at Kona cafe at the Poly one morning and it was nice. Being able to watch the fireworks from the beach would be a treat. Have a great trip!

So glad you enjoyed it! I am going back to DLR in January and I am really looking forward to it! In a perfect world I would go both places (and maybe some international parks) every year! :goodvibes

We never get park hoppers, I don;t think it is worth the extra money. For the day I go to DS I spend 1/2 the day in DTD or back at the resort in the pool.

Should I get parkhoppers?

Another DLR Vet here. Definitely get the Park Hoppers. For me personally DHS is a 1/2 day park and AK is a 1/4 day park. I know WDW is much more spread out than DL, but that little bit of extra money is worth it for the freedom alone. Let's say you don't get hoppers and you hit DHS at rope drop and are done with the park by 2. You'd be stuck!

I've asked this before, but in your honest opinion is it even worth going to WDW? I hear that a lot, that DLR's originals are better. And I just looked at the refurb list and my absolute favortie, BTMRR is down. :sad1: I could just save the money I'd spend on plane tix (I can drive to DLR in 5 hours) and stay at GCH or something for our honeymoon. I HATE TRYING TO DECIDE! :eek: lol

1000 times yes! Definitely go. For us DL folk DL is "home" and will always be #1, but WDW has so many awesome things to do/see that DL doesn't. Epcot is an amazing park. And always being on Disney property is the best. That's the downside of DL. Too much reality just outside the berm. :rotfl:

Not to mention being able to ride the Carousel of Progress, the Peoplemover, and watch the Country Bear Jamboree!

Of course DF says "pick the cheapest one" but I know even he would enjoy a nicer resort. AND this is our honeymoon. That alone makes me want to book a room at the Contemporary or Poly!! Care to explain why that would be a good idea? Bad idea?

My vote is for either Port Orleans resort. As a DL person you would probably prefer the French Quarter like I do, since it totally reminds you of New Orleans Square (which WDW doesn't have). It's also way smaller therefore the walk to your room from the lobby or bus stop won't take 20 minutes. The Riverside does have those new princess rooms coming, but not until March.

I wouldn't say you have to go all the way to deluxe (unless money is no object), but I wouldn't want to spend my honeymoon at a value resort. Port Orleans is a nice middle ground where the resort grounds and amenities are a little nicer along with the boat transportation to DTD.

Agreed! :thumbsup2

Good point, I will think of it as two entirely different trips.

Now we've gotten on the subject of a premier pass. We had AP's for DLR in 2010 and we definitely got our money's worth. We could get Premiers and go to WDW 2x (maybe even more!!:)), and DLR infinity times like we did in '10. Maybe I'll go nuts and just get Premier tix AND book a stay for a theme park view at Poly. I'll never have another honeymoon again! (Hopefully! :laughing:)

We've beem DL AP holders for years. Last year we upgraded to Premier when we decided to go to WDW - definitely worth the cost, it was the same to upgrade as a 2 day parkhopper. And with the Premier, you also have included the water parks and Disney Quest. So, we did it again this year, and are going back to WDW the week before Christmas.

We stay at an Epcot resort and love the flexibility of going between HS and Epcot. We agree that DLR has much better POTC, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones. But WDW has my all time favorite ride, Everest, and Rock n'Roller Coaster, plus I like the theming of TOT better there. And I just love the look of HS - but I think CA is getting more of that old Hollywood/Fairfax theming.

Epcot is just wonderful, I love the world showcase and the street performers. And the restaurants - WDW definitely has DLR beat on the food (although we're getting better there too).

I wouldn't necessarily bother with Fantasmic at WDW, but we enjoy the car stunt show, and the two shows at AK - Finding Nemo and Festival of the Lion King are definitely worth your time.

We always get hoppers at both WDW and DL. I love it at WDW how you can have lunch at Epcot, and then spend the evening in another park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter