Coming from NY. This is horrible

NYC only has 26% of the population that has COVID-19 antibodies, according to the state-wide tests done. We lost way too many people. And now there is evidence of long-term illnesses in many who have survived COVID. They didn't even have severe cases, nor had high risk factors.
Thank you for that number. I did not see it in my research. Do you have a link? Not that I don't believe you, just like to have data to back up my numbers! I am a numbers person for sure and I have an odd fascination with pandemics and viruses in general. I think I missed my calling!

So if 26% of the population of NYC shows antibodies based off of the date and testing available, they are still VERY far from any sort of herd immunity. Just more proof that it does not exist.

To understand herd immunity please read this:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...th/herd-immunity-and-coronavirus/art-20486808
Herd immunity occurs when a population is safe from the spread of infection. All members are safe with herd immunity, not just those who are actually immune. Herd immunity means there is little risk of the disease spreading.

Herd immunity is reached in two basic ways:
1. Vaccine.
2. Anti-bodies. 70% of a population would need to have been infected with Covid-19 and recover with anti-bodies for there to be herd immunity through this route. The other issue with anti-bodies is that they may disappear after a few months making the person no longer immune. If this is true, studies in China are leaning this way, then this path to herd immunity is unlikely to be successful.

NY/NJ has NEVER reached either of these two thresholds for herd immunity.

More sources:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/vaccine-reach-herd-immunity-scientists/story?id=71662733
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53315983
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/from-ou...ty-against-covid-19-a-dangerous-misconception
PLEASE, BEFORE TALKING ABOUT HERD IMMUNITY--PLESE UNDERSTAND WHAT IT ACTUALLY IS!

NYC only has 26% of the population that has COVID-19 antibodies, according to the state-wide tests done. We lost way too many people. And now there is evidence of long-term illnesses in many who have survived COVID. They didn't even have severe cases, nor had high risk factors.

Have they tested 100% of the population or is this just the people who were tested??? There

What percentage of the population was tested???

You're in the group of your angry little army on here!!! All good. I am glad you guys are all medical experts and know more then doctors/scientists! There is so much they do not know about this virus but you and your little group seem to know it all!!! I will ask you this. If there is no immunity, what do you believe our country can do, stay home til it goes away??? Is that realistic? You do know they had the shutdown in NY/NJ to not overwhelm the medical community. What happens if this virus stays around for 5 years? or more? Please, post scientific evidence that states there is definitely no immunity to this virus at all? If someone has had it and recovered, they are not better off then someone who has never been exposed??? Please enlighten us!
You probably should have joined the conversation months ago. I’ve clearly stated my opinion multiple times over the course of many threads. I don’t need to enlighten anybody because the other people on this thread already know how I feel. Like I know of them. And we’ve all shared copious amounts of research already. You are of course welcome to join in on the conversation, but it’s on you to go back and catch up. Not for us to dig up information we’ve already researched and posted.

But truthfully if you’re going to dismiss the overwhelming majority of people here who have done a ton of research as “my little army”, along with all medical experts, there is no discussion to be had. The truth is both sides of this virus debate on this board have come together in agreement on this one issue.

So why don’t you show us the proof that there is immunity. That is not just you yelling it at us.

Last edited:
Calm down. Do exclamation points really bother you that much?? If they do, do some soul searching!

I’ve tried to stay out of this, but if you read back over your posts, do you really feel that you have shown the kindness that you are calling on others to display? (And as I used to tell my kids, I don’t care who started it.)
You are welcome to be as snarky as you’d like, but it seems disingenuous to call others out as you continue to respond in the same way.

I have read alot about this illness, as I am sure most have and as far as I have read, they are NOT sure about immunity/antibodies etc. Please post about people with COVID have no immunity!
Maybe this is the disconnect. Antibodies do not equal immunity.

And you should look up the definition of herd immunity. It doesn’t means what you think it does.

Last edited:
Have they tested 100% of the population or is this just the people who were tested??? There

What percentage of the population was tested???
My understanding is that these are statistics. You don't actually survey 100% of a population to have reliable data. You select a random portion and then extrapolate those numbers from there.

You probably should have joined the conversation months ago. I’ve clearly stated my opinion multiple times over the course of many threads. I don’t need to enlighten anybody because the other people on this thread already know how I feel. Like I know of them. And we’ve all shared copious amounts of research already. You are of course welcome to join in on the conversation, but it’s on you to go back and catch up. Not for us to dig up information we’ve already researched and posted.

But truthfully if you’re going to dismiss the overwhelming majority of people here who have done a ton of research as “my little army”, along with all medical experts, there is no discussion to be had. The truth is both sides of this virus debate on this board have come together in agreement on this one issue.

So why don’t you show us the proof that there is immunity. That is just you yelling it at us.
I asked for a cite for this immunity as well but was told to prove that there isn't. Just an endless circle of willful ignorance at this point.

Thank you for that number. I did not see it in my research. Do you have a link? Not that I don't believe you, just like to have data to back up my numbers! I am a numbers person for sure and I have an odd fascination with pandemics and viruses in general. I think I missed my calling!

So if 26% of the population of NYC shows antibodies based off of the date and testing available, they are still VERY far from any sort of herd immunity. Just more proof that it does not exist.

Let me see if I can find a link. I can't seem to find it on the DOH Dashboard. So I must have found it elsewhere. Maybe a NYC link? :scratchin I took the antibody test a while back as I thought I may have had COVID. I'm negative for antibodies. They gave me my actual (lack) of numbers. I thought, "Rub it in!" :lmao:

As others have said, we need 60% -70% people with antibodies IF it even causes herd immunity. So, so not worth losing any more people to get it.

Yes, many of you should go over to this other thread for an entertaining read by this person. (Although, I got bored eventually.
gaehn2.gif
) You don't even have to start at the beginning of the thread, only where they enter the conversation. Bring a cocktail to read along. 🍸

https://www.disboards.com/threads/this-is-such-a-sad-sick-world.3807077/page-9
Why on earth would we want to do that?

Okay, here you go. I had to snip it off of one of the NY Gov's news briefings. This was from a month ago. So the antibody results for NYC should be higher now, about 26-ish percent. Click on it to enlarge the photo.

Antibody%2Btest%2BJune13.JPG

Last edited:
Okay, here you go. I had to snip it off of one of the NY Gov's news briefings. This was from a month ago. So the antibody results should be higher now, about 26-ish percent. Click on it to enlarge the photo.

Antibody%2Btest%2BJune13.JPG

Unless antibodies don't last very long. If you tested those same people today, they might no longer have them. We don't know.

Unless antibodies don't last very long. If you tested those same people today, they might no longer have them. We don't know.

Very true. Although many people have been donating their blood plasma for the COVID convalescent plasma treatments. Our local news anchor said he gave his about 4 times. One is supposed to wait 2 weeks between donations. So, his lasted at least 8 weeks. :confused3 He hasn't said after that if he's continued to donate.

Why on earth would we want to do that?
Thank you for posting the link to the other discussion. You really can't fight willful ignorance--like totally ignoring my links about herd immunity which basically showed that the poster does not understand what it actually is.

Oops, I think I thanked the wrong person for this link!!

I got it. I figured once people see what they were like on other threads, they'd stop banging their heads against the wall, trying to get through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter