Coming from the south on 81 N. is it faster to take 81/84… Or 81/78 going to Massachusetts

Shamrock88

Earning My Ears
Driving from Disney on the inland route, which I have never done before. Taking 95/26/77/81… From 81. Is it faster 78 in Harrisburg, or continue on 81 to Scranton and pick up 84? I'm heading to Foxborough, Massachusetts

We are near Sturbridge. We find that 78 is quicker. We take 78 to I believe it's 287 to the NY State Thruway and over the Tappan Zee to 684 to 84. You get on 84 near White Plains, NY ...very close to Danbury, CT.

The other route seems to take a lot of extra miles. Not sure if that is the actual case, but to us it feels like it.

Good luck!

We go to NH all the time and take 287 to NY Thruway and Newburgh bridge there and avoid the Tappan Zee. Then pick up 84 to Mass Pike near Sturbridge. So much better than 684 and 84.... done both and know from much experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter