Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Second that! We found that they can be very accommodating, but you have to ASK for it. pixiedust: for rest of vacay!

BTW, Barb, if you would like another reporter for Sept, we will be there 10th-18th with four adults eating up a storm. :woohoo: I have enjoyed this thread so thoroughly, that I'd love to give back.

Sure, welcome to the September team! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to update we added 2 more nights on so we arrive September 13th so excited to add to this great thread!

Congrats on two more days at Disney World! :woohoo: I'll change your arrival date to the 13th.

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us this morning by jacksmom.

She and her family had dinner last night at Magic Kingdom's...

Pecos Bill's

Here is what they had...

Bacon Cheeseburger and French Fries

Veggie Burger and French Fries

Kids PB & J

"The yummy warm cheese sauce was the best part!"

3 August Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

We also received an update from a new reporter who arrived at Disney World last night, yorkshirebelle.

She said, "Rachel (yorkshirebelle) reporting for duty! Arrived at SSR very late last night after 22 hours travelling so our first meal was breakfast this morning at..."

First some menu pics from Artist's Palette...

Here is what they had...

"My breakfast was the obligatory Mickey Waffles - yum!"

"DH had the Bounty platter - said it was a little cold!"

And then a bonus pic of the interior of Artist's Palette...

3 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menus, and interior pic

Next in today were a couple more updates from nicole0992, the first one from DHS'...

She said, "My daughter started to feel sick this day so we cancelled our Sci Fi ADR and I grabbed a ham sandwich and an iced coffee before we headed back to the resort."

"I love this sandwich and it was delicious. The iced coffee was great."

3 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

Then nicole0992 sent these snack updates.

She said, "My kids love these sour cherry balls!"

"Can't go to Disney without getting a Mickey bar!"

2 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pics of DD

Dena (Denamac) also sent us some updates today, the first one from their dinner last night at the Contemporary Resort's...

Contempo Cafe

Here is what they had...

Italian Stacked Sandwich

"My dinner, very yummy!"

"Both girls got the pasta marinara. They didn't complain!" ;)

"Pepperoni Flatbread for Ed. He really like it."

3 July Game Points Earned

Oh crap! Bedbugs at the Poly?? Pls tell me it's not in the Hawaii longhouse... Great we will be there in Sept.. Lol sorry germaphobe here...

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

Next was Dena's breakfast snack update from DHS'...

Starring Rolls Cafe

Payton's Chocolate Croissant

"She loved it! And because she was wearing her birthday pin, she got a bonus cookie"

"This was cold and hard, but it was free so we aren't complaining!"

Dena also shared this bit of good news...

"While we were there, Logan got a call with the job offer we have waiting for...YAY!" :banana:

1 July Game Point Earned

Wow ...

So, I've spent countless hours over the past couple of days reading this thread and I am hooked.

I thought we'd eaten at a lot of places at Disney. We're "locals" (we live about 45 minutes away) and I kind of wish we hadn't agreed to take a couple of months off our AP's so I could head over to some of the places we've seen. I was missing Disney before, but I'm missing it more than ever now.

One more update from Dena, this one from their lunch today at Downtown Disney's...

"Ed got the Mac 'n Cheese..."

"Delicious as always!"

"Payton and I got the Spaghetti and Meatballs..."

"I love this meal!!!"

"Logan got the Spaghetti..."

"It was good but she wished she had gotten the Spicy Chicken Pizza. Next time!" ;)

"For dessert, Ed got the cheesecake. He loves it! Sorry Logan forgot to take the pic!"

2 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for name/menu pic

oh my! WDW should pay for your PJs & clothes though?! I would go complain...

Actually, the Polynesian DID Pay for them! We got a call from the Polynesian a little after we got to MK yesterday. We were told that our room had bedbugs (I had gone to the front desk before we went to the park to say we thought something was in our room). Then they told us that EVERYTHING had to removed from the room and that they had to take anything we had that the bugs would live on to kill any reminiscence of them. Because of that, they said to go buy the clothes and pjs and that they would reimburse us. They then gave us the option to either move to a regular room at the Poly (we had a wheelchair-accessible one), that had not yet been refurbished, or we could move to the Grand Floridian. We obviously picked the latter. ;) We've been given a pool-view room with a balcony,2 queen beds, a chaise, a couch, and a second TV. The CMs here at the Grand Floridian have bent over backwards to accommodate us in more ways than one-they even brought balloons for my little sister (she recently had her birthday)! Strawberrylilacs wanted me to say that the resorts (Grand Floridian in particular) have been very professional and efficient in this whole matter.

Actually, the Polynesian DID Pay for them! We got a call from the Polynesian a little after we got to MK yesterday. We were told that our room had bedbugs (I had gone to the front desk before we went to the park to say we thought something was in our room). Then they told us that EVERYTHING had to removed from the room and that they had to take anything we had that the bugs would live on to kill any reminiscence of them. Because of that, they said to go buy the clothes and pjs and that they would reimburse us. They then gave us the option to either move to a regular room at the Poly (we had a wheelchair-accessible one), that had not yet been refurbished, or we could move to the Grand Floridian. We obviously picked the latter. ;) We've been given a pool-view room with a balcony,2 queen beds, a chaise, a couch, and a second TV. The CMs here at the Grand Floridian have bent over backwards to accommodate us in more ways than one-they even brought balloons for my little sister (she recently had her birthday)! Strawberrylilacs wanted me to say that the resorts (Grand Floridian in particular) have been very professional and efficient in this whole matter.

That's very good to hear... Now.. We're you in the Hawaii building germaphobic minds NEED to know!! ( yea that would be me)

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

That's very good to hear... Now.. We're you in the Hawaii building germaphobic minds NEED to know!! ( yea that would be me)

Nope! We were in Fiji, not the Hawaii building.

It's good that they're accommodating, but still...what a nightmare! :scared1:

Did they give you a time frame on when you'll get your stuff back? I'd be scared they were ruining my clothing with whatever they're doing to disinfect...I have plenty of stuff that would be completely unwearable if it were thrown in hot water or a dryer for instance.

A few more updates were received today, so let's start with one from pennyplanner.

She said, "Can you guess where we had dinner last night?"

"If you guessed Sanaa, you are right!" :thumbsup2

"This is the general menu in the case outside the restaurant. Sorry for the glare."

"My sister had the three salad sampler. She chose the mango, watermelon/cucumber/fennel, the the bhel puri."

"The bhel puri is chopped red onion, cucumber, tomato, and a snack mix of puffed rice and crunchy noodles. Both of us would have happily eaten just this for an appetizer. It was that good. The seasonings were very different. I wish we took notes! Our waiter, Christopher was very informative and chatty."

"I chose the bread service with traditional naan, spicy naan, and pappadum."

"To accompany the bread, red curry (nice texture with a sneaky heat), cucumber raita (cooling after the spicy curry), and a tamarind chutney (a kind of slightly sweet bbq-type sauce).

"For her entree, my sister chose the corvina, a white fish, with shrimp, julienned carrots, peas, and mushrooms in a light cumin broth."

"The fish was perfectly cooked--flaky on the outside and crispy on the outside. The star of the dish? The vegetables!"

"My entree was the Buffalo Marsala and the butter chicken."

"The butter chicken was heavenly. Rich and creamy! Oddly enough, I believe it does not contain any butter--just creamy tomato goodness. The rice had a slight shine from seasoned oil and also had whole cumin seeds. I don't usually care for rice, but this was exceptional. I wished I wasn't so full; I would have finished every last bit!"

"Since we are on the dining plan, dessert followed!"

"My sister had the banana kulfi sundae. We remembered photos after a bite or two!"

"The banana ice cream was a rich thick consistency. In the middle was a pool of chocolate. According to my sister, the strawberry smear on the plate was a better accompaniment than the chocolate. That fan garnish is pineapple."

"My dessert was the mango mousse with sliced berry compote."

"This was almost too mild in flavor. The small dollops of pureed mango on the front of the dish made the mousse a stronger flavor. The small white chocolate butterfly garnish was both delicious and a pretty tough. The butterfly stencil on the plate was lovely. The size of the desserts was just right after a filling meal."

"We had good wine, mine being a Pinotage which is South Africa's signature variety."

"Overall rating: 5+ stars
Sanaa far exceeded our expectations. We would happily return and even sit in the bar for drinks and appetizers. Our server was incredibly helpful explaining the menu and spice combinations. There was also a glossary on the menu."

"Added Bonus: giraffe and sundry animal sightings from our table, even though we didn't have a window seat!" :thumbsup2

3 August Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for menu and misc. pics

pennyplanner immediately followed her Sanaa update with another update from today.

She said, "Sunrise over Bay Lake to start our Thursday at WDW!"

They had lunch today at Epcot's...

Here's what they had...

Bahn Mi Sandwich

"This was a version of the Vietnamese classic with marinated shredded pork, carrots, cilantro, and thin cucumber slices. It had a little heat to it, probably from chili oil. The baguette was spread with a little mayo and drizzled with additional marinade? The bread was very fresh, but neither of us finished it. We just ate the filling."

"The accompaniment was an Asian noodle salad that was delicious."

"I tasted some rice vinegar, and if it had toasted sesame seeds, it would have been perfect. The plain look of it was deceiving!"

And for dessert...

Carrot Cake Cupcake

"Here's an inside look at the cupcake."

"The frosting was thick and delicious. The cake was fresh!"

Key Lime Tart

"This was a different recipe than usual. The filling was more dense than Disney's usual light, airy version. It was a more traditional texture. The flavor was exceptional. Who doesn't love a graham cracker crust?" :)

"Overall counter service rating: 5 stars
Sunshine Seasons has great variety and is always fresh!
Our sandwich, however rated a 3.5. Not sure if we'd get it again. It was a tasty filling, but too much bread."

2 August Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and sunrise pic

Next in today was jacksmom's update from her breakfast this morning at Magic Kingdom's...

Pastry Platter

Kids Platter

French Toast

She said, "All was very tasty!"

3 August Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, character pics, and pic of DD

Tonight we also received a couple more updates from yorkshirebelle.

She said, "Today we were at Epcot and being from Yorkshire it would have been rude not to eat at the Yorkshire County Fish Shop!"

"Also fish and chips are a favourite of DH."

"Fish and chips for both of us. Really enjoyed this, the battered fish was particularly good, very light."

"Dessert was the sugar cookie."

"No other option. This was ok, quite soft and something sweet to finish the meal."

2 August Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Points for sign

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter