Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

First of all, am I the only weirdo who still kind of pauses when seeing DDW posting a picture of an alcoholic drink? :lmao: I know, I know, our Disney Dining wunderkind is all grown up!

Secondly, Bluezoo looks amazing!

Third, holy cow, is there a seasonal PULL to certain restaurants, or what? I remember back in May when we were about to try YSH for the first time, it seemed like every other update Barb posted was from there. Now we're about to try AP for the first time in a few days, and sure enough, what, 6 updates from there in a week? :lmao: Maybe AP makes everyone think of fall, and we're all so desperate for fall to begin!

Fourth, I'm so jealous of Barb's trip to Seattle (trying to schedule a trip out there next year) and it was awesome of Rachel to step in and cover for her! This thread takes so much effort, we are all indebted to the both of you! ALL HAIL BARB AND RACHEL! :worship:

Fifth (sheesh!), I'm making ADRs for a very last minute getaway and none of the restaurants we want are available for dinner, but Be Our Guest has two times available! What's up with that? :scared1:

Hi Becky! :wave2: It's been awhile, we've missed you. :goodvibes Seattle was great, as was Portland, but probably our favorites were Victoria and Vancouver. We did a whirlwind tour, didn't spend more than a couple of days at each spot. Would love to return to Vancouver someday and then take an Alaskan cruise from there! Probably won't happen anytime in the near future (will have 2 kids in college and one in grad school next year) but a girl can dream. :cloud9:

But speaking of trips, and more specifically Disney trips, are you still on to meet up with us in December?

"The Tibs also weren't my thing, but I'm not a huge fan of fried, greasy foods. The apples, curry, and cilantro on the plate were delicious together."

Inguday Tibs in Brik - Mushroom, Spinach, and Cheese in crispy Tunisian Filo with Applies and Curry Vinaigrette

Those tibs certainly look good! Perhaps I'm just in the mood for something greasy and fried. ;)

"The two salads were great once again."

"Mozambique-style" Tomato Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes, Peaches, Avocado, Mache, Arugula, and Feta Cheese

Jiko Salad with Heirloom Spiced Melon, Rocket, Mizuna, Peppered Chevre, and Blackberry Vinaigrette

wow, those salads look identical! :rotfl2:

"We passed on dessert here, although I took a picture of the menu anyway."

I don't see the wonderful apple spice cheesecake from our last trip... unfortunately nothing looks appealing to me.

"I hate to say it, but this meal was underwhelming (mainly due to the flatbread and salty fish)." :sad2:
[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]

So sorry to hear that! :sad1:

I just looked back at our pics from AKL CL end of May, and our headboards were different from Donald Dole Whip's, but they were the same as one another. If that makes sense. :lmao:

Not trying to hijack the thread, but this is what our headboards looked like:

That's funny. You made me want to look at our photos and those were our headboards as well. Matching even!

"One of the dishes I wanted to order was unavailable, so instead I got the chilled poached jumbo shrimp. This was a fun take on shrimp cocktail, served with four different sauces: bloody mary sauce, avocado purée, honey mustard, and thousand island/russian/french (I honestly can't remember what it was!). The creamy avocado was my favorite, but I enjoyed them all."

That looks awesome! I've had my eye on that menu items so I was thrilled to see the photo.

"I chose the citrus pavlova with mandarin cream and grapefruit gelée. This reminded me of a seriously elevated creamsicle, thanks to the flavor/texture contrast from the bitter grapefruit and crisp meringue."

That looks more like a semifreddo than a pavlova since it's not too "toasty" but it looks delicious! :scratchin

"I'm so glad I finally made it back to Bluezoo, because everything was great. With its creative menu and plethora of seafood options, bluezoo has quickly become a favorite of mine!"

Loved this update since I haven't seen Bluezoo mentioned in a while.

First of all, am I the only weirdo who still kind of pauses when seeing DDW posting a picture of an alcoholic drink? :lmao: I know, I know, our Disney Dining wunderkind is all grown up!

I'm with you Becky! Our little Mr. DDW is all grown up! :lmao:

Great updates everyone!! It's very dangerous to read these so close to our trip since I want to add one more meal every time I see something delightful! ::yes::

Now for some more updates from yesterday, starting with one from Anne's (scanne) dinner at...

Love the collages! :thumbsup2

And here is what they had...

Rolls and butter

Glass of Riesling

Mussels Provencal with white wine, tomato, garlic, onion, basil and butter

French Onion Soup topped with a Crouton and Gruyere Cheese

Seasonal Salad Trio
Three individual bowls of:
Green Bean, Tomato, and Roasted Shallot Salad
Watermelon, Radish, and Mint Salad
Roasted Beet, Gold Raisin, and Orange Salad

Garden Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette

For their entrees...

Sauteed Shrimp (subbed extra shrimp for scallops) with Seasonal Vegetables and Mushrooms served in Puff Pastry with a creamy lobster sauce

Kids Macaroni (with sauce and cheese on the side)

Chicken Breast Provencal - Pan-seared and simmered in a rustic blend of Heirloom Tomatoes, Olives, White Wine, and fresh Herbs with Seasonal Vegetables and Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

Kids Steak and veggies (gluten free)

And last but not least, desserts...

(Gluten free and NSA) Lemon-Raspberry Cream Puff filled with lemon custard

Triple Chocolate Cupcake - Chocolate Sponge Cake, Chocolate Mousse Filling, and Chocolate Ganache

"The chocolate cupcake was delicious!"

Lemon Meringue Cupcakes - Vanilla Sponge Cake, Lemon Custard Filling, and Flamed Meringue

"Grey stuff (Oreo mousse and a very small portion)."

"Here is my review: food good - nothing was outstanding but everything was tasty."

2 August Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for name and menus + 5 Bonus Points for creative collages

Oops, sorry about the duplicate salad pics in DDW's Jiko review. I was up posting rather late last night (seem to still be running on Pacific time). ;) Anyway, I'll hunt down the correct pic and get that fixed.

Really enjoying the detail of DDW's dining experiences! :thumbsup2

I also have to completely agree with him about the GF expansion. It looks utilitarian, like *any* other resort that any of the major hotel chains would build, not a true Disney resort. Very disappointed. It totally detracts from the glamour of GF. :confused3

My heart skipped a beat looking at his photos from the Poly. We were going to do our vow renewal at Sunset Point and after waiting and dreaming of having it there for all these years, we were told it was unavailable indefinitely and perhaps permanently. This is going to be our 30th so I was beyond disappointed and cancelled with DFTW.......:sad1:

Ok seriously Donald what do you do for a living that your at WDW so much & are you married?? LMAO! I Kid I kid I'm married!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I'm a college student hoping to get a decent job (so I can start paying for our vacations). :lmao: But seriously, I feel very fortunate to be able to go to WDW so often. And nope - not married and not planning on it anytime soon. :laughing:

Secondly, Bluezoo looks amazing!

Third, holy cow, is there a seasonal PULL to certain restaurants, or what? I remember back in May when we were about to try YSH for the first time, it seemed like every other update Barb posted was from there. Now we're about to try AP for the first time in a few days, and sure enough, what, 6 updates from there in a week? :lmao: Maybe AP makes everyone think of fall, and we're all so desperate for fall to begin!
Every time I order an alcoholic drink, I feel weird about it too. :laughing:

Bluezoo is highly recommended...but Artist Point still might be higher! It's been one of my true Disney favorites for years (and yes, you'll be seeing another update from there). ;)

wow, those salads look identical! :rotfl2:

So sorry to hear that! :sad1:
Yeah, I feel bad having to say those things about Jiko since we've had such awesome experiences there. This just wasn't our night. :confused3

And the salads definitely didn't taste the same - both are recommended. Thank you Barb for fixing it so quickly! :goodvibes

Really enjoying the detail of DDW's dining experiences! :thumbsup2

I also have to completely agree with him about the GF expansion. It looks utilitarian, like *any* other resort that any of the major hotel chains would build, not a true Disney resort. Very disappointed. It totally detracts from the glamour of GF. :confused3

My heart skipped a beat looking at his photos from the Poly. We were going to do our vow renewal at Sunset Point and after waiting and dreaming of having it there for all these years, we were told it was unavailable indefinitely and perhaps permanently. This is going to be our 30th so I was beyond disappointed and cancelled with DFTW.......:sad1:
I'm glad you understand how I'm feeling about GF's new building. It's not the fact that they're adding DVC - it's where and what they've chosen to build (it doesn't help that the building's exterior looks like a GF knockoff you'd find on International Drive). I think they realized that they were cluttering the Seven Seas Lagoon too much, since the supposed plans to build 5-story T-wings (like GF's new building) at Poly were scrapped. Still, it's too late for the Grand.

And I'm so sorry to hear about your vow renewal plans not working out. For a location directly across from the world's busiest theme park, Sunset Point feels surprisingly isolated and tranquil (much like GF's old beach). It's a shame that Disney wants to change that. :sad2:

Next we have another update from Anne (scanne), this one of the Late Night Dessert Offerings at the Wilderness Lodge's CL Lounge...

Old Faithful Club

Cordials and Wine

"Cookies, brownies, Magic bars, and tonight they had apple cobbler..."

"Here's the apple cobbler..."

"Berry cobbler was put out too!"

10 August Game Points Earned

I'm new to this thread, but so glad I found it! You all are definitely helping me with choosing meals for our next trip (even though it is a ways off)! Thank you!!

I just need to stop looking at all the pics during lunchtime...

Then another update from DonaldDoleWhip.

He said, "From GF, I headed over to Magic Kingdom to utilize my FP+ bookings."

Splash

Big Thunder

Miscellaneous Frontierland pic

"Since my phone was also serving as a camera, the battery was draining quickly. I needed to find somewhere to recharge - preferably somewhere indoors, since the sun was beating down on me."

"This led me to...

Menu

"CHH is one of my favorite quick service locations. I like the grilled salmon there, but this time I just felt like a side. My choice was steamed broccoli."

"This really hit the spot - I love when menus include healthier options!"

Theming

View from the second floor

"Sleepy Hollow recently received an exterior refurbishment, and it received a slight name change (probably to reflect the waffle sandwiches)."

Menu

"Random photo: Mad Tea Party is one of the many attractions that now utilizes FP+"

"One more pic from MK..."

1 August Game Point Earned + 9 Bonus Points for signs, menus, and misc. pics

Last in yesterday were a couple of updates from Vicki (GoofySon'sMom).

Vicki said, "Lunch today was at my favorite place to have lunch on Disney property."

A menu pic...

"We both had the Scotch Egg appetizer. I know they are not the healthiest choice but they are sooo good."

"Andrew had the Breakfast Burger and I had the Bangers and Mash."

English Breakfast Burger - Angus Beef Patty with Applewood-smoked Bacon, Cheddar, Fried Egg, and House-made HP Sauce."

Bangers and Mash - Traditional English Sausages with Braised Cabbage and Bacon served with Mashed Potatoes and Shallot Gravy

"All the times I have eaten here I never noticed the "Rose and Crown" stained glass."

"For dessert, Andrew had the Sticky Toffee Pudding and I the Peach Cheesecake."

Sticky Toffee Pudding

Roasted Peach Cheesecake with Almond Brittle

"Everything was excellent!" :thumbsup2

5 August Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, pic of Andrew, and misc. pic

Then next is Vicki's update from their dinner last night at the Yacht Club's...

First a menu pic...

Here's what they had...

"Love the way they serve the iced tea. We don't use sweetener but I like that they offer simple syrup."

"And the amazing onion rolls with garlic..."

"I had the cheese plate. No more pot of goo!" ;)

"All were very good. Especially the first and the last."

"I had the filet and subbed the twice baked potato for the mashed."

"My potato was really great but the steak a bit tough and undercooked."

"Andrew had the hanger steak and truffle fries."

"Andrew loved his steak and the truffle aioli was absolutely delicious."

"Even though I was disappointed with my steak, the overall meal was still good."

5 August Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for name and menus

Now for First Update of the Day sent to us this morning by Anne (scanne) from her breakfast at the Wilderness Lodge's CL Lounge...

Old Faithful Club

Here's what they chose for their breakfast today...

"Bagel with cream cheese and strawberry jam, blueberry Greek yogurt, fruit, and a cappuccino."

"Gluten free chocolate muffin and gluten free bagel."

5 August Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

Next in this morning was this breakfast update from Jeanette (JintyB).

She said, "Breakfast yesterday was with the princesses at..."

"Our friends little boy decided about five minutes before that he didn't like princesses - this was hilarious as he didn't act up or cry, just calmly said 'no thank you' each time a princess asked if he wanted his photo taken with them!"

"I found them a bit distracting and forgot to take many photos."

"We started with the buffet:"

"And the platters - one vegetarian, one meatatarian!"

"Oh my - those cheesy potatoes were yummy!"

"Our daughters might be a bit tall for it, but pointing out it was their last real chance to join in, they did the 'bouquet of love' procession second time around. I love how Disney can take any of us back to childhood - even if we're barely out of it." :)

3 August Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign and pic of DDs and Ariel

Vicki (GoofySon'sMom) also sent us a breakfast update this morning.

She and Andrew headed to Downtown Disney today and had breakfast at...

"I have been planning to get here for several years but never made it."

And a very nice pic of Andrew...

"We shared the breakfast pocket ad corn flake French toast. Both excellent!"

3 August Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for name and pic of Andrew

Hey Vicki, my DS is a MASSIVE Chelsea fan, he got so excited to see that picture of Andrew.

Now for some lunch updates, starting with Anne's (scanne) update from...

"First I made a collage of the package items. From top left to right is the vegetarian platter - tabbouleh, hummus and couscous. Vegetarian wrap and bottom is Asian chicken salad."

"My daughter had the Chicken Caesar salad without croutons and gluten free chocolate chip cookies for dessert."

"I had the Mongolian beef with noodles..."

"The beef was good (not great) with decent flavor and texture. Noodles were overly salty and a little mushy. I had a bottled water with it."

"My parents had yogurt, hard boiled egg and pita rounds."

"My son had the Kids chicken leg meal with gelatin and mashed potatoes and I got him BBQ chips since he doesn't eat mashed potatoes."

"I asked if they'd sub two chicken legs and no sides and was told no."

"Overall we felt that Seasons was a little lacking...the potential for some really fresh and interesting foods is there, but it seems more mass produced than anything else. And since it is like a food court, I guess it's expected."

"We also got some sugary sweets earlier from Goofy's Candy Co."

Jelly beans and Rock candy lollipops

3 August Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and collage

Next Jeanette (JintyB) sent us a great update from their snacking around Epcot yesterday.

First from...

"Frozen coke...

And frozen raspberry lemonade."

"The girls shared nuggets from here (at the Canada side entrance to World Showcase)..."

"And we had a beer - Orlando brewing organic red ale. I found it too bitter but DH had no problem finishing it!"

"We sheltered from the rain for a while and as all of Canada's drink outlets were shut, ended up in the UK."

"I would never drink Stella at home!"

"France was calling." :)

"Sadly the pink one wasn't available, so Citron slushie it was."

"These melted so fast, it was an effort to keep ahead so as to not spill a drop. I rose to the challenge." :)

"We sheltered in Morocco from another storm."

"And as we were there a while, had a Moroccan beer and a couple of M&M cookies - I'm sure these are a traditional Moroccan delicacy." ;)

"Skipping Japan, we made it to America so I could finally try a Jalapeño cream cheese stuffed pretzel - this was glorious." :)

"This was washed down with a Bud Light."

"Wow...we do seem to have been going for it drink wise today!!!"

"Heading back to the UK for our dinner ADR, we grabbed a Moroccarita, a Sultan's Colada, and two Tangierine beers. The boys said the beers weren't great."

"Sorry whoever asked, but we never made it to China (which is probably for the best!!!)." ;)

7 August Game Points Earned + 8 Bonus Points for signs, menus, pic of Jeanette, and misc. pic

But speaking of trips, and more specifically Disney trips, are you still on to meet up with us in December?

Hi Barb! I missed this thread so much! :wave2: And yup, still on! Actually I think we can make the MAIN meet event now (that was on the 7th right?) because my ceremony got moved back a week. And of course we'd already booked and paid for our cruise. So now it's a PRE-grad celebration trip! :rolleyes2

Bluezoo is highly recommended...but Artist Point still might be higher! It's been one of my true Disney favorites for years (and yes, you'll be seeing another update from there). ;)

I can't wait to see what you order. I have no idea what I'm going to try at AP! I've got my eye on the halibut but we eat so much seafood. At signatures I always feel like I should get something I'd never eat at home, but then I also feel like I'm missing out on a really good preparation of something I may eat often. :laughing: I know you probably don't think like this, it seems like you always eat pretty balanced! Speaking of which though...

Then another update from DonaldDoleWhip.

A side of broccoli as a snack at Disney World. BROCCOLI! As a SNACK! At DISNEY! This update had me clutching at my pearls and gave my husband the vapors. This is the most sacrilegious thing I've ever heard of! I say Barb should DEDUCT ten points for that! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hey Vicki, my DS is a MASSIVE Chelsea fan, he got so excited to see that picture of Andrew.

We bought another shirt this year! :thumbsup2 The one in the pic was from last year. I think Andrew has 4 different ones now.

A side of broccoli as a snack at Disney World. BROCCOLI! As a SNACK! At DISNEY! This update had me clutching at my pearls and gave my husband the vapors. This is the most sacrilegious thing I've ever heard of! I say Barb should DEDUCT ten points for that! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ok this absolutely cracked me up! :rotfl: I will admit though that we had "2nd" lunch at CHH today and I wish I had remembered that I could have subbed broccoli for the chips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter