Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

You know, I think getting a Barb reporter PM is almost as exciting as getting Mickey Mail :hyper: It will be just DSis (Kit) and myself this trip. We took our parents back in February for their birthdays, right after Dad had emergency surgery and just before Mom received her diagnosis. This trip is to use up air fare credit and a thank you from our parents for taking care of them this summer.

Dates: Sept 22 to 26th, so about a month to go!
Resort: ASMu. Hoping to get Broadway or Calypso rooms!
Meals: It's a surprise for Kit, but I snagged a ressie at Crystal Palace that gets us into MK before the park opens!! I'm super excited. Possibly a meal at GFC but I may cancel.
Other than that, we're going to split a lot of meals at QS places, get 'desserts' at other locations and see if we can walk up at a couple Table Service restaurants, so lots of things will be a surprise for this short trip! It will also be our very first MNSSHP!

They have great low carb options like the artichokes and caprese salad among other small plates. They don't take adrs and you can order off the Tutto Italia menu if you wanted.

Thank you! We'll definitely scout things out this trip and I can't wait to tell Mom! Also, I'm willing to donate half my points to keep Barb going after December ;)

I am a big lurker of this thread and absolutely love it! I will be at Disney AKL Jambo House from Oct 16 - 22 and would love to do live reporting! We have reservations at Ohana for breakfast and dinner, Trail's End, Boma, Via Napoli and Kona Cafe. We will also be indulging in the Food and Wine offerings:) .

We will be there at the same time! We check in on 10/20 for 6 nights and then over to WL. Perhaps we can meet up at the Victoria Falls Lounge for a drink one evening or out by the firepit! :)

Loved the review of dining with an Imagineer. I did that in February and had the same Imagineer. He was great. We are enjoying our hotel room now- having a DVC unit is great) but getting ready for dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse tonight. No new locations for me. We have a surprise Illuminations cruise tonight (I booked it but haven't to,f anyone). So hopefully we don't get rained out like people did last night!!

I've added the dining with the Imagineer to the list of ressies I want to make! I have so much to get done and am so needing a huge sprinkle of pixie dust trying to pull off this trip! lol Tell me about the Illuminations cruise. Did you enjoy it/worth it? We did a private cruise of Seven Seas to view MNNSHP fireworks (wish it had been Wishes!) and it was amazing!

Hi Barb -

I'd be happy to report again during my trip for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon - November 7-11.

It will be my first visit home to Bay Lake Tower and we'll be doing some F&W events as well!

Chris

That would be great, thanks Chris! :thumbsup2

Hi Barb! I just got caught up on the thread... I was only way back on page 100 or so!! I've been working a lot since my last Disney trip so haven't had much DIS time but now that hubby has reinforced once again (yes I actually was in doubt due to finances but he said to go ahead! It took him saying that at least 3 times! Now events are booked so we are committed!) that we are going to WDW this fall I am back on track.. Well kinda... I have to resurrect my Dining Report and Trip Report from the dead I think!

Anyways I would love to be a live reporter again! We will be there October 18-28 (Travel day is the 17th so we won't get there till around midnight I am sure!)

I'm not quite sure what our plans are yet! I was hoping the thread would help me but it hasn't at all! I do know Citrico's and Cali Grill (If I can get an ADR) are definitely on the docket. We also have booked several F&W demo's, a French Regional Lunch and Party for the Senses. Oh.. And of course the Swan and Dolphin F&W Classic for BOTH days! DH has also agreed to Afternoon Tea! (Isn't he awesome! :love:) Although the tea I have been dreaming about doesn't appear on the menu! :sad:

Barb I'm so sad to hear that you may be finishing up this thread! I've so enjoyed reading along since I found it a few months ago! I'm a Disney vet going back to my first trip in '72 but I love seeing how many places I still haven't stopped in and tried and how many foods are there that I seriously never knew about!

Our trip in October/November is for our 30th anniversary and both our birthdays and because life has quite frankly just "happened" these last several months, the trip has not been planned like it should have been. We just got our resort plans set about 2 weeks ago! Many reservations have yet to be made and we are probably going to end up doing a lot of "winging it" type of things so I'm hesitant to jump in as a reporter for you. I know I can get all the info to you when I get back but not sure if I can get it all to you while we're there.

We have our usual places favorites on our list including 'Ohana (his fav...), Cali Grill, Waynama Safari which includes dinner at Jiko, *finally* got a Crystal Palace breakfast ressie this trip (8:10 AM so pre-opening! yeah!!!!), Liberty Tree Tavern, Sanaa, Citrico's, Artist Point, Wolf Gang Puck Express, and assorted QS. After reading along for a while now there are sooooo many places I want to try that I've always just walked by.....even if it's just for a drink and an app.....like Paradiso and Raglan Road. There are so many other things that I keep seeing pop up that I don't know how we're going to get it all in. :lmao:

September reporter checking in!:wave2:Will be in the World Sept 8-11 and will be on the QSDP! It's just the hubs and I on a quick "couples" trip. We plan on trying a few places we've gone before, and a couple newbies! We can't wait! Love this thread-it's been so much fun to read, and we can't wait to add to it! Thanks Barb!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

So now that I've let the cat out of the bag regarding my plan for December, if there is anyone who is going to be at Disney World on Monday, Dec. 9th and would like to join us for an Epcot Bar Crawl, we would be happy to have you...even if for just one drink. As of now, the attendees will be Brenda (emmysmommy) & Em (Just Emmy), Vicki (GoofySon'sMom), Linda (Linda67), Rachel (rachel09985), and Paula (smile4stamps). Oh, and me too! ;)

I'll post a tentative schedule for that day here on the thread when it gets closer to December, so you will have a general idea of where to find us. Or of course, you can just text me...as most of you have my number by now. :lmao:

I may stop in for a drink, with a 2.5 year old its hard to enjoy a cocktail until he's napping. A schedule would be great so I know when u may be closer to France and far way from Mexico and that horrid alcohol (tequila) hey I would even take Germany or Italy!

September reporter checking in.
Staying for 9 days beginning 9/10. (20 days away, yippee!).

The Fall trip is a tradition for the girls in our family, daughters Jessica and Jasmine, and myself, Debby. We will spend the first 4 days of our trip together, and will be joined on day 5 by Aaron, the new son-in-law. Having been introduced to WDW on his honeymoon, he would not stay home. We are doing QS with a few special events thrown in for good measure. We fancy ourselves to be foodies and will be seeking out the most interesting and delicious meals and snacks. I have always wanted to do a trip report, but it seemed like too much posting - thanks to Barb for making this possible.

Good morning everyone! I'm losing track of everyone's updates there's so many to read to get caught up! I still have yesterdays updates to send you Barb. I love your match the diser to the restaurant game!

Good job keeping up with everyone!

Hi Barb!
We'll be arriving at WDW on December 9th, but we'll be driving so I don't expect us to arrive until pretty late. Would you be willing to include me on communications, just in case we make it in time to join the meet?

Hi Barb! I just got caught up on the thread... I was only way back on page 100 or so!! I've been working a lot since my last Disney trip so haven't had much DIS time but now that hubby has reinforced once again (yes I actually was in doubt due to finances but he said to go ahead! It took him saying that at least 3 times! Now events are booked so we are committed!) that we are going to WDW this fall I am back on track.. Well kinda... I have to resurrect my Dining Report and Trip Report from the dead I think!

Anyways I would love to be a live reporter again! We will be there October 18-28 (Travel day is the 17th so we won't get there till around midnight I am sure!)

Hi Paula! :wave2: Glad to see you around here again! And of course I would love to have you as a live reporter again in October. :thumbsup2 After all, you are still our reigning queen reporter from your May trip, as I haven't yet got around to announcing the winners from our June/July game. :eek: (I promise to do that soon though, just waiting for the thread to slow down a bit :guilty:) And I know what you mean about resurrecting a dead dining/trip report. During your search for yours, if you should happen to run across mine from March...give it a wave hello for me. :laughing:

Our trip in October/November is for our 30th anniversary and both our birthdays and because life has quite frankly just "happened" these last several months, the trip has not been planned like it should have been. We just got our resort plans set about 2 weeks ago! Many reservations have yet to be made and we are probably going to end up doing a lot of "winging it" type of things so I'm hesitant to jump in as a reporter for you. I know I can get all the info to you when I get back but not sure if I can get it all to you while we're there.

Hi mskayjay! I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying the thread. It would be great if you could do some live reporting for us, even if most of it takes place once you get back home. Almost live would be better than not at all. Oh and "winging it" is not a problem at all, especially during the Food & Wine festival. ;) So anyway, if you should decide to give it try, let me know your dates so I can add you to the schedule. Thanks! :goodvibes

I may stop in for a drink, with a 2.5 year old its hard to enjoy a cocktail until he's napping. A schedule would be great so I know when u may be closer to France and far way from Mexico and that horrid alcohol (tequila) hey I would even take Germany or Italy!

Hi Sue!
I'm sure we will be spending a lot of time in France. I think we are starting with breakfast at the bakery, followed by the traditional DISmeet slushies. And we might even end there as well, to try out those ice cream martinis! ;)

Hi Barb,

My name is Ken. Thank you so much for this awesome resource. I haven't been to Disney World for 22 years (when I was 10) and this thread REALLY helped me plan our upcoming trip from Friday, November 1st to Thursday, November 7th staying in AoA Nemo Suite. We'd love to pay it forward and report for our DXDP trip during F&W which includes: DW32, DD4, DD3, and for parts of the trip DM, DF, DSis29, DMIL and DFIL. Our plans/ADRs include: BOG (lunch), Narcoosee's (dinner), H&V (bfast), Jiko (dinner), Akershus (bfast), Cali Grill (dinner; currently have Ohana ADR), Crystal Palace (bfast), Monsieur Paul (dinner), Tusker House (bfast), V&A QVR (surprise dinner, they think we're going to Citricos), BBB followed by CRT (bfast), BOG (dinner), Akershus (bfast again), Via Napoli (early dinner). Unfortunately no f&w special events due to our daughter's ages but we look forward to snacking at the booths.

72 days to go, can't wait!

Hi Barb!
We'll be arriving at WDW on December 9th, but we'll be driving so I don't expect us to arrive until pretty late. Would you be willing to include me on communications, just in case we make it in time to join the meet?

Hi there Jill! After our Epcot bar crawl on the 9th, we plan to park hop over to DHS for the evening to see the Osborne Lights. On the 10th, I think our group is again at Epcot in the morning and then MK the rest of day and evening (for MVMCP). Wednesday the 11th is a DHS/Epcot combo day for us. So if you can't make it in time for the bar crawl on Monday, hopefully we can meet up another time. :thumbsup2

Good morning everyone! I'm losing track of everyone's updates there's so many to read to get caught up! I still have yesterdays updates to send you Barb. I love your match the diser to the restaurant game!

Good job keeping up with everyone!

Hi Brenda! Almost missed your post. Hope you are having a wonderfully delicious time there! :thumbsup2 And no worries about being behind a day, as I too am now behind a full day...I have about 17 updates to post from yesterday. Of course, that's down from the 24 updates I received from our reporters on Monday...slackers. :lmao:

Hi Barb,

My name is Ken. Thank you so much for this awesome resource. I haven't been to Disney World for 22 years (when I was 10) and this thread REALLY helped me plan our upcoming trip from Friday, November 1st to Thursday, November 7th staying in AoA Nemo Suite. We'd love to pay it forward and report for our DXDP trip during F&W which includes: DW32, DD4, DD3, and for parts of the trip DM, DF, DSis29, DMIL and DFIL. Our plans/ADRs include: BOG (lunch), Narcoosee's (dinner), H&V (bfast), Jiko (dinner), Akershus (bfast), Cali Grill (dinner; currently have Ohana ADR), Crystal Palace (bfast), Monsieur Paul (dinner), Tusker House (bfast), V&A QVR (surprise dinner, they think we're going to Citricos), BBB followed by CRT (bfast), BOG (dinner), Akershus (bfast again), Via Napoli (early dinner). Unfortunately no f&w special events due to our daughter's ages but we look forward to snacking at the booths.

72 days to go, can't wait!

Hi Ken! :wave2:
Very interesting DIS name you've chosen. ;) Anyway, I'm quite honored to have your first DIS post be here on the live thread. And I would be happy to have you as a live reporter. You're dining schedule looks great, can't wait to hear all about your dining adventures. Thanks for volunteering! :thumbsup2

Ok, let's get started now on those 17 updates from yesterday, beginning with our First Update of the Day from Anne (scanne).

Her breakfast yesterday was again from the Wilderness Lodge's CL Lounge...

Old Faithful Club

Here is what she chose this time...

Looks like snap, crackle & pop Rice Krispies in her bowl, with a side of melon and a banana. :banana:

Anne said, "Heading to MK today...we have a FP+ reservation for Be our Guest at lunch...a trial from the WL. Looking forward to trying lunch there!"

So look for her update regarding that experience later today, I think it's about update #8. ;)

5 August Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

I will actually be at Disney World myself on the 5th through the 12th of December and am meeting up with several other DISers. I'm hoping to do a joint dining report following our trip here on the live thread. I've already talked to Brenda (emmysmommy) and Vicki (GoofySon'sMom) about my plan and they have agreed. Hoping to get a few others of our group to join in as well.

So anyway, how about if I put you down for reporting from Nov. 29 - Dec. 4th? And maybe I'll run into you on the 5th? ;)

That sounds fun, I'm in if you need another person! We will be at MK all day on the 5th, it's our traditional last night park.

Next we have a few more updates from DonaldDoleWhip, picking up where he left off on Sunday.

He said, "Later on Sunday, we returned to brunch at

"I had the smoked salmon omelet. It was pretty heavy but still had a good flavor."

"We also walked around Downtown Disney and I noticed this food truck."

"Cap'n Jack's is no more."

"A few hours later, we met up with Brenda and Emmy over at the Yacht Club's..."

Menu

"I had the pot-braised mussels and clams for my meal. The seafood was cooked well and had a great flavor from the fennel and parsley."

"It also came with toasted foccacia, which was perfect for dipping in the broth."

"My mom enjoyed the pan-seared chicken - it was cooked to her liking (crispy on the outside)."

Pan-seared Chicken with Roasted Carrot Puree, Green Onion, Glazed Radish, Artichokes, and Lemon-Thyme Butter

"After dinner, we met up with Vicki and Andrew - it was so nice meeting them! Even though the IllumiNations cruise couldn't happen, we still had a great time hanging out in Yacht Club's Ale & Compass Lounge."

"Brenda very kindly treated me to a drink - I chose the habañero lime margarita. It had a nice kick to it (more than La Cava's jalapeño margarita) without being overwhelming. Very good!"

11 August Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for signs, menu, and misc. pics

Oh I was just waiting for you to recruit more reporters for October!!! I would love to join! My family and I will be staying at the all-stars sport resort from October 28-November 2. And it includes a MNSSHP! Just let me know what to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter