Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

And speaking of the wonderful breakfast that is served at Kona, guess where Brenda's next update was from? ;)

She said, "We finally ate at Kona Café for my favorite breakfast! And no, we didn't camp out in the lobby, since we ate here last night!!!" ;)

"Menu photos:"

"Em departed from her usual Tonga Toast and had the blueberry pancakes."

"They had plenty of blueberries, although you can't tell from the photo which looks like a single blueberry tops the stack." ;)

"I, on the other hand, did not depart from my favorite selection..."

"Pancakes with the pineapple topping and macadamia nut butter served separate."

"I subbed a scrambled egg for breakfast meat."

"My breakfast was delicious, as always!"

"Condiments..."

"I'm looking forward to dining here in December." :thumbsup2

2 August Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Also having breakfast at the Polynesian yesterday were Chavaleh and her DH.

They picked up a couple of pastries from...

Captain Cook's

1 August Game Point Earned

For our next couple of updates, we are not only leaving the Polynesian resort but the Disney World resort.

Yesterday it was a nice surprise when nicole0992 sent me some great updates from her recent visit to Disneyland .

She said, "We went to Disneyland this week to see the Long Lost Characters and we did some eating! We didn't remember to take pics of breakfast and dinner. We were there from 8 am 'til 11 pm and the parks were mobbed. I did remember to snap our lunch and some snacks."

"First up is lunch from..."

"The sandwiches we chose were the hot angus roast beef, oven roasted turkey and the Caprese. They all came with house chips. These sandwiches are all pre-made in the case. They were all great but the best was the Caprese. The slices of mozzarella were so thick and the tomatoes so ripe."

Roast beef

Turkey

Caprese

3 August Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menus, and pic of DS

Next are nicole0992's snack updates from Disneyland.

She said, "Quick pretzel stop at the Coca-Cola refreshment Corner (similar to Casey's at WDW)."

"Kids chose Mickey pretzels and the yummy jalapeno and cheese stuffed pretzels."

"I have to share the great characters we saw. Unfortunately, it was crazy busy and one shot per family. These three groups are the only ones I managed to get on my phone. The others I'm waiting for photo pass to come in."

"Hercules and Meg. Hades was there but didn't come out for our set." :(

"The Pocahontas crew! My oldest daughter was in heaven. These were all the characters she grew up with."

"Tarzan! Lots and lots of ladies in this line!" ;)

"Here's another snack from The Gibson Girl ice cream parlor."

"They serve Dreyer's. My big complaint here is the cups they use are too small! My son had two scoops of chocolate with hot fudge. It was hot and melting fast. He couldn't eat the ice cream without it all oozing out the sides. Check out his solution! That's a 9 year old boy for you." ;)

"My daughter had a single scoop of mocha almond fudge."

"Before World of Color we stopped at the Cozy Cone Motel in Carsland for some pretzel bites served in a cone with cheese sauce. These are really good! We get them every visit. Sorry the pics are bad. It was dark and the lighting here wasn't great."

"The best part is the handy dandy cone can double as a hat after you eat the pretzel bites! My son keeps us all amused." :)

"Sorry that's it for the food pics. We had a great day and wanted to share with you!"

3 August Game Points Earned + 22 Bonus Points for signs, menus, and all the other great pics (Great job, nicole0992!) :thumbsup2

I would like to sign up to do Live Updates for our 20th Anniversary trip - Sept. 28 - Oct 6, 2013.

Now back to Disney World for the first update from a new reporter who arrived there yesterday, Gisele (autumnpalm).

She said, Our first meal was lunch at Tutto Gusto. It was pouring rain but we trekked over from the Beach Club and arrived soaking wet."

"I had the Fior de Latte Mozzarella and Pomodoro Panini."

"My fiance had the Gamberetti pasta."

"We shared the La Maiala plate."

"The rain cleared up while we were eating so we did a loop of the World Showcase, caught a bit of entertainment and grabbed an Avocado Margarita to share in Mexico at La Cava de Tequila."

4 August Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

I'm going to be out of town and away from the boards for the remainder of the day/evening. I have 5 more updates to post sent by our current live reporters yesterday. So to keep you occupied until I'm able to post them (which will probably not be until tomorrow morning), I am again going to ask you to play the matching game.

Our 5 remaining updates are from:

1) Liberty Tree Tavern
2) Be Our Guest
3) Mama Melrose
4) Yachtsman Steakhouse
5) Via Napoli

These were sent to us by:

1) Mary7116
2) autumnpalm
3) emmysmommy
4) Chavaleh

So one of the above listed reporters sent us two of the updates.

For one August Game Point for each correct answer, match the reporter to their updates. ;)

Bye for now! :wave2:

Here are my guesses:

autumnpalm - Via Napoli
Chavaleh - Yachtsman
Mary7116 - Mama Melrose
emmysmommy - Be Our Guest & Liberty Tree Tavern

I'm going to be out of town and away from the boards for the remainder of the day/evening. I have 5 more updates to post sent by our current live reporters yesterday. So to keep you occupied until I'm able to post them (which will probably not be until tomorrow morning), I am again going to ask you to play the matching game.

1) Liberty Tree Tavern
2) Be Our Guest
3) Mama Melrose
4) Yachtsman Steakhouse
5) Via Napoli

1) Mary7116
2) autumnpalm
3) emmysmommy
4) Chavaleh

For one August Game Point for each correct answer, match the reporter to their updates. ;)

I'm gonna say:
Mary7116-Mama Melrose
Autumnpalm- Yachtsman Steakhouse
Chavaleh - Be Our Guest and Liberty Tree Tavern
Emmysmommy - Via Napoli

If I got any right can I have October points though? August won't do much for me :rotfl2:

I'm in!

1) Mary7116 - Liberty Tree Tavern
2) autumnpalm - Be Our Guest
3) emmysmommy - Via Napoli and Yachtsman
4) Chavaleh - Mama Melrose

:dance3:

1) Liberty Tree Tavern - mary7116
2) Be Our Guest - emmysmommy
3) Mama Melrose - autumnpalm
4) Yachtsman Steakhouse - emmysmommy
5) Via Napoli - chavelah

Hi Everyone, I am excited to be a reporter. I am David, and my wife, Colleen, and I will be reporting from 8/30-9/5. We decided to go just a few months ago, so we are doing a split stay - 2 nights at Old Key West, 1 night at Wilderness Lodge Villas (first time staying there), and 3 nights at the Boardwalk Villas. We have always wanted to do a restaurant report, but never got around to it when we got back home.

We currently have ADR's for San Angel Inn (first time), Brown Derby, Artist Point, Via Napoli (first time), Shula's (our favorite restaurant at WDW), Kouzzina (first time), Biergarten, and Monsieur Paul (first time). We usually have cocktails before dinner, so we are going to check out lots of lounges and bars also..

1) Liberty Tree Tavern
2) Be Our Guest
3) Mama Melrose
4) Yachtsman Steakhouse
5) Via Napoli

1) Mary7116
2) autumnpalm
3) emmysmommy
4) Chavaleh

I'm gonna say

1) Liberty Tree- emmysmommy
2) Be Our Guest- Mary7166
3) Mama Melrose- autumnpalm
4) Yachtsmans Steakhouse- chavaleh
5) Via Napoli- emmysmommy

1) Liberty Tree Tavern
2) Be Our Guest
3) Mama Melrose
4) Yachtsman Steakhouse
5) Via Napoli

1) Mary7116
2) autumnpalm
3) emmysmommy
4) Chavaleh

:

Mary7116--Mama Melrose
Autumnpalm--BOG& Via Napoli
Emmysmommy--LTT
Chavaleh--Yachtsman

Now back to Disney World for the first update from a new reporter who arrived there yesterday, Gisele (autumnpalm).

"The rain cleared up while we were eating so we did a loop of the World Showcase, caught a bit of entertainment and grabbed an Avocado Margarita to share in Mexico at La Cava de Tequila."[/COLOR]

I am soooo confused! I thought a previous report from just a few days ago said no more avocado margaritas? I was looking forward to trying one. Are they a go or a no go??

I am soooo confused! I thought a previous report from just a few days ago said no more avocado margaritas? I was looking forward to trying one. Are they a go or a no go??

It was discovered they are still available at La Cava de Tequila and you can get one at San Angel but not at La Hacienda de San Angel.

It was discovered they are still available at La Cava de Tequila and you can get one at San Angel but not at La Hacienda de San Angel.

Thank you for the clarification! :thumbsup2 So odd that they would do this but hey, it's Disney....ours is not to question why! :lmao: Next thing you know they'll decide you can only get Pina Colavas at a Poly location and Grey Goose Slushies only in France.

Here are my guesses:

1) Liberty Tree Tavern - emmysmommy
2) Be Our Guest - emmysmommy
3) Mama Melrose - Chavaleh
4) Yachtsman Steakhouse - Mary7116
5) Via Napoli - autumnpalm

Talk to you in a couple of days...from Disneyland!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter