Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Next is an update from Dreamport's dinner last night back at the ASMu resort's...

Intermission Food Court

Where she and Kit shared a cheeseburger...

"The chef was kind enough to fold the cheese in half since I don't like cheese. We obviously didn't eat enough yesterday because we devoured this meal. Average Disney burger and fries taste."

3 September Game Points Earned

And then Dreamport had a couple of updates from DHS, starting with their breakfast this morning at DHS'...

"Kit was starving and wanted to devour her cinnamon roll."

"But switched her mind when she saw the cheese danish."

"Supremely delicious and cheesy. The filling was perfectly whipped and creamy. I had a bite too and found the crust wonderfully flaky and moist."

"I longed for my strawberry tart from France and found this parfait to be the perfect substitute!"

"The jelly at the bottom tastes like they crushed real strawberries instead of using a box mix. The pudding was a creamy vanilla and the whip cream just right! The Coke is for my caffeine addiction." ;)

"Then from the stand outside Indy Jones...

Funnel cake & Barq's root beer

"Warm, powdery and not a good thing to down quickly before making a Kessel Run on Star Tours." ;)

2 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for signs and pic of Kit

Everyone always raves about the Ger's bread and butter pudding. I don't think I would like it because I don't like raisins.

Next in today were several updates from want2bminnie, starting with one from her dinner at Magic Kingdom's...

Here's what they had...

"The rolls were warm. We really liked them."

"Caesar salad"

"Mushroom ravioli. This was very rich and I couldn't eat it all."

And for dessert...

"Pumpkin cheesecake. Very good."

"Pistachio creme brulee. I liked it, it was very light."

5 September Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

Next want2bminnie sent a series of updates, mostly from Epcot's World Showcase.

First was from China's...

Joy of Tea

"The friendly cast members at Joy of Tea."

"My favorite drink at The Joy of Tea, the Cantaloopy."

"Next stop, Mexico's...

La Cava de Tequila

...for a blood orange margarita. It was good but super sweet. It would be hard to drink more than one."

"Our waiter Eriberto."

"Then on to Italy's wine cellar...

"Mozzarella"

"Cannelloni. Probably my favorite thing I've eaten so far. It was delicious."

"And a bottle of wine...

"My friend had the Italian margarita...

Italian Margarita - Patron Silver, Caravella Limoncello, fresh lime juice.

And then last a snack update from back at Pop Century's...

Everything Pop

"Carrot cake. It was ok, the icing was a little stiff."

6 September Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc. pics

Then we received Eric's (VikingInMouseEars) update from their lunch today at Magic Kingdom's...

Here's what they had...

"Anchors Aweigh, tuna sandwich."

"Lobster roll."

"Peach cobbler."

"Strawberry yogurt."

2 September Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign/menu pic

Next we heard from a new reporter who arrived at Disney World today, Lori (vettegirl).

She said, "Just arrived today at the Beach Club, staying club level. The offerings in the lounge are nice. Chicken skewers, egg rolls, veggies, stuffed olives, cheese and crackers. This place has exceeded my expectations."

Spring rolls and chicken skewers

Ceviche and pbj sandwiches

"Five wines to choose from and four different beers."

5 September Game Points Earned

I cannot wait to get back to the World....3 weeks from Saturday!!! :) As I'm reading posts it occurred to me that yet again we won't be enjoying the wonderful restaurants at Epcot because it will be F&W and there is no way we can do both!!!! Maybe we'll go a second day just to eat "normal" Epcot food! :rotfl2:

I hope that is a vanilla sauce on Eric's peach cobbler!! :lmao:

Lori's CL choices bring back great memories. Especially the PB&J!!! I'm like 5! :)

Then we have Eric's (VikingInMouseEars) update from their dinner tonight at the Polynesian's...

"In the 7 or 8 years we have been coming to WDW there is only one CM that we see every time, and it's this guy."

"Didn't bother asking his name, he always seems kind of grouchy."

"I decided on an adult beverage, so I had a Pimm's Punch...

Pimm’s Punch – Pimm’s No. 1 liqueur, Hendrick’s gin, Odwalla lemonade and wild strawberry

"It was very good and not too sweet."

Salad

Dipping sauces

"Wings and potstickers. After this my hands were sticky, so no more pictures. Everything was great, as always."

2 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign and misc. pics

And speaking of...

'OHANA

...the seasidespences had breakfast there on Monday.

"I must be very complimentary of the character interaction here...they really took their time with each child! The food was good and plentiful and you'll notice I had my own bowl of everything to account for my egg yolk allergy. I appreciated the chef coming out to talk to me about my allergy and I can see how that would be reassuring to anyone with multiple or severe allergies."

3 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for pics of kids with character

It's that time again folks...time for me to call it a night. ;)

But be sure to check back tomorrow for updates from Cinderella's Royal Table, Sunshine Tree Terrace, Goofy's Candy Co., and Raglan Road.

Good night! :wave2:

Hey Barb
Jim and Lee Ann checking in for our October reporting. We are in WDW from Oct. 19th to the 28th staying at OKW. We will meet our friend Jill (Jedijill) for a portion of the trip and then she'll wander off on a cruise for 4 days and then join up again for 4 more days. Lee Ann and I are celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary and Jill will be celebrating her 29th birthday (not really, it's a big birthday though).
19th-Dinner at Rose and Crown Pub
20th-Our Anniversary
BOG for lunch
Dinner at Narcoossee's
21st-Breakfast at Kona
Lunch late at Rose and Crown
Snack at F&W Festival
22nd-Breakfast at Rain Forest Cafe (AK)
Dinner at Yak and Yeti
23rd-Dinner at BOG
24th-Breakfast at The Wave
MNSSHP
25th-Jill's 29th Birthday celebration
Breakfast at Kouzzina
High Tea at the Grand Floridian
Dinner at California Grill
26th-Breakfast at Olivia's
Dinner at Artist Point
27th-House of Blues Gospel Brunch
The Discovery of Chocolate demo with Julian Rose
Dinner at Tokyo Dining
28th-Breakfast at Boma
Head on home.

We are excited and getting ready, Lee Ann is packed even though we aren't leaving for about 4 weeks. As always, she will correct any misinformation I might've given. Thank you Barb for keeping this going. Jim H

I don't comment much, but I read this thread several times a day! :thumbsup2

That pumpkin cheesecake from Tony's looks so good! Or maybe that's just my stomach saying I need to get off the computer and go eat breakfast...

Hello! We will be in Disneyland from Oct 14-16. We are actually leaving Southern Indiana and driving to my brother's house about 30 minutes north of LA on Oct 8. We will leave for the return drive home on Oct. 18, so in total we will be gone almost 2 weeks. It will be myself, my hubby and our sons ages 12 & 15. My brother, his wife and their son age 4 will be at DL with us.

The only firm food plans that we have are Big Thunder Ranch, Carthay Circle both for dinner and drinks/snacks at Trader Sam's.

We have been to Disney World many times, but this is our first Disneyland trip, so even though it is a short trip we are super excited!:cheer2:

Let's begin today with our three remaining updates from yesterday, starting with a two-part Magic Kingdom update from the seasidespences.

Sunshine Tree Terrace

"We had a rainy day on Monday...I really wanted to try a dole whip from Aloha Isle and a waffle from Sleepy Hollow but I settled for a Citrus Swirl and DD had a choc/vanilla in a cone (no pic)."

"OMGoodness...I had no idea that the citrus swirl would be so good...I could've had two more of those things!"

"Then dinner was at...

"This was very exiting for DD! Don't get me wrong, the rest of us were excited to eat in the castle but DH and I had already put ourselves in the mindset that this meal wouldn't be as tasty as some of our previous ones...this meal was all about the location!"

The menu...

Here is what they had...

"For apps the kids had the cheese and grapes,

while DH had the cheese tasting...

... and I had the shrimp/crawfish and grits."

Crawfish and Rock Shrimp with Grits - Crawfish and Rock Shrimp in a New Orleans-style Barbecue Sauce with Goat Cheese Grits

"For entrees DS had the chicken nuggets,

"DD had the grilled beef...

... and DH and I both had the tenderloin."

Beef Tenderloin served with Garlic Scalloped Potatoes, Asparagus, and Tomato Butter

"For desserts we had the trio of cones,

the Clock strikes 12 dessert...

White and Dark Chocolate in a tribute to the moment when Cinderella loses her slipper

... and the seasonal sampler."

"Again, everything was good but I doubt we'd return now that we've experienced eating in the castle."

4 September Game Points Earned + 8 Bonus Points for name, menu, pic of kids with Jasmine, and misc. pics

Still counting down to our departure on Sat. Thought I would post where we plan to eat while there.

Via Napoli
SciFi Dine In
50's Prime Time Cafe
Liberty Tree Tavern
Rose & Crown
La Hacienda de San Angel
Portobello
Raglan Road
Kona Cafe
Chefs de France
Rainforest Cafe
Yachtsmen
Biergarten
and lots of F&W stops

The wait is killing me!!!!

Next in last night was Eric's (VikingInMouseEars) snack update from Downtown Disney's...

Eric said, "We always stop here. We picked up a couple of the Create your own Treats."

"They are huge and we will be taking at least part of them home."

1 September Game Point Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign and misc. pics

Also at Downtown Disney yesterday were the seasidespences, and they sent us an update from their lunch at...

"We started with the bread service."

"The Guinness reduction dipping sauce was surprisingly good."

"For our app, DH and I shared the calamari."

"For entrees the kids had the Silly Steak...

.. and the fried shrimp."

"While DH had the burger...

...and I had the chicken and prosciutto sandwich."

"These were good! Just right for lunch! However...after we were done with our entrees we were ready to get on the road so...once again, we skipped dessert." :(

2 September Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Points for name pic

MRYPPNS popped in this morning for our First Update of the Day, this from the Saratoga Springs Resort's...

Artist's Palette

Caprese Flatbread

She said, "The flatbread was much different than I've had at other Disney locations and not in a good way. It didn't taste bad but it wasn't much for the $10+."

3 September Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter