Compare Atlantis to Splash Mountain

Personally I liked Atlantis, and I was 10 when I last rode it. But I have to admit, the drop on Atlantis seems like twice the height as Splash Mountain's. I'd go on Splash Mountain over Atlantis anyday.

We rode it twice a few years ago--and got drenched both times. I'd say that on Splash Mt. you get wet--on Atlantis you get soaked. Christine describes it perfectly!!
Didn't find the ride too scary or too high a drop-and I'm one who's not fond of thrill rides to begin with.
If you are at Seaworld, I'd say you need to try Atlantis!!!

If you do go on it, don't sit in the front. Wear a poncho and sit in the back. The ride is fun....if you like drops. It is scarier than SM....but you get some nice views around Sea World. The adults in our group rode it about 10 times in a row right before closing, when the lines were very short. I loved it, but I wouldn't take little kids on it. The views at night are really cool.

Tink3rb3ll said:
Personally I liked Atlantis, and I was 10 when I last rode it. But I have to admit, the drop on Atlantis seems like twice the height as Splash Mountain's. I'd go on Splash Mountain over Atlantis anyday.

I Totally Agree

We have gotten super wet on Splash but once got S O A K E D on Atlantis. Mind you the boat was full of adults except for my Dh anDS in the very front. Where we got soaked is after the surprise roller coaster part into the water. It was like our boat took a nose dive and a huge wave went right over the front of the boat into the first two rows. We were actually saturated. We all bought new clothes. Just weren't prepared to get that wet. I've ridden it before and since that ride and never had the same soaking experience. Perhaps were really on the Journey of the Titanic????

IMHO Atlantis is not nearly as smooth as Splash. I think it's quite frightful too. My dd's loved it though. I prefer Splash.

I have done JTA a couple of times but insisted in sitting at the back and we definately didn't get as wet as those in the front. :goodvibes

spsneman said:
Can anyone tell me how JTA compares to Dudley Dooright Ripsaw Falls log ride at Islands of Adventure?
JTA's drop is not as tall or as steep as Ripsaw Falls. However, you get very wet on both of those.

JTA's drop: 65', 45 degree angle. Mild rollercoaster with banked curves at the end.

Ripsaw drop: 75', 45-60 degree angle. The angle increases so it feels like you're going to fall out.

JP River Adventure drop: 85', 50 degree angle

Splash Mountain drop: 50', 45 degree angle

I have done JTA and Splash Mountain and both weren't too bad, how does Jurassic Park compare with these as DH would like to do this but I am not too sure, I don't think for one minute I will do Ripsaw Falls. :scared1:

*points to above post*

The JP drop is over in 3 seconds, and it's in the dark, so you don't always realize you're dropping until it's too late. But it's fun!

NO question about it- Splash Mountain. The theming is really enjoyable so you aren't paying that much attention to the drops, also the ride is longer. You don't get as wet, but then again I like a water ride that doesnt soak you completely.

:earsboy:

Journey to Atlantis and Splash are both fun but neither compares to Jurassic Park or Rip saw. I think they are both very mild in comparison. :umbrella:

jpeppers said:
Journey to Atlantis and Splash are both fun but neither compares to Jurassic Park or Rip saw. I think they are both very mild in comparison. :umbrella:

Maybe I will give Jurassic Park a miss then I don't mind getting wet but I don't think I need any steeper drops. :scared:

JP's drop really doesn't feel that steep. It actually used to feel more intense than it currently does, I don't know why. Maybe because they changed the lap bars. Ripsaw is the one with the really intense drop. JtA and Splash are both pretty tame, except for the fact that JtA's drop is really rough. They still need to change the track.

Make sure you sit right back on Ripsaw Falls. I didn't realise it but I must have been bent over a bit because I was sitting in the front and as I went down my neck bent right back. My DS14 was shocked at how back it went. It wasn't a very nice feeling but fortunately I have not had any problems with it.

I like all of these water rides. They are some of my favorite things to do when I go on vacation. I never miss any of them. I think that SM is the best all around water ride. I like Ripshaw Falls because I like how intense the drop is. I think that JtA is a really good ride and the drops to me are a little more fun than SM. Lastly, JP is my least favorite because I always hit the lap bar pretty hard at the bottom of the big drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter