compare Everest to Thunder Mountain??

I've done Everest only once, BTMRR several times, and have never done Space Mountain.

Same here. We LOVE BTMRR and ride it several times on our trips (when it's not closed for a refurb, which seems to happen a lot). We rode Everest ONCE, and that was enough for us. I think it's much more intense. DD18 said I screamed thru most of it (which I didn't realize I was doing) and I felt quite dizzy when we got off. I can't get DD18 to ride it again, which is fine my me. When we were in line to ride it, they had a "code V" clean-up (vomit). I'm glad we tried it once but I have no desire to ride it ever again.

Everest is a great coaster but is not for young kids unless they are the adventurous type that aren't scared easily. On a scale of 1 to 10 for coaster intensity I'd put Everest at a 6. Thunder at 4, Space 5, Rock'n 7, 7DMT 2. Coasters 8-10 would be at parks such as Six Flags or Islands of Adventure. In other words, Everest is tame for intense coaster fans but could be considered too much for those that want a family friendly everyone enjoys type ride.

I'm pretty wimpy when it comes to roller coasters and thrill rides in general. It took a lot for me to get up the courage to ride EE. I finally did it and it was probably my favorite roller coaster ever. It was so much fun and not nearly as scary as I thought it would be. More intense than BTM but very smooth. My DD11 and DD8 loved it too!

EE is much more intense than any of the MK coasters. I love love love BTMR and Space, and ride them many times each trip. Everest I've done maybe two or three times total and that's good for me. Everest is probably more smooth than any of the others, though. Part of it, is that I don't like heights, and on Everest it's impossible not to see how high up you are.

Everest is running right now. Big Thunder is not. And, no I'm not bitter about that for our trip next week. Not in the least.

My son, who is now 8, rode BTMRR for the first time 2 years ago and absolutely loved it. He is usually not a fan of roller coasters at all. He rode Everest for the first time a few weeks back and he was terrified and hated it. So from his perspective, BTMRR is a much calmer and less scary ride.

For me, I would have to say that Everest is definitely the more intense of the two.

I'm loving this thread. It's building my courage to ride EE next time.

My DS6 took me on 7DMT last time and I enjoyed it. Then, we went on BTMRR and I enjoyed it. Next, I'm hoping to get enough courage to go on EE. I'm really growing up in front of my son's eyes!

I watch the Youtube videos so that there are no surprises and I can anticipate what's coming up. That's not for everyone but it helps me prepare. EE is a bit different because it's dark at times and hard to see on video. Of course, SM and R'n'R are nearly impossible to visualize.

Being someone who is a roller coaster 'baby,' I won't do anything at Great America rollercoaster wise. I even skipped out on EE for years before manning up and giving it a try.

I won't do Aerosmith or Tower of Tower, but I love EE with a passion. My fav ride. The first time you ride it you're a bit apprehensive by that big drop but since it banks, its not really that bad.

The backwards part isn't bad either. Its a different sensation since you're actually going uphill but its fun. Just focus on the bit of light you can see coming in and that will help you with your bearings.

If they're ok with Space Mountain I think Everest should be fine. It does go backwards though, and that can be very intense. It's significantly for intense than BTMRR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter