comparing spas at deluxe or moderates

katypop

DIS Veteran
hi,
i am planning on having my first ever "spa day" on my upcoming trip. i am staying at akl and csr , both of which have spa treatments, i am interested in a massage and facial, and am wondering if prices and services would be the same at both resorts or if akl would be pricier because it is a deluxe resort? any
one know? anyone prefer one place to the other?

thanks
:D
katypop

I have not used either of the "spas" at AKL or CRS and someone please correct me if I am wrong but I do not think either of these resorts have a total spa facility. I think that they do offer some treatments but do not have a full facility like Disney Institute Spa or the Grand Floridian Spa.I have been to both of these and they are full fledged spas. For me, if I was planning a "spa day" I would prefer to spend it at one of these because it would be a much more luxurious experience. I personally prefer the Disney Institute and their prices are a bit less than the Grand Floridian. Hope this helps a bit.

That was my understanding as well, they are not "full spas", but I could also be wrong.

I haven't tried the DI, but I have had many massages and a few facials at the GF Spa, and have always been pleased. I also get a manicure and pedicure at least once on every trip, always request TC when I book, she's the BEST!

I do know at least for the massages that the prices are the same at the GF Spa and the YC, both are run by the same company.

Anne

You are correct. A limited number of spa services are available at the hotels, but full spas are at DI and GF. Have to say their facials and massages are wonderful.

thank you:D i have a ps for afternoon tea at the GF so maybe i should try to book a couple treatments at the GF spa for that morning. it is the 1st time i'll have an AP and i think i read somewhere that there is a discount of 10% if you book ahead.

thanks again
:D
katypop

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter