Comparing Thanksgiving crowds to Spring Break

Diszona

DIS Veteran
I asked this in another thread but it was an older thread and I think the question got buried so I thought I would ask again. We are thinking of going the week of Thanksgiving (W-Sun) as well. I know it will be busy, but some people have a different definition of busy depending on when they usually go to the parks. For those who have been how do the crowds compare to the early spring break crowds? We usually go around the second week of March, which last year was more crowded than normal How does Thanksgiving compare to spring break?

It's about on-par with spring break, at least earlier in the week (We usually go Sunday-Wednesday, then go home for Thanksgiving). This year we're going later in the week due to when we could get time off work (Wednesday-Friday). I've been told it's not as bad as Christmas, but it's still pretty crowded. The second week of March is typically a little less crowded, so I would imagine it's going to be more crowded than your spring break experience, but not by much.

We have done the week of Thanksgiving several times-however, it has been a few years, so keep that in mind. Busy, yes, Christmas busy, no. The later in the week the less the crowds. We have felt the weekend after Thanksgiving to be like any weekend in October with Halloween crowds, not terrible. There will be crowds, have some sort of game plan, and then be prepared to go to plan B or C if the crowds swell too much. Have a magical time.

I've been during both times, and I seem the remember the crowds being about the same. Maybe a bit worse during Thanksgiving week.

In terms of crowds, which would be worse? The Sum to Wed before Thanksgiving or the week/weekend (Wed to Sat) that (likely) encompasses Candlelight Processional?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter