• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Complaints About Housekeeping

We've never had a towel animal never missed not having one. I do however enjoy coming home to find the kids toys sat in interesting places.:thumbsup2

We also experienced some bad houskeeping when we stayed at The Caribbean Beach Resort. The day we checked in there was garbage underbed(empty bags of pretzels , napkins, snacks). Guess that housekeeping doesn't look under there. The fridge (which was brought) was also gross! Carpeting looked musty, dirty, smelly odor in the room, which was also filled with mosquitoes! Overall our experience at this moderate wasn't so great...therefore we don't prefer to visit moderates any more! I'm not so sure if it just happened to us or anyone else staying at CBR. We just got an "icky" feel in the room.:eek:

I had a real mousekeeping complaint. I stayed at Pop last October and mousekeeping left my door open with the security latch:eek: . My friends were in the adjoining room so if anyone had come in, they could have gone in their room as well! I was very unhappy. I mentioned it to them while I was there and they acted as if it was not a big deal. They did not even apologize. I was not pleased and left no tip for mousekeeping.

I have never (in all of my trips) ever had a towel animal. :sad1: It did not make or break my trip though! :wizard:

Most of the complaints I've read are about Mousekeepers who don't clean promptly or thoroughly. These are real issues. There are relatively few posts about people feeling dissatisfied with Mousekeepers just because they didn't provide towel animals.

That being said, I do think it's very easy for the Mousekeepers to provide the towel animals. For example, when we check into our rooms, there is usually a towel animal there. The Mousekeeper might move it around the room, but it stays the same animal. And then when we check out, I'm sure it's there waiting to greet the next guests. So I would never excuse sloppy room cleaning on the basis that the staff's time is tied up in making washcloth animals.

Cheers!
Heather W

:) Sometimes we get them ,sometimes we don't ! We appreciate it when we do but don't miss them when we don't ! I thought the towel animals were already made and then just placed in the room. I've seen them on the housekeeping carts.:)

No complaints about housekeeping from me. We stayed at the WL in March. I had my teenage dd and her friend with us who both slept in and then forgot to take the do not disturb sign off the door when they left the room at noon. When I got back at 2:00, I had a message from housekeeping on my phone asking us to call when they could come clean. I called, explained what happened and apologized and told them DH and I were going downstairs to eat and they should come when it was convenient for them.

We were gone for about 15 minutes and then were decided to get our books from the room to read on one of the balconies. When we entered our room, it was perfectly cleaned, everything was spotless, and we had two towel animals which I totally wasn't expecting due to our teenagers' laziness. :lmao: Housekeeping was great and got a big tip.

I think the towel animals are a nice little touch but I definitely don't expect them nor would I have a hissy fit if we didn't get them.

I hope people realize that any towel animals they recieve were created and PAID for my the Mousekeeper. They actually have to buy all of their own supplies and washclothes for these. I would hate for people to expect someone to do something with their money. You never know what their living situation at home is like and if they can afford to create towel animals!

Are you sure? I've seen multiple posts indicating that, when asked, the Mousekeepers tell the Guests to take the towel creations. Also recently, somebody posted that the towels used for these have been taken out of circulation (e.g. maybe a towel is wearing a little thin, or even has a small tear),

At any rate, I went searching for towel origami and the first site I found was - Carnival now SELLS them! Choice of six animals, $7.50 each!

And a general question, here...

I know I'm an unsophisticated guy from Oklahoma, but what's the big deal about turndown service? It takes all of 10, 15 seconds to turn down your own bed, why do you want some stranger to make a special trip into your room to pull down some covers?

Am I missing something here? Mind you, I have never experienced turndown service so maybe I don't know what the thrill is.

Please educate me; I may want to insist on it when I check in next time...

I'd like to know, too...I've never stayed anywhere that provided turndown service either, so maybe I'm just missing something??? :confused3

That is why you are allowed to take the animals. If Disney was paying for them, don't worry, you definetly would not be taking them home. Think about it, 1 towel, each day, each room, even at a little cost per towel, that would be A LOT of towels and add up to A LOT of money. Also, if Disney was paying for them, it would be a bigger deal if you didn't get them. And about them being out of circulation towels, definetly not true, if you have ever gotten a towel animal, you can tell that they are really new towels. Most of them have never been washed as a starchy towel is easier to fold. It does look like most of them are pre-made because the Mousekeepers make them at home. Some go all out with stickers and pipe cleaners and some just make the common ones. I am sure that Textile services provides an ordering service to get towels at a discounted rate but yes, the Mousekeeper does pay for them all. They even have a yearly contest for the Best Towel Creation.

I'd like to know, too...I've never stayed anywhere that provided turndown service either, so maybe I'm just missing something??? :confused3

They basically get your room ready for bedtime.
In the evening housekeeping comes in refreshes the towels if needed, empties the trash and folds down the blanket and the sheet placing a chocolate on the pillow. They also close the drapes, turn on the tv to soft music, lay out a robe on the bed and give you a note with the next day's weather forecast.

The level of service depends on your housekeeper. I find it a nice extra touch since we are often hanging out in the room in the late afternoon after the regular housekeeping has done their job. I enjoy having the room refreshed again before bed.

They basically get your room ready for bedtime.
In the evening housekeeping comes in refreshes the towels if needed, empties the trash and folds down the blanket and the sheet placing a chocolate on the pillow. They also close the drapes, turn on the tv to soft music, lay out a robe on the bed and give you a note with the next day's weather forecast.

The level of service depends on your housekeeper. I find it a nice extra touch since we are often hanging out in the room in the late afternoon after the regular housekeeping has done their job. I enjoy having the room refreshed again before bed.

That does sound pretty neat. And who wouldn't want a piece of chocolate on their pillow?!?!?!!!! :laughing:

Thanks for the reply! :)

I'd prefer having a clean room over the absolute necessity of "towel animals".... Sure they're cute and all but if I don't get one, I'm not gonna complain about "housekeeping SUCKS" or other nonsense, especially when I come back and the room's clean. If it's dirty, then I have a right to complain. But people need to take a chill pill in regards to the towel animals. It's not that big a deal. If it was, then MAKE THE BLOODY THINGS YOURSELF! :mad:

Just come back from 6 days at the Swan. No towel animals but very clean room and cleaned at our request whilst we were at the parks in the am so we could come back to rest in the pm.
Housekeeper was very friendly and obliging.

We have only stayed at POP but never had a problem. We went with 5 kids (2 connecting rooms). Mousekeeping easily figured out which room was the "kids room" and always left towel animals, some days just one, some days several. I also tipped them well (5 kids = mess, as I am sure you can imagine). We didn't expect the towels each day, but it was a nice suprise. The room was always clean.

I don't care about the towel animals, but I do expect a clean room.

We spent one night at Sports and will never stay there again, as the room was dirty. There was hair on the walls in the bathroom, a huge stain on the chair and carpeting was soaking wet. :sad1:

Also, the food court was dirty (our shoes were actually sticking to the floor). I'm still waiting for a response from guest services.

We stayed 5 nights at ASMU and it was ispotless! Housekeeping was wonderful at this resort.:thumbsup2

I agree. Furthermore, what can we expect when Disney management took the initiative to outsource the housekeeping staff.

Disney does not outsource the housekeeping. The outsource the maintenence, carpet shampooing, painting, etc. but housekeepers are still Disney employees. I am a Campus Rep for the college program and it very much still a role choice.

I can't comment on who pays for the towel animals. I honestly don't know.

But it was my understanding (perhaps incorrectly) that the towel animals are made prior to the cleaning times and not 'within' in each room as the cleaners go along.

As such, it shouldn't really impact the quality of the cleaning.

Knox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter