Complete Lap Of World Showcase?

OLT2004

DIS Veteran
I am curious what the walking distance of a complete lap of World Showcase is....Mexico to Canada???

Thanks!
:moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped:

According to Birinbaum's guide "World Showcase Lagoon - a body of water that is about the size of 85 football fields - hasa perimeter of 1.2 miles." :faint:

For just a straight walk around -- not going into any of the pavilion courtyards, not crossing the bridge in Italy onto the Isola, not going down onto the little "island" in front of France -- it's a mile and a third. If you do all the little side areas as well, it's about a mile and two thirds.

:earsboy:

That depends on the time of day. If you go late in the day after a full day of walking, I believe it is closer to 27.3 miles or about a kajullion kilometers. Wear comfortable shoes!

:crazy: :faint: :rolleyes1 :yawn: :mickeybar

Originally posted by goofyernmost
That depends on the time of day. If you go late in the day after a full day of walking, I believe it is closer to 27.3 miles or about a kajullion kilometers. Wear comfortable shoes!

:crazy: :faint: :rolleyes1 :yawn: :mickeybar

:teeth:

1.2 or 1.3 sounds about right. I suppose the 'perimeter' means the body of water itself, and not the concrete walkway that surrounds it. Either way, it's a hike.

Len

Hmmmm...so how come I can walk at least double that in about 30 minutes at home, but after I spend a half day or so at Epcot I'm about shot:confused:

Originally posted by Micca
Hmmmm...so how come I can walk at least double that in about 30 minutes at home, but after I spend a half day or so at Epcot I'm about shot:confused:
Because you're not just walking at Epcot. You're walking, standing, shopping, standing, walking, wandering, standing .... you get the picture. It's not really how much you're walking that tires you out, it's how long you're on your feet!

:earsboy:

Yes, it's an exhausting walk, but what a fun way to get exhausted! :cool:

If I could walk around WS every day, I'd have no trouble at all getting my cardio in - beats the heck out of the treadmill! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter