Complete newbie to Rundisney. Princess or Star Wars?

NONE of the races require qualifying times.

For corralling purposes, to divide people up to start, so it's not one big mess all starting at once you put in times.

For the 5k & 10k when you register you put an estimated pace. Like 11-12 min/mile, it's a drop down box you select from.

For the half of full marathon you put an estimated finish time, from a drop down box. But... If you put an estimated finish of 2:45 or less for a half or 5:30 or less for a full you have to put another race in as Proof of Time, this is the only time you need another race.

Okay awesome!

If you're big Star Wars fans I would personally do the Dark Side. But that's coming from a male perspective - I was in Orlando last week so I stopped by the princess expo, and it was very female focused. I did the Light Side race in California in January and as a huge Star Wars fan it really energizes you to see the characters and theming.

Either way all of them are great events, and you probably can't go wrong. There definitely were men running the princess, and there's a great energy at all the events I've done.

Before I ever did my Couch 2 5k plan I started walking regularly and made sure I could walk a whole 5k distance in my neighborhood. I know that a lot of people would say that was overkill but it gave me confidence. Once I did that I was no longer as intimidated by run/walk plans. And now I run races straight (well, save for walking water stations and up some hills, etc)
So I'd say start walking now and then add in C25k when you are ready. :)

PS You can run a Star Wars race and dress as Princess Leia...then you technically are running a princess race

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter