Completion of SSR

tubtruck

Tubtastic
Does anyone know how long it will be before SSR is totally completed and what is the estimated date for all the points to be sold by?, is it anticipated that AKV will be sold along side SSR for a period of time?

Everyone says "Summer 07" so look like just a few more months. Looks like there will be a little overlap between SSR and AKLV.

Last I heard, the Grandstand was set to open this Spring (March-May). That's the last section. My Guide expected they'd sell out of points by Fall (September?).

Does anyone have recent pictures of the Grandstand area? It was a shell when we were last there.

Does anyone have recent pictures of the Grandstand area? It was a shell when we were last there.

Check the SSR Lover's thread. Someone recently took pictures of the new Grandstand pool at night. It looks complete to me. The buildings aren't open for occupancy yet though. March/April I think was the target date for the first building to open.

Is ssr being renovated? would you suggest staying somewhere else.
the mackey family

If you're going New Year's Eve, YES! :lmao:

Seriously, the place is 90% complete. They're just finishing up the last section (4 buildings called the Grandstand area). The other 4 sections are open for business.

Check the SSR Lover's thread. Someone recently took pictures of the new Grandstand pool at night. It looks complete to me. The buildings aren't open for occupancy yet though. March/April I think was the target date for the first building to open.

Thanks for the info...I'll look it up. Admittedly I haven't been on the DVC boards for awhile, trying to stay away from the temptation of adding on via AKL Villas!!

I think SSR will sell into 2008 now that there is a competing resort.

Do I have any evidence, nope but I believe we will see this.

Time will tell.

Last I heard they were selling points in the 14th building out of 18. Given that it has taken 3 1/2 years to sell points in 14 buildings, I think it's a long shot to sell the remaining 4 buildings before the end of the year--particularly with competition from AKV.

Its sales pace is still well ahead of original projections which called for 12 buildings to be sold over 6-8 years.

The final 4 buildings are scheduled to open at a pace of one every 1-2 months. Best case they could all be open by early summer, but it could easily stretch out to late summer / early fall.

I think SSR will sell into 2008 now that there is a competing resort.

Do I have any evidence, nope but I believe we will see this.

Time will tell.

After looking at the AKV points chart, I agree that having a competing resort will slow down SSR sales. This is not meant to be SSR bashing, but my complaint with SSR has always been that the point rate at SSR is too high for the location and/amenities.

And AKV seem to be very reasonably priced. For example, what is supposed to be a savannah view Grand Villa at AKV is only 14 points per week more than one at SSR in Value, Choice or Dream Season, 16 points more in Magic Season and 21 points more in Premier Season.

Plus, if you ever thought you might want to stay at AKV in Value, Standard or Club rooms, the smart choice might be to buy AKV even if you LOOOOOVED SSR. The only downside would be the ever increasing MF at AKV from feeding and caring for all those hungry animals (including those using the conceirge lounge!)

-- Suzanne

I would guess that the emphasis will still be to sell SSR, since AKV main building won't open unit 2009. There is going to be a limited number of points available for use. Also, I think the points for SSR will be sold at a few dollars less per point to keep members buying SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter