• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Complimentary Ticket from CM

XMom

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if we received complimentary tickets from a CM (as a xmas gift), can we use those as an existing ticket to get into Walt Disney World in August or September if we are staying on site?

Does anyone know if we received complimentary tickets from a CM (as a xmas gift), can we use those as an existing ticket to get into Walt Disney World in August or September if we are staying on site?
It needs to be in your MDX account.

I’d ask the person who gifted them to you. They should know.

(I’ve always heard those kinds of tickets are subject to the same blockouts as the CM’s maingates.)

(I’ve always heard those kinds of tickets are subject to the same blockouts as the CM’s maingates.)
Actually those tickets usually don’t have blackouts. When my ex husband was a CM we used comp tickets to get in when the Maingate pass was blacked out.
To OP: you will need to attach the ticket to your MDE

I would check on that ticket. CMs cannot bring anyone in on their passes yet. Because of such low numbers in some of the parks, CMs were just given the go ahead this week to get in themselves. They had been on blackout since the parks opened.

If it is a seasonal ticket say like a summer or winter ticket, there isn't any blackout dates and you can use it without the cast member being present. Just scan the top barcode on the ticket using the MDE app under the "ad tickets" . This will ad it to your magic band.

The CM who gave them to you can look at the CM site to see what admission tickets are on the blockout site.

After you link the ticket(s) to your My Disney Experience Account, remember to get a Park Pass for the park you want to go to on that day.

Thank you everyone. We will try to put them in our MDE account and see what happens. Since we are in California, we aren’t up on all that is happening at WDW ticket wise. We are just over here sulking that DL is still closed.

I used two of those tickets to book two of my days in August. I'm just bummed that they were park hoppers that I don't get to utilize.

I used two of those tickets to book two of my days in August. I'm just bummed that they were park hoppers that I don't get to utilize.
This is great to know! I was getting all different kinds of info so the fact that they worked for you makes me feel better. We were told they did not have blackouts and realistically coming from California, we are fine dedicating a whole day to one park. Not sure if we want to do AK, but hubby would like to do Pandora. Is it worth it?

Also, do we scan them into MDE and then reserve the day we want? It is so much more complex than just showing up to Disneyland. Ha...ha!

This is great to know! I was getting all different kinds of info so the fact that they worked for you makes me feel better. We were told they did not have blackouts and realistically coming from California, we are fine dedicating a whole day to one park. Not sure if we want to do AK, but hubby would like to do Pandora. Is it worth it?

Also, do we scan them into MDE and then reserve the day we want? It is so much more complex than just showing up to Disneyland. Ha...ha!
Yes especially now. In the "before times" as my husband calls them, I would say no, because there is not a ton to do outside of Pandora, and it was impossible to get a fastpass for flight of passage unless you were staying on site with a long-ish stay. Now, you can ride flight of passage with zero wait. It is such an amazing ride, that makes it absolutely worth it, especially since you don't have it over in CA.

Edited to add: Also, Tiffins is the best restaurant in Disney World, in my opinion.

Not sure if we want to do AK, but hubby would like to do Pandora. Is it worth it?
We only did FOP once and it was enough for us but everyone has their own opinion.
Yes you can scan them with your phone or enter the ticket (ID Codes) into MDE on the web site. Once you have the tickets in MDE and assigned to people then you can make your Disney Park Pass selections.

Do you need instructions on how to scan or add the ID Codes in the MDE app?

Atter the tickets are in MDE you will also see that there are no restrictions on this type of ticket and when they expire, and they have the ParkHopper option that is not currently available.

Dave

Yes especially now. In the "before times" as my husband calls them, I would say no, because there is not a ton to do outside of Pandora, and it was impossible to get a fastpass for flight of passage unless you were staying on site with a long-ish stay. Now, you can ride flight of passage with zero wait. It is such an amazing ride, that makes it absolutely worth it, especially since you don't have it over in CA.

Edited to add: Also, Tiffins is the best restaurant in Disney World, in my opinion.
Thank you! I think my hubby & kids would be the ones to ride multiple times. I would probably be a one and done as I am sensitive to motion sickness. We will look up Tiffins if we do end up going. Thank you!

Thank you! I think my hubby & kids would be the ones to ride multiple times. I would probably be a one and done as I am sensitive to motion sickness. We will look up Tiffins if we do end up going. Thank you!
I struggle with motion sickness on simulator rides. I took half a Less Drowsy Dramamine and ride it three times with no issues—and didn’t fall asleep on Navi River LOL. Hopefully you won’t have any issues either; the opportunity to ride it multiple times in a day with little wait wont last long (hopefully!!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter