Concerned about new Frozen ride wait times (low capacity)

Write to Guest Communications and suggest that the line be restricted to families with children 8 years or younger ONLY until the end of the year... or make the attraction an up-charge (like the go-karts in a Six Flags park...).

Both of those are pretty nasty slippery slopes. I wouldn't personally want either one. In the long term, the ride crowd would balance out and Frozen will be a non-issue. The implications of starting either of those policies could be quite haunting for Disney far longer than the Frozen issue.

I actually am very curious if the lines get out of control whether this is an issue. How do you manage what could be completely unmanageable crowd/line? Do you rope off Norway and have a limit to even how many people are allowed to get in line? In theory, that could be the only way you allow the ride to close. You have to wait in line to get a spot in line. Until you actually make it to the line, you are not guaranteed to get on the attraction. Hopefully all a non-issue, but when Harry Potter first opened at Universal they really had their hands full. Will this be worse?

When Anna and Elsa were meeting in Norway they had this issue. What they did was rope off the back of the line in Norway and then had another set of ropes that ran down the front of Princess Dinning Hall and switched back in the smoking section in between China and Norway. They just got ride of that smoking section for that time period. They had a cast member at the end of the first line and begging of the other that would guide people between the two. It was insane.

I would expect the lines to be very long and FP+ very hard to get if you're going on a short trip or not staying on site. It will be a rope drop strategy. Moving the sisters to the same area might decrease the demand a little bit. However, if they move the sisters and they stay a FP+ attraction, will the Frozen Ride AND the sisters become tier A rides/attractions?

Perhaps this should be an exclusive FP+ only ride/attraction (no SB line)...almost like a reservation to ride in the hour time frame...so you would not have hoards of people clogging up the Norway pavillion and beyond all day long...of course they would have to give out way more FP+ (or call it something else because you may still have to wait on a line) than usual because you will not have SB line to worry about...Just a thought...

Other ways to winnow the crowd would be to force guests to make reservations at Akershus to ride it, or restrict advance FP+s to resort guests only...

That would fill up the resorts!

Maybe make it FP only? They've played around with this for short periods before.

Just my two cents is I would prefer fastpass only over of sitting in line all day. Or worse yet, sitting in line without a guarantee of being able to ride the ride. If I am not going to get to ride it, I would rather get over that disappointment before I set foot in the park and focus on having fun doing other things. I could also steer my daughter away from that entire area instead of teasing her with something that she won't get to ride.

Just my two cents is I would prefer fastpass only over of sitting in line all day. Or worse yet, sitting in line without a guarantee of being able to ride the ride. If I am not going to get to ride it, I would rather get over that disappointment before I set foot in the park and focus on having fun doing other things. I could also steer my daughter away from that entire area instead of teasing her with something that she won't get to ride.

If you stand on line you get to ride unless there is a technical issue that prevents it from being opened back up. There have been times when popular rides have long waits that CMs don't get to go home until several hours post park closure waiting for the attraction to cycle all guests through.

This is a terrible idea. Restricting access to rides based on age? That would ruin the magic entirely.
:thumbsup2

It also goes against Walt Disney's whole purpose of creating Disneyland/Disney World. So that parents and their children can all have fun together. Can you imagine? Oh sorry Sally, you're 9 now. You wait here by this tree while I take little Janie to see A&E...:eek: But seriously. No.

When Anna and Elsa were meeting in Norway they had this issue. What they did was rope off the back of the line in Norway and then had another set of ropes that ran down the front of Princess Dinning Hall and switched back in the smoking section in between China and Norway. They just got ride of that smoking section for that time period. They had a cast member at the end of the first line and begging of the other that would guide people between the two. It was insane.

We were there at the height of Frozen insanity in February 2014. I agree- I have never seen anything more insane in my entire life. You had 6 hour waits by 10am after the sisters started greeting people at 9am when FW opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter