Concerned about SOG/CR

DG-12

Mouseketeer
I was sooo excited to get such a breat rate yesterday through SOG... But after reading some of the posts about the rooms and treatment of SOG guests at CR was thinking maybe I would ask for another resort. I would rather pay a little more and not feel like a second class citizen... Has anyone come back recently?
Thanks,
Dana

:D We were at the Contemporary via SOG from 7/3 -7/13. The staff was wonderful. We did not encounter an rude staff members at the Contemporary or anywhere else on property. Our room was clean and in good repair. We were in 7368. The Contemporary theme or decor has never appealed to me so I wouldn't have stayed there if not for the SOG rehab. We enjoyed the resort! Having the monorail is a big plus, but we did walk to MK often because it was less than a seven minute walk from our room. The Concourse Steakhouse has yummy food and we ate at Chef Mickey's twice. The food court was ok and we did buy and use the refillable mugs. I think you will be pleased. If you have anymore questions I'll be happy to answer them.

Cheryl:Pinkbounc

I too, was apprehensive after reading some of these post, but we were there 7/9-7/15 and had a great time. Rooms 7167 and 7168, we got everything we requested (connecting rooms, refrigerator, coffeemaker - and all within the first 45 min of getting to our rooms), were never treated as anything but CR guests, and had the occasional duck visitor on our patio. We were told we were getting a lake view and that the room was $10 more, but we didn't have the view and weren't charged. Looking at the parking lot, but were able to see the monorail going in and out of the tower, which the girls liked. The only complaint I had was that the rooms were at the opposite end of the wing from the door that leads you to the pool and the tower lobby - veeerrrrrryyyyy long walk. But, on the flip side, we were close to the door you'd go out to get our van or to walk to the MK. Loved having the monorail - huge convenience. Rooms, IMHO, are extremely tacky looking (I know that's how they're supposed to look!), but are relatively large and have the fold-out day bed which we used for our 6 year old. Overall, had a great time. Will miss the monorail when we are at VWL in OCt.!

Have a great time! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Dana-
I am afraid I am responsible for some of those negative posts. I did have some problems, but the access to the monorail, MK, and restaurants is great. We had some problems with maid service but I do not feel we were treated as second class citizens by any of the CMs I met. The problems with housekeeping were resolved. If our trip had been longer they probably would not have bothered me so much. The only rude CMs we met were the monorail CMs and apparantly they were going through some kind of shake up at the time that hurt morale. When we went in May we were only there for 3 nights, 2 full days. I think I may have overstressed myself and expected to much. When you are having such a short trip any problem can become a mountain.

We love SoG, but it is not fair to compare such a small resort with such a large one. Also, we really didn't realize that SoG is really a deluxe resort. So when we thought CR - a deluxe!!! Well, we were expecting the sky, moon, and stars. That was not fair. We are giving it another try for a longer vacation in February. This time I am keeping my expectations more realistic.

The rooms are large, the views are awesome, the restaurants good, the pools nice, easy access to the marina, and the MONORAIL! Please do not let any of my negative posts influence your decision.

Hi Dana-

If you've stayed at SoG, you'll be in for a different experience. We've stayed there so often that the reception/check in clerks recognized us when we arrived.
We were a bit nervous staying at the CR in May, but we had a great time!! June was great too, and we always greeted our housekeeper when we saw her in the hall. We even had our first towel animals made for us last trip!!
The Concourse Steakhouse is really underrated... the food is great and the CMs are very friendly and helpful. I even gave the Hostess some helpful information about her very first trip to DL!

Go up to the bar at the California Grill at the right time, and not only will you see Fantasy in the Sky from a Super location, but you'll see the Electric Water Pageant too!! Especially the Observation Deck!!!!!!!!

Have a Great Trip!!!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We're thinking about going next summer and staying at CR via SoG. Having never been to either one we don't know what to expect. Have never heard much about SoG. What is it like and what are the renovations going to do for it?

SoG is the smallest deluxe resort in WDW. Before the renovations it only had 298 rooms. After the renovations it will have appr. 600 rooms. It will still be the smallest. It is also redoing the lobby and adding 2 new restaurants. Before the military bought it, SoG was known at the Disney Inn. It was also called the Golf Resort as it is situated between 2 PGA golf courses. It is not themed, more like a country inn and it is very quiet. It has 2 pools, a kiddie pool, and a hot tub. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter