Concierge/Club Level Information - Part III (October 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning:wave2:

Just wanted to post links to our AKL CL review...awesome place!!!:thumbsup2

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to try and answer!

Hope everyone has a great weekend:goodvibes
Heather

Thanks to your fine trip report we booked at AKL CL.

I was surprised at how the price was very reasonable as compared to the other resorts and even AKL savanna views was only about 100 dollars more. We already booked the safari, I have heard nothing bad about it.

Thank you for your input :flower3:. I have heard nothing but great things about AKL CL, which is one reason I want to give it a try. AKL is a beautiful resort and we always eat at Boma at least once each trip, so it would actually work out perfect to stay there for a few nights to kick off our trip :goodvibes.

I've read reports about the GF closing restaurants and Gasparilla's for refurb sometime this fall/winter, although I can't recall the specific dates. We are trying Poly CL after our cruise next year, so that should be a nice treat staying there after a refurb and trying CL there for the first time ::yes::.

Thank you Mickeynut for the info on GF restaurants. I have to do some research on the GF thread to see when they think this will happen.

The BC lounge being so small is one reason we hesitate to spend the money and try it (and I'm worried YC is the same way :sad2:). With that said, I feel the same way about a regular room vs CL at the GF (for SL). I didn't care for SL as the lounge is in the lobby right as you walk into the SL building and it was always chaotic with not enough seating to accommodate everyone staying there. I would choose a regular GV over SL for the same reason(s) as you suggest that here for the BC ;)

I felt the same about Sugarloaf CL lounge. It is very small and being right as you walk into the building really makes it seem extra busy. The food offerings were very nice, however not being able to find a place to sit on all four of our mornings there (we are not rope drop people or late to breakfast types) really was disappointing. Also, the CM's working the desks during our stay seemed quite aloof. I guess I just expected more for Disney's flag ship resort. :confused3 at their prices. I have heard GF RPC is exceptional, perhaps one day we will be able to work it into the budge. :goodvibes

The walk from the Beach Club to Epcot is insanely short, especially if you exit by the quiet pool, or even better, by the "secret" exit near room 1501. Maybe a slightly longer walk than the quiet pool exit, but the 1501 exit gives you more hallway time, and therefore more A/C time, than the quiet pool exit!

Thanks for the great information on the secret exit, we will be sure to find it with your instructions. It certainly is nice to have more A/C time as well as cover when it doing a Florida storm.

Ann

Hello, I am looking for a photo of the peanut butter and jelly rolls they serve at BW CL. Thanks.

Ah...next to Victoria & Albert's creme brulee, the Innkeeper's Club's peanut butter & raspberry sliced roll-ups with powdered sugar are the best dessert items in all of WDW...at least according to these tastebuds.

All the best. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter