Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hours posted in our room at WL CL were 7AM - 10PM for CL CM to be on duty. We were told they usually have the rooms ready for guests arriving early if needed, but if not all luggage is taken care of and you can enjoy the lounge and resort or head off to the parks if desired with no worries.

Side note: We arrived around 4 and were met right off of ME and taken upstairs. Our luggage was in the room when we returned home form dinner at Chef Mickey's that evening.

BWI CL V. YC CL

I've been going back and forth on these two resorts for our split stay in march. I can get an attractive rate for either with the annual pass discount. We haven't stayed at either of these in recent years so any information would be helpful. We are splitting up our stay and doing hollywood studios and epcot on the days we stay at one of these resorts then we are moving on to BLT. So we do want an epcot cl resort.

We did bc cl last april and weren't thrilled. we'd like to try something else and besides its booked for our dates with the annual pass discount i believe.

so it will just me myself and our 4 year old. because we didn't love BC cl I hesitate to try YC cl but we have dining reservations over there and i don't think we'll be eating on the boardwalk except qs. how easy is it to get from bwi to bc or yc? what are the pros and cons of each in your opinion? we are currently booked at yc cl std view.

? from a CL newbie. We are staying in June at the BC, and I wanted to do something fun for the kids one day. Is there anyway that someone could take random pictures around our resort to make a sort of scavenger hunt for the kids one day. I realize this isn't exactly a small request and don't won't to insult anyone if it's way over the line. Any other ideas that my be fun???

We were there for 4 days during NYE week. Mornings are busy, but not impossible. We had 5 people and usually got a seat, if not, there is a little table and chairs setup outside the lounge, near the hallway, that was convenient. With 2 people, I don't think you should have a problem.

Afternoons were dead. Lots of seats. We stayed there for a couple hours before our ME express pickup and it was very convenient.

Cocktail hour was busy, but not as much as breakfast.

There was also a family staying in the Steeplechase Suite the week we were there. The grandmother of the bunch would bring the room tray to the lounge, load it up, and leave. :headache: Then the entire family (staying in various other rooms) would meet for cocktails every evening. We still got seats, so you should be fine.

Thanks so much for your help! Really want to try those cottages! :goodvibes

BWI CL V. YC CL

I've been going back and forth on these two resorts for our split stay in march. I can get an attractive rate for either with the annual pass discount. We haven't stayed at either of these in recent years so any information would be helpful. We are splitting up our stay and doing hollywood studios and epcot on the days we stay at one of these resorts then we are moving on to BLT. So we do want an epcot cl resort.

We did bc cl last april and weren't thrilled. we'd like to try something else and besides its booked for our dates with the annual pass discount i believe.

so it will just me myself and our 4 year old. because we didn't love BC cl I hesitate to try YC cl but we have dining reservations over there and i don't think we'll be eating on the boardwalk except qs. how easy is it to get from bwi to bc or yc? what are the pros and cons of each in your opinion? we are currently booked at yc cl std view.

I can't comment on club level at the BWI as I haven't tried it yet. But we have stayed @YC club level many times & were just at BC's club level 2 weeks ago. The food offerings are pretty mush the same at both. The lounge @ YC seems to have a little more room. And although there are some rooms that are a little walk away from the lounge, I thought the rooms at BC were much further away. I never mind one of the further away rooms @ YC, but the walk from the lounge to our room @ BC was ridiculous.

The walk from the BW to the YC isn't too bad, about 10 minutes maybe. The boat heading to the studios from BW goes right to the YC, so you could take that if you don't feel like walking. It usually seems quicker to walk past Jelly Rolls & over the bridge near Swan & Dolphin when we go from YC to the BW, instead of going past the BC.

I can't comment on club level at the BWI as I haven't tried it yet. But we have stayed @YC club level many times & were just at BC's club level 2 weeks ago. The food offerings are pretty mush the same at both. The lounge @ YC seems to have a little more room. And although there are some rooms that are a little walk away from the lounge, I thought the rooms at BC were much further away. I never mind one of the further away rooms @ YC, but the walk from the lounge to our room @ BC was ridiculous.

The walk from the BW to the YC isn't too bad, about 10 minutes maybe. The boat heading to the studios from BW goes right to the YC, so you could take that if you don't feel like walking. It usually seems quicker to walk past Jelly Rolls & over the bridge near Swan & Dolphin when we go from YC to the BW, instead of going past the BC.

thanks for the input! I agree with you about the walk to some rooms with bc cl. we had a room that was pretty far out too. I didn't mind it really but for a longer stay i think it would have bothered me. I looked up a map of the yc cl floor and it looks fairly small. ....at least compared to bc cl.

thats what i was wondering if i could walk between the resorts. I've never tried and we haven't stayed in that area in YEARS....aside from a short bc cl stay last april before our cruise. I think we may just stick with yc cl this time.

how do you like the yc rooms? i'm guessing you like them since you stay there often :) and since you do, do you happen to have an idea of when they were redone last?

it looks like a pretty resort and i think the price is slightly lower then bwi cl with our ap discount. at least a few dollars a night...no real difference but might as well save a few dollars if I don't feel strongly about it.

again thanks for your input :)

I do not believe that there is a different check in time for CL guests, but you can certainly alert IPO of your arrival time and I'm sure they'd try to have a room ready but of course, it's not guaranteed.

Its my understanding that check in is the same for all guests. that said our cl room has always been ready when we got there...never too early though.

thanks for the input! I agree with you about the walk to some rooms with bc cl. we had a room that was pretty far out too. I didn't mind it really but for a longer stay i think it would have bothered me. I looked up a map of the yc cl floor and it looks fairly small. ....at least compared to bc cl.

thats what i was wondering if i could walk between the resorts. I've never tried and we haven't stayed in that area in YEARS....aside from a short bc cl stay last april before our cruise. I think we may just stick with yc cl this time.

how do you like the yc rooms? i'm guessing you like them since you stay there often :) and since you do, do you happen to have an idea of when they were redone last?

it looks like a pretty resort and i think the price is slightly lower then bwi cl with our ap discount. at least a few dollars a night...no real difference but might as well save a few dollars if I don't feel strongly about it.

again thanks for your input :)

Since it will be just you & your 4 yo, you might want to request a room near the lounge. The room size & set up is pretty much like the BC, just the décor is different. It has been awhile since the rooms have been done; supposedly a rehab will start this year with the BC going first & YC after that. Rumor is that will start late spring/ early summer so YC may not be done til next year. The rooms are nice tho, they don't show a lot of wear & tear. I would say the carpeting in the hallways looks a little worn in some areas. I think the rooms are pretty, but then blue is my favorite color!

The Yacht & Beach Club thread has some nice pictures of the rooms-- check out the first page for lots of info & pictures. That thread is a great resource & has lots of friendly posters, if you are interested.

It is easy to walk to any of the resorts in that area, we usually walk to BW, Epcot & often to the Studios too. The boats are kind of slow & the walks aren't too bad. Takes us about 15 -20 minutes to get to the Studios, 5-7 minutes to Epcot & 10 to BW.

? from a CL newbie. We are staying in June at the BC, and I wanted to do something fun for the kids one day. Is there anyway that someone could take random pictures around our resort to make a sort of scavenger hunt for the kids one day. I realize this isn't exactly a small request and don't won't to insult anyone if it's way over the line. Any other ideas that my be fun???

I so would take these for you if I was able to go be at Disney...sounds like fun

BUt in all seriousness - Ask your IPO - you should have gotten a connect shortly after reservations were made if they have any suggestions. They might have ideas for fun activities. I know at WL they have a Hidden Mickey hunt sheet for kids maybe BC has something like this as well.

I am staying CL at AKL in August. We are then moving to Kidani in a 2 bedroom suite. I received a packet from Disney for the Kidani portion of the stay, BUT not CL part. Is that normal?

I am staying CL at AKL in August. We are then moving to Kidani in a 2 bedroom suite. I received a packet from Disney for the Kidani portion of the stay, BUT not CL part. Is that normal?

You should be receiving something for your AKL stay as well. Also, since you are staying CL, you should get an email from IPO welcoming you to AKL CL and offering you assistance with any questions you may have, making ADRs, etc. With that said, for some reason not every CL guest gets an email from IPO, so if there's anything you want/need assistance with and don't receive anything, you can call or email them.

Hi Folks..I was wondering what the correct email address is for contacting the IPO at AKL..I tried the one listed on the first page of this thread and no luck - came back unknown...thanks

Hi. We are staying YC CL in the summer, our first ever club level stay.... The IPO have sent us a form to complete for any requests, adr's etc. I have booked all of our Adrs but should I be informing the IPO of our plans when I send them this form back? Sorry if it's a silly question.

Hi Folks..I was wondering what the correct email address is for contacting the IPO at AKL..I tried the one listed on the first page of this thread and no luck - came back unknown...thanks

I looked at the AKL FAQ to see if there was one listed there to check against the one on the first page of this thread, but I didn't have any luck. Hopefully someone here will be able to help with that or you could try posting on the AKL FAQ to see if anyone on that thread can help. Good luck.

Hi. We are staying YC CL in the summer, our first ever club level stay.... The IPO have sent us a form to complete for any requests, adr's etc. I have booked all of our Adrs but should I be informing the IPO of our plans when I send them this form back? Sorry if it's a silly question.

I don't think it's necessary to list your ADRs if you've already made them and unless you want to let them know when you will be arriving or have room requests, I don't think the forms need to be sent back, but that's just my opinion. I have never sent the forms back as I don't use IPO when we stay CL. With that said, some people like to let them know when they will be arriving, make requests, etc., so depending on what information you want/need to give them, you can send the forms back or opt not to.

You should be receiving something for your AKL stay as well. Also, since you are staying CL, you should get an email from IPO welcoming you to AKL CL and offering you assistance with any questions you may have, making ADRs, etc. With that said, for some reason not every CL guest gets an email from IPO, so if there's anything you want/need assistance with and don't receive anything, you can call or email them.

I already wrote them and they did send me a nice response! Just don't want any glitches when I go to make my dining reservations on 2/21!!

Hi! I'm booked in one of the club level "cottages" for my honeymoon an wondered what the room numbers are of those and if there are any that are better to request, in terms of location or slight room size differences. Also, what time does the club lounge open and close? Thanks!

Hi! I'm booked in one of the club level "cottages" for my honeymoon an wondered what the room numbers are of those and if there are any that are better to request, in terms of location or slight room size differences. Also, what time does the club lounge open and close? Thanks!

Cottages at the BWI?

If so, cottages in the lower numbers, for example #1202, are closer to where you have to walk to gain entrance to the main building elevator (and access to the Innkeeper's Club). Higher cottage numbers are closer to the quiet pool.

All the best. :thumbsup2

Yes sorry, the BWI! I'm so excited I can't type right! Thanks for the info. How many cottages are there?

Yes sorry, the BWI! I'm so excited I can't type right! Thanks for the info. How many cottages are there?

According to WDW:

The Garden Suites are designed for Honeymooners but can easily accommodate a family of four and are two stories. There are 14 Garden Suites and all but three have private entrance courtyards. The three that do not, have private balconies. The yards are separated by white picket fences that are about 3 feet tall. Each of the front yards are individually landscaped. At the gated entrance to the yard, there is a small decorative bird house with the room number on it. These front yards lead to the one and only entry way of the suite, and are being grown into manicured rose gardens.

There is a living room on the first floor and a bedroom loft on the second floor. The first floor has a TV, 1/2 bath, bread bar, and a queen size sofa bed. The 2nd level loft, in most cases, overlooks the lower level which creates a very large, vaulted ceiling effect. The three with private balconies have more of an actually separate second level. Either way, the second level features an elevated King size bed. Upstairs you will also find an addition TV, and a full bath with a giant Jacuzzi tub that will easily accommodate two people. There is even a third mini TV for viewing while in the Jacuzzi tub.

The Concierge Lounge "Innkeeper's Club " hours of service are: Continental Breakfast from 7 to 10 a.m.; Refreshments from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Tea and Sweets from 3 to 4:30 p.m.; Wine and Cheese Selections from 5 to 6:30 p.m. and Cordials and Desserts from 7 to 9 p.m.

[Personal note: The Innkeeper's Club CMs are outstanding!]

All the best. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter