• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Concierge Contact - UK Staycation

Jules334

In search of the Magic 🤪
We have just booked our 1st Disney Cruise and gone for Concierge as a celebration treat. We paid in full, but unsure if the concierge team contact us, or if we contact them. We have a few (well actually 25) questions we would like their guidance on. Appreciate it’s the weekend & they will be busy, but feel a bit deflated we have not heard anything yet.

Any top tips, guidance or reassurance would be appreciated

have a magical day 😀

I don’t know how they will work for the staycations, and if you can book onboard experiences right now, but they usually contact you by email and phone a few days before you can book onboard experiences online, not just after you book your cruise.

I don’t know how they will work for the staycations, and if you can book onboard experiences right now, but they usually contact you by email and phone a few days before you can book onboard experiences online, not just after you book your cruise.

Marc, thanks for the reply, we are 94 days out, so may be a bit early. I just noticed that some onboard options are already sold out.

Marc, thanks for the reply, we are 94 days out, so may be a bit early. I just noticed that some onboard options are already sold out.
If things can already be booked online, I would write immediately to the concierge onshore team at dcl.concierge.services@disneycruise.com and ask all your questions and mention all your requests. They usually find a way to squeeze concierge guests into fully booked experiences, but not always.

Hi. Just wondering how you got on with contacting the concierge team. I am debating booking concierge for a adult only 2 night trip but struggling to find info out. I understand that normally you can access the lounge for pre dinner drinks from 5-10pm but not sure how that will work during covid. Any ideas?

Definitely reach out and use the email from the above post. I have gone concierge quite a few times and that is the best way to get your questions and requests answered. Often we have found that when options are sold out online, that the concierge team has a handful of reservations held back for their guests to book, even up to when you step on board the first day. If you ask for something within reason - maybe Palo is booked and you want to dine there - they can make it happen. They truly go above and beyond, so I wouldnt worry too much!

As for pre-dinner lounge drinks, I would think that would still be similar even with covid. Usually it is a small offering of beer, wine and liquors. They can make just about anything. I would imagine it would be the same, just with masks and distancing. No different from grabbing a drink at one of the bars. They might just ask that you leave the small lounge area before consuming the drink? - that way you dont get too many people in a small area with masks off? I have not been on a cruise since covid, so those are just my thoughts!

Hi Ruth,

I must admit, I was underwhelmed at first, I emailed the team on the email above (which is super helpful of Marc D) but sadly and had no reply from the Sat until the Tue eve.

when I spoke to Joanne, she couldn’t have been more helpful. I had a list list 29 questions, whilst a lot of the answers were kind of wait until 35 days out, some of the answered were very helpful. It is however clear that Disney are still unsure exactly how the UK Cruises will work.

i do know that Concierge Lounge will be open. The detail of how it will operate is still a litlle unclear but the team will be there to assist us. The arrivals lunch is still to be confirmed, along with some other details though & the option for a hot cooked breakfast in your stateroom on disembarkaction day is not available.

i was able to ask for the rotational dining to be the way round we wanted it to be. RRT fist then AP second.

You xan select the drinks for your fridge, you can choose any Coke Cola products (Coke Zero, Ckoe, Sprite Fanta etc)

Don’t fret about the Spa showing as sold out, the Spa is unlikely to be open, so Disney have it show as sold out.

there is a lot more we can do at 35 days out, BUT it’s got you to contact the Concierge team, they will not contact you (suggest emails, as a call was £2 per min)

happy to add more detail if you would like

Last edited:
You xan select the drinks for your fridge, you can choose any Coke Cola products (Coke Zero, Ckoe, Sprite Fanta etc)
Mileage on that information will vary, as with most answers given by the onshore team about things that are handled solely by the onboard team. We haven’t been able to get the fridge filled only with Diet Coke on our last 5 cruises, but we always make the request. It doesn’t seem to get to the team or they ignore it. The first time it happened, we asked a host and they said they didn’t do that anymore and to get more cans at the lounge if we ran out. On another cruise, we asked our stateroom host and he swapped the cans and kept our fridge filled.

My main gripe about the Concierge experience on DCL, compared to NCL and Celebrity, is the feeling I often get that both teams seem to operate independently from each other, making the experience less than seamless. On Celebrity, our butler had a list of all our requests when he met us and made sure we knew they were all handled already.

Thank you so much! Really struggling to get any info. We have done 2 DCL trip with kids before but never Concierge so dont really know what to expect or if i can justify the price.
i am planning a 2 night birthday trip for my husband so thought the extra treats and lounge would be nice.
its such a short trip but the price is good and would spend around the same for 2 nights away with DBB.
will let you know how i get on with booking.

Sorry other questions.... any idea if after booking i can change rooms( within same cat) or upgrade if the price of a one bed drops. Currently none of the expensive suits booked. Thanks

In case anyone is trying to email them I would say not to expect a quick response! I had heard that some people had received a welcome email within a few hours of booking so when I hadn't had one after a few days I rang the normal number and they advised they'd ask them to contact me as soon as possible. This took another 2 days for me to receive it. I replied quickly with a number of queries but haven't heard back yet. I've heard that other people have also been waiting for quite a few days with no responses. I assume they must be very busy at the moment.

Sorry other questions.... any idea if after booking i can change rooms( within same cat) or upgrade if the price of a one bed drops. Currently none of the expensive suits booked. Thanks
Yes - you can change rooms or upgrade rooms on a cruise. Just call reservations and they can take care of it for you.

Did you ask any questions about the Covid test partner they planned on using it the cost of the tests by any chance ?

Prices pretty much only go up as the cruise date nears, unfortunately. However, if you arrive early to the port on embarkation day, there is typically an option to upgrade to any rooms still available at a substantial discount compared to earlier prices. That is only offered same day while you are physically at the port though.

I don't think there is a UK number, so this could be a very expensive call.

noodlez,

We didnt recieve any comms from them, until after they called me. Must admit, its not the “special treatment” i expected from concierge

use the email again at the top of the thread from Mac D. Dont call unless you want to gamble on costs. We did call, it was £2 per min, after 10 Mins we hung up, the recoded measage says you are in a que but not where (ie you are 2nd etc)

Last edited:
Did you ask any questions about the Covid test partner they planned on using it the cost of the tests by any chance ?

noodlez,

yes the concierge team said that detail will follow (around 35 days out) we have seen the PCR test available from Boots, and are reduced from £120 to £99 each

Last edited:
noodlez,

We didnt recieve any comms from them, until after they called me. Must admit, its not the “special treatment” i expected from concierge

use the email again at the top of the thread from Mac D. Dont call unless you want to gamble on costs. We did call, it was £2 per min, after 10 Mins we hung up, the recoded measage says you are in a que but not where (ie you are 2nd etc)

You should check out websites like (free calls to the usa dot com) or google free calls to the usa from the UK, where you call through a UK number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter