• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Concierge. Is it worth the price at the Disneyland Hotel?

tvwalsh

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I have reserved two concierge rooms for the Disneyland Hotel for four nights. I would like some opinions on whether or not I should have spent the extra $ for the concierge rooms.

Please tell me your experiences. What did you get or not get? Were the locations or rooms nice? How about the concirge food?

Come on now! This man needs help. Hasn't anyone ever stayed on the concierge level at the Disneyland Hotel?

First, realize this is coming from someone who has NOT splurged for concierge at DL - just what I've read here. But if I'm wrong... I'm sure someone will correct me and you'll get the info you need. ;)

Unlike some hotels where there is a specific conciege floor - my understanding is that you might end up just about anywhere in the hotel. My guess is you would at least be in an upper view room if you're paying for concierge, but unless they've changed things recently, I know I read a trip report from someone who had a room in a different tower than the concierge lounge.

We decided it wouldn't be worth it for us since we like to hit the parks hard when we are there and spend very little time at the hotel. If you like to go at a more relaxed pace, it may be just right for you though. I understand you have a really great view of the fireworks from the lounge and of course snacks and drinks are available there.

Hopefully someone else will come along and give you more specifics soon.

We did concierge twice at the DLH (after staying a few times without), but that was back in the 90's, so my review of the rooms and food would be outdated. I will say that my favorite benefit of concierge is not the food or the room. It's the speed of check-in. We've always had an 8-hour drive w/ little kids, and it's been well worth the splurge to me to not have to stand in a long line in the lobby upon arrival. We also found it really handy to send one person to the lounge early in the a.m. to grab food & bring it back to the room for everyone to eat while getting dressed.

We'll be staying at PPH for our first time & using concierge in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter