Concierge level rooms? Why?

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
I can understand when staying at WDW or any other hotel the purpose of Concierge service. They help make arrangements for you. They help you get dining reservations. They have food for you close-by so you you don't need a restaurant trip. Plus more.

But on a cruise? Where all the food is there for the taking? Where your restaurants are all waiting for you? Where the entertainment is pretty much never a sellout?

Why pay the extra $ for it on a cruise? What services do they provide for the considerable difference in cost?

What am I missing?

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

We love going concierge! All you have to do is email them and they will make all your reservations for you, no staying up until midnight. Also, you get the 120 day booking window so you get your pick of the excursions, reservations and spa treatment times. On the Dream and Fantasy they have all your photos for you in the lounge so you don't have to go to Shutters with everyone on the boat. We love it, but different strokes for different folks!

We love going concierge! All you have to do is email them and they will make all your reservations for you, no staying up until midnight. Also, you get the 120 day booking window so you get your pick of the excursions, reservations and spa treatment times. On the Dream and Fantasy they have all your photos for you in the lounge so you don't have to go to Shutters with everyone on the boat. We love it, but different strokes for different folks!

All of the above, but let's not forget the ever popular Concierge Lounge (Dream & Fantastic) & drinks and great snacks. Private sun deck with mister & private character photo session. Trust me once you sail concierge it's hard to sail anything else. Oops almost forgot got the Egyptian cotton sheets & your choice of pillows & the great robes. ::yes::

On the Dream last April the concierge hosts ( Andy from Germany was great) would bend over backward to get what you needed. The private sun deck was great, no searching for lounge chairs and free sun screen and moisturizer. We also received a "Ducky" Williams signed lithograph. The free drinks, all top shelf, were served around the dinner hour. Also they have the best coffee on the ship with their $20,000 (according to a host) espresso/cappuccino machine.

darkwing818 said:
All of the above, but let's not forget the ever popular Concierge Lounge (Dream & Fantastic) & drinks and great snacks. Private sun deck with mister & private character photo session. Trust me once you sail concierge it's hard to sail anything else. Oops almost forgot got the Egyptian cotton sheets & your choice of pillows & the great robes. ::yes::

The sheets and robes are the same in all cabins.

The sheets and robes are the same in all cabins.

Never saw a robe except in concierge. The sheets are also different. From DCL:

Upgraded Amenities
While all Disney Cruise Line staterooms boast luxury amenities and world-class service, Guests of our Concierge Suites enjoy an expanded range of quality offerings.

•H20 Plus Spa, Bath and Shower Products
All stateroom baths are stocked with fine marine-nutrient enriched H20 Plus spa, bath and shower products—including Sea Marine Revitalizing Shampoo, Marine Collagen Conditioner and Hydrating Body Butter. Guests of our Concierge Suites are treated to an enhanced line, which adds the premium Sea Salt Body Wash and Solar Relief Gel.
•Fine Bedding from Sealy Posturpedic® and Frette
All staterooms feature plush bath towels, bath sheets and 300-thread-count, 100% Egyptian cotton linens from Frette. Our Concierge Suites' master bedrooms are further upgraded with Sealy Posturepedic® Premium Plush Euro-top mattresses and feather and down duvets.
•Pillow Talk Program
Guests of our Concierge Suites have access to the Pillow Talk program, which allows you to choose from a selection of hypo-allergenic, feather and therapeutic memory-foam pillow options.
•Personal Robe and Slippers
These plush comforts are provided for your use while you cruise.
•Special Treats Delivered
While staying in a Concierge Suite, you benefit from daily delights delivered to your door, such as canapés, fruit and cookies.
•Media Library
DVD players and an extensive library of music CDs and DVD titles are stocked for the enjoyment of you and your family, along with a selection of board games.

We booked category V, which is a "normal" room, but on the concierge level on Dream and Fantasy. A huge reason we want to go back is because the looks of the room are SOOOOO gorgeous!

We had family on Deck 6, and while the rooms were nearly the same, the aesthetics of our stateroom made our eyes much happier. :)

There's been some talk in my household about DS and I going on our own really soon, and if we do it we'd need to be in just about the tiniest, most inside stateroom there is, and it's been a big hurdle, to deal with not being in that pretty pretty room again....

On the Dream and Fantasy they have all your photos for you in the lounge so you don't have to go to Shutters with everyone on the boat.

Wait, what? That wasn't on our sheet of things they'll do. Is that just for the suites? (not cat V?) Man, that would have been convenient....

All of the above, but let's not forget the ever popular Concierge Lounge (Dream & Fantastic) & drinks and great snacks. Private sun deck with mister & private character photo session. Trust me once you sail concierge it's hard to sail anything else.

Definitely difficult to think about...

As in adult drinks cool let me add cool idea might do the same for my 50th

Yep, in the evenings before each dinner seating they have a relatively short open bar. Don't forget to tip the bartender! (we didn't realize she wasn't included when we tipped concierge at the end of the cruise :scared: :sad2::rolleyes2:blush: )

Robes are not standard outside concierge. They are not the same in the spa either - those are waffle textured and not nearly as nice.

The one thing I *haven't* seen mentioned here, which surprises me, is space. On the Magic/Wonder the only way to get a cabin bigger than ~300 square feet is to go concierge. 1 bedroom suites jump to ~600, double the space! On the Dream/Fantasy this is not as applicable as the Category V is equal to Category 4, it just has "prettier clothes" plus the mentioned amenities. However if you want the luxury of more elbow room, concierge is it.

Concierge was able to get my daughter and the son of a friend nursery time during our Remy reservation, even though every time I contacted the nursery myself they told me they were completely booked. I believe the concierge had them add an additional staff person to accommodate us.

Sadly... I was not actually staying in concierge so I've never been able to enjoy all the rest of the amenities. But, we were traveling in a large group, several of whom were in concierge (including the Roy and Walt Disney Suites), so they could get pretty much anything for anyone in our party of 40 people.

Our family has sailed twice on Disney. The first cruise was Alaska in a 1 bedroom suite on the Wonder. Our second cruise was the Mediterranean in a 4A on the Magic. After our second cruise we decided that unless we found a smoking deal, the concierge service on Disney was not worth the extra price. Don't get me wrong, they treat you great, but not compared to the suite extras we found on other cruise lines. We sailed the NCL Pearl in a suite through Alaska. We found the extra's such as a semi-private pool, being able to order from any of their specialty restaurants and a private breakfast restaurant (or poolside) was a better value considering we paid what we would have paid for a 4A on the Wonder.

With that said, we enjoy Disney more than NCL for various reasons.

I can understand when staying at WDW or any other hotel the purpose of Concierge service. They help make arrangements for you. They help you get dining reservations. They have food for you close-by so you you don't need a restaurant trip. Plus more.

But on a cruise? Where all the food is there for the taking? Where your restaurants are all waiting for you? Where the entertainment is pretty much never a sellout?

Why pay the extra $ for it on a cruise? What services do they provide for the considerable difference in cost?

What am I missing?

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

I am not in much disagreement with you. We only book concierge because it happens to be associated with our cabin selection. We love the larger cabin size more than any other aspect. I do not think the "perks" of concierge add that much value but the cabin size/layout is the justification for us.

DWF

Our family has sailed twice on Disney. The first cruise was Alaska in a 1 bedroom suite on the Wonder. Our second cruise was the Mediterranean in a 4A on the Magic. After our second cruise we decided that unless we found a smoking deal, the concierge service on Disney was not worth the extra price. Don't get me wrong, they treat you great, but not compared to the suite extras we found on other cruise lines. We sailed the NCL Pearl in a suite through Alaska. We found the extra's such as a semi-private pool, being able to order from any of their specialty restaurants and a private breakfast restaurant (or poolside) was a better value considering we paid what we would have paid for a 4A on the Wonder.

With that said, we enjoy Disney more than NCL for various reasons.

You might feel differently about concierge on the Dream or Fantasy. The concierge perks are far superior than the Magic or Wonder.

We wanted to book a 3 night next August after our stay at Disney's Vero Beach....we found the different was only about $350 to upgraded to Concierge on the Dream....it is the end of August so prices are pretty good...

....looking forward to the upgrade cabin....concierge lounge and sun deck and the cocktail hours....

....after that it all gravy....whatever else we will be thrilled with...like the free iPod and iPads and arcade card....

...like help with adult dining and excursions and from what I have read never having to wait line at Guest Services for anything....:thumbsup2

We sailed on concierge on the Magic for the Space. That was the only reason. We honestly didn't take advantage of the perks. Yes, there were things left in the room for us, but for the most part, we could've gotten those things from the room service menu or cove cafe. Our hosts were super nice, though and did get my girls a bag of popcorn to watch a movie. But, after reading on the dis boards, I went straight to guest services to drop off my pieces to be signed and get tickets for tea with Alice... Apparently those were things I should've 'let' my host do. It was just as easy to do it myself! I'm not used to having people do those kinds of things for me, nor do I find it particularly necessary. If I can do it.. I don't feel the need to have others do it for me. But, I also paid less for 4 in a concierge suite on the Magic out of Galveston than some pay for an ocean view for 4 on the Fantasy. I would not have been able to afford it otherwise- or should I say I would choose not to spend it if it had been more.

We definitely had robes in our category 4D stateroom on the Dream last year. Anomaly? I wore it while doing my hair and makeup before dinner. It was a thick one, not the waffle texture spa one. There were no slippers though. We could have purchased them for $80 each. There was a sign on the hanger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter