Concierge Rooms?

I have sailed 2 times in Concierge. The first time it was truly magical I couldn't say enough good stuff about the host. Last year it was a nightmare I couldn't come up with anything good to say about the host. Some of the things you get, priority boarding. you don't have a PAT so if you are at the terminal around 1115, you will be the first to stroll across the ship. Their will be either a member of the crew to take you to the elevator to meet the host. IF you have kids, while you are at the concierge check in, they can get checked in for the kids clubs instead of standing in line. Concierge, can get you all the tickets for the special events if you have kids prior to leaving the port usually. Free beverages all day long and before both dinners, they have free booze.

If you go on the excursions, they usually give you a priority off of the ship to get to your excursion. To me that wasn't worth it especially since you go with a group. You will have fun, regardless if you are on deck 3 or concierge level. The rooms are not bigger, my next cruise I am in the same 299 sq ft room as I was in concierge.

A forewarning, something I learned, As the crew does constant maintenance on the ship, that includes painting and staining the veranda rails while you are in the various ports. I came back to an open door to my room with no crew members being around my room inside or outside. I thought that it was the room host, but it was pinpointed to the ship crew that was staining the rails. The closest to an apology I got was "oops my bad" and a giggle from a crew member

12526 has the TV at the foot of the bed as well as the TV in the master bathroom mirror

Does anyone have any info on 12020 on fantasy? I haven't been able to find any specifics. I heard that the Murphy bed is hard?...and there was a discussion about drawers under the bed, or space for luggage?...anything would be appreciated. Thank you

Sorry if I missed a previous reply on this...I tried to read through them. On the Dream they did not seem to do any upgrades this year on the TVs for Cat Vs. We were in 12022 in Feb 2016 and only had the one smaller TV. See http://www.disboards.com/members/jdb08.573061/ for more info. Certainly not complaining about the Cat V experience or the concierge staff but was hoping the Dream and the Fantasy would be made equal for the Cat V experience for TVs in the room for the Dream update and Fantasy.

Does anyone have any info on 12020 on fantasy? I haven't been able to find any specifics. I heard that the Murphy bed is hard?...and there was a discussion about drawers under the bed, or space for luggage?...anything would be appreciated. Thank you

You can read a review of the stateroom here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomreport.cfm?Room=12520

From the reviews I've read it sounds like the under bed drawers have been removed, but the beds are high enough to store luggage under. Also a lot of the reviews mention the hardness of the murphy bed.

Thank you. I read this, but it is for the opposite side of the ship... We will be 12020, not 12520.

Staterooms opposite each other tend to be the same, though.

First time we were on Dream we were in 12528, which would be expected to be the same as 12028. etc.

Thank you. I read this, but it is for the opposite side of the ship... We will be 12020, not 12520.

12020 is on the port side of the ship, whereas 12520 is on the starboard side. 12020 faces away from the cruise terminal in Port Canaveral and it also faces away from Castaway Cay. It also is above staterooms on deck 11. 12520 is right over the Senses Fitness Center and it has been reported that you can hear music when classes are in session.

We just stayed in 11008 on the Fantasy, upgraded at the port from a Cat 5 to a 1 bed concierge. Very nice too! Hosts were Kamesha, Amanda and Tawanda. Stateroom hosts were Ronald and assistant Bismarc.
We struggled to know how much to tip as I know lots of others do too, so I'll tell you that we tipped $90 in one envelope for the concierge hosts (you get one envelope for all 3 of them), we also tipped $20 to the bar tender in there called Shenlly. I won't bother telling you about the normal tips as everyone is comfortable with that generally.
Cost of upgrade at the port was $3300 which was double the amount we had agreed between us, but hey ho. Lovely room and a great week.

If anyone has questions or wants photos, please ask away or PM me if I don't respond (I don't look at the Dis often).

We just stayed in 11008 on the Fantasy, upgraded at the port from a Cat 5 to a 1 bed concierge. Very nice too! Hosts were Kamesha, Amanda and Tawanda. Stateroom hosts were Ronald and assistant Bismarc.
We struggled to know how much to tip as I know lots of others do too, so I'll tell you that we tipped $90 in one envelope for the concierge hosts (you get one envelope for all 3 of them), we also tipped $20 to the bar tender in there called Shenlly. I won't bother telling you about the normal tips as everyone is comfortable with that generally.
Cost of upgrade at the port was $3300 which was double the amount we had agreed between us, but hey ho. Lovely room and a great week.

If anyone has questions or wants photos, please ask away or PM me if I don't respond (I don't look at the Dis often).
When did you cruise- we just go off Saturday in a 1 br on 12 - 12006. It was a great cruise.

I'm going to ask because I need to (curiosity killed the cat) but what is a the average tip to concierge host?

I'm going to ask because I need to (curiosity killed the cat) but what is a the average tip to concierge host?

That's hard to determine. Some tip high, some tip low. Some have high needs and wants, and others have no needs and wants and some are in between.

You would have to have a poll where everyone participated and was exact and told the truth. And that's hard to cause and impossible to verify.

Though on our most recent cruise we got a new form. It explicitly said that the tips are divided between the entire team then asked us to fill it out in the form of $x per person per day. That's how I had started thinking about it and I found the format helpful because we could compare their numbers to those of other people we were tipping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter