• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Concourse Steakhouse

Safari Steve

D23 Expo Here I Come!!!
Ate there for the first time last night before MNSSHP. We were seated quickly, and our server was very prompt in getting our drink orders. I was with two friends.
Friend #1 is a vegetarian, and really enjoyed the Penne with fresh Mushrooms. She noted that pretty much every WDW restaurant has one entree on the menu that is suitable for vegetarians, and if that option is not to her liking, the chefs are more than happy to accomodate.
Friend #2 had the Kansas City Strip. It came cooked to order with garlic smashed potatoes, onion rings, and wine butter. The steak was yummy (wine butter really complimented the flavor of the beef). The potatoes were good, but she didn't notice the garlic.
I had the bbq pork spare ribs. They were served with onion rings and "smashed sweet potatoes" I was surprise to find that these were not , in fact, sweet potatoes, rather they were mashed potatoes blended with a sweet cream. Very tasty, but not what I was expecting. The onion rings were big and sweet, with a nice thin batter crust. The ribs were tender, with a sweet and tangy sauce. It was almost an entire rack of spare ribs, cut into thirds and stacked in a decieving manner. There were way too many for me to finish. I left full, but I wish I had ordered the Kansas City Strip.
Friends both had diet coke to drink, I opted for sweet tea. When the server brought refills, he accidentally brought me a fresh glass of un-sweetened tea. It was actually better than the sweet, so I didn't say anything.
There was a very tempting dessert selection (including chocolate prailine parfait), but since we were about to spend the evening trick-or-treating, we decided to save dessert for another visit.
We were seated against the wall that seperates Concourse from Chef Mickeys, and we could hear the music, but it was not too loud.
This one wasn't an instant favorite, but the food was quickly prepared and tasty, and the service was very good. I will visit again.

Thanks for the review. We are going here this Friday! Can't wait!! Everything sounds so yummy!

Around what time did you go?

Wow....that food sounds right up my street. I've never eaten there, but I know I really must - I just somehow never seem to have time to fit it in!

A great review of what I consider the most underrated restaurant in WDW. It was always our first dinner when we vacationd here (moved to Orlando a month ago) and never a bod meal. We really like it for breakfast and lunch too. It has what I call a "dart board menu" - throw a dart, anyting it hits will be good!

Thanks for the review! I love the Concourse Steakhouse. They have a great breakfast and dinner is yummy too. :D

Steve Concourse is a safe bet for our family too. DW and twin DD's are dedicated carnivores. I enjoy it because of the history of the hotel and the monorail going by. It's nice and dark and comfortable after a day in the sunshine. Also the shops nearby are some of the best on property.

Thanks for the review Steve. DH and I went to the Concourse Steakhouse in August and enjoyed it. He had steak and I had BBQ chicken and both were very good. I also had a non-alcoholic drink (the name escapes me now) which was out of this world. The service was quick and friendly.

My only complaint (and it's really minor) is the upholstery could use a little updating. And if that's the only complaint, I'd say the place is a winner.:D

Oh, and we also finished dinner just minutes before the fireworks, and high tailed it up to the 15th floor to check them out on the observation deck. A perfect ending to a great meal.:D

This is one of our fav resturants at Disney. We've eaten there many times & always loved our meals.

The CM's are very accomadating to changing the way a dish is prepared, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter