Confirmation: Fastpass+ Cancelled inside 30 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdominy

Mouseketeer
We had to cancel our onsite reservation because our party changed and we will be staying off-site now. The entire trip was within 30 days and I received an email warning me that my fastpasses would be cancelled today (Sunday, May 12).

They were in fact cancelled today and I had to rebook everything.

I know a lot of people have been wondering if this would take effect and just wanted to provide some first hand information since there has been plenty of people experimenting and still some people not having passes cancelled.

We had to cancel our onsite reservation because our party changed and we will be staying off-site now. The entire trip was within 30 days and I received an email warning me that my fastpasses would be cancelled today (Sunday, May 12).

They were in fact cancelled today and I had to rebook everything.

I know a lot of people have been wondering if this would take effect and just wanted to provide some first hand information since there has been plenty of people experimenting and still some people not having passes cancelled.

That's poopy. :worried: Were you able to get back everything like you had it? Did you have any of the headliners....7DMT, SDD or FoP? I thought if you were within 30 days you were supposed to be okay? Am I wrong once again @hiroMYhero :guilty:

I thought if you were within 30 days you were supposed to be okay? Am I wrong once again @hiroMYhero :guilty:
There has been ongoing research to determine if/when the ‘inside 30 days’ actual cancellation would go into effect. The 60-31 timeframe cancellation went into effect a few weeks ago.

@rdominy - Does your party have regular ticket media, APs, or a mix of ticket types?

There has been ongoing research to determine if/when the ‘inside 30 days’ actual cancellation would go into effect. The 60-31 timeframe cancellation went into effect a few weeks ago.

@rdominy - Does your party have regular ticket media, APs, or a mix of ticket types?

Half of my party has APs (but we only had 7 days worth of fastpasses so that wouldn't have triggered by going over). The other half of our party has 8 day tickets.

We were able to get most of everything back the way we had it (I did print off my plan before I cancelled just in case). We were obviously not able to get FOP or Slinky Dog back...we had both of those on multiple days. We were able to get later in the day fastpasses to other headliners like 7DMT, Alien SS, and everything at Epcot. Required some rearranging of events, but we will make it work.

Making a plan to get to ride FOP and Slinky Dog.

Half of my party has APs (but we only had 7 days worth of fastpasses so that wouldn't have triggered by going over). The other half of our party has 8 day tickets.

We were able to get most of everything back the way we had it (I did print off my plan before I cancelled just in case). We were obviously not able to get FOP or Slinky Dog back...we had both of those on multiple days. We were able to get later in the day fastpasses to other headliners like 7DMT, Alien SS, and everything at Epcot. Required some rearranging of events, but we will make it work.

Making a plan to get to ride FOP and Slinky Dog.
Thanks for reporting!

It’s great info for those who must cancel onsite reservations and stay offsite... best to Cancel as soon as possible, clear booked FPs, and rebook at 30 days out from each offsite park date.

I'm so sorry you were inconvenienced! Nevertheless, I'm glad about the new rule being enforced. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for reporting @rdominy . I 'liked' your post for the report, but it's unfortunate this happened to you. But very glad you were able to get things back!

Having all one's FP poof inside of 30 days is a terrifying thought. We have been known to swap resorts a lot as we get closer to our trip, but usually it's onsite to onsite. Which I assume will be OK, and these reports help figure out the "rules".

Probably everyone else has figured this out, but I'm still a bit confused. Did the OP make his FP+ at 60 days out because of his onsite stay, and so his FP+ were cancelled by virtue of having been made that early? Would any FP+ made at 30 days or less remain intact, as anyone can make FP+ then, onsite or not?. I hope these questions make sense.

Did the OP make his FP+ at 60 days out because of his onsite stay, and so his FP+ were cancelled by virtue of having been made that early?
Not by virtue of being made early. Canceled by the system because an onsite stay was not linked to MDX when it ran a sweep of FPs that had been booked based on an onsite stay.

Anyone with valid tickets has an open 30 day booking window and can book FPs without needing a linked onsite stay.

Can you share the wording of the email. Did it say you could keep them if an onsite reservation were made for the dates like some others have reported?

I cancelled on Friday and received an email on Saturday for EACH day I had Fastpasses scheduled.

This is what the email said:
We see a change has occurred that impacts your eligibility for the following FastPass+ experiences on 06/08/2019:

Slinky Dog Dash – New!
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
If action is not taken to restore your eligibility, these FastPass+ selections are subject to cancellation on 05/12/2019.

To keep your FastPass+ selections, by 05/12/2019, you may need to:

• Purchase another ticket and link it to your My Disney Experience account.
  • Link a ticket you already have to your My Disney Experience account.
  • Link an eligible Resort Reservation to your My Disney Experience account.

I cancelled on Friday and received an email on Saturday for EACH day I had Fastpasses scheduled.

This is what the email said:
We see a change has occurred that impacts your eligibility for the following FastPass+ experiences on 06/08/2019:

Slinky Dog Dash – New!
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
If action is not taken to restore your eligibility, these FastPass+ selections are subject to cancellation on 05/12/2019.

To keep your FastPass+ selections, by 05/12/2019, you may need to:

• Purchase another ticket and link it to your My Disney Experience account.
  • Link a ticket you already have to your My Disney Experience account.
  • Link an eligible Resort Reservation to your My Disney Experience account.

What were the exact dates for your June fastpasses? Was June 8th your first fastpass date?

It’s best for this thread to remain on the topic of Cancellation of FPs within the 30 day arrival window after an onsite room was canceled.

Keeping FPs intact, which were booked using an onsite 60-day window, requires a valid onsite reservation linked to the MDX account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter