CONFIRMED covid-19 family knew they tested positive and chose to visit WDW and fly on a plane

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 544981

I saw this posted on another site. I wouldn't be surprised this happens a lot.

I feel terrible for this family, but most common sense is really escaping individuals these days. There is a pandemic and it's out of control right now. Put a couple of magicbands under the tree and celebrate that the Disney trip is imminent. The kids won't know the difference.

On a broader scope, if you go to Disney right now, you should know that there are individuals that aren't taking serious enough. You can certainty expect Disney to hold up their end of the bargain, but to expect guest members to act altruistic is flawed thinking.

If you want to be safe, just freakin' wait.

It's still a vacation.

How can you claim that cash is one way the virus spreads 5 posts above and then admit it’s never been studied and it’s unknown if it actually spreads through cash. Is it possible? Sure. But I don’t think we can assume it’s true

Because it is well known that Covid can survive on paper for up to 36 hours. The spread factor on paper surfaces has never been studied in detail.

that said probability theory dictates if paper use increases the number of covid infections from paper surfaces will increase as well.

there is a reason the big stores are using paperless receipts. The less paper handled the lower probability of transmission

View attachment 544981

I understand being stressed out and heartbroken about needing to cancel a trip. I even understand saying "I have no idea what to do!" even through you know what to do. It's all part of processing the disappointment.

Her travel planner should be ashamed of themselves.

I understand being stressed out and heartbroken about needing to cancel a trip. I even understand saying "I have no idea what to do!" even through you know what to do. It's all part of processing the disappointment.

Her travel planner should be ashamed of themselves.

Yeah, I can totally understand feeling like "can I come up with some other answer/solution than the one I know I really need to accept because it sucks" ...

... But sometimes adulting sucks

Regarding that picture, there was also a post I saw a few weeks ago that said people were making up stories about going on vacation (not Disney specific) knowing they have covid, but the posts were used to scare people out of taking vacations rather than telling a real situation. Not saying this is the same type of situation, but it’s a new tactic being used through the means of “travel shaming”.

Regarding that picture, there was also a post I saw a few weeks ago that said people were making up stories about going on vacation (not Disney specific) knowing they have covid, but the posts were used to scare people out of taking vacations rather than telling a real situation. Not saying this is the same type of situation, but it’s a new tactic being used through the means of “travel shaming”.

Life is wild right now. In my neck of the woods you get shamed for NOT “living your life.”

Life is wild right now. In my neck of the woods you get shamed for NOT “living your life.”

Oh absolutely. My own family is split on this issue. I’m just saying that there’s a real morality issue when we start having people lie (no matter which side) to hope people follow them in their own ways

Yes! "I refuse to live my life in fear!"
Sigh. It's the black and white world we live in - there's a huge area in between "Living life in fear" and "Living life recklessly"...

As for that picture....oie. There's a good part of the problem....people actually advised them to still go 🤦 Not that we should be surprised though - this has been an issue long before Covid - people still going despite having contagious illnesses.

Because it is well known that Covid can survive on paper for up to 36 hours. The spread factor on paper surfaces has never been studied in detail.

that said probability theory dictates if paper use increases the number of covid infections from paper surfaces will increase as well.

there is a reason the big stores are using paperless receipts. The less paper handled the lower probability of transmission

Actually the big stores are still accepting cash, except at self checkout, but cards or contactless are preferable, but not because of covid concerns, but because of a nationwide coin shortage. And I’ve not gone to a store that hasn’t offered me a paper receipt. I don’t take them, especially on things I’m not going to return because it’s a waste of paper, not because I think I’m going to catch covid from a receipt printer

Last edited:

Probability theory dictates... LOL

While I'm sure your intentions are good (encouraging others to be safe), you really shouldn't be making speculative statements that aren't accurate which will only serve to increase anxiety in others.

I found this regarding covid transmission via cash:
Covid-19 Transmission Risk From Using Cash is Low, Study Finds

EDIT: I'm editing my post, as I realize there were initially concerns about the possibility of transmitting covid via touching cash (bank notes)... and I don't mean to imply you're lying.

Last edited:
So here's my question... I thought airlines were supposed to be screening passengers before they board? So... what happened here? I mean if he was sick enough to die on the plane with Covid symptoms, someone dropped the ball in screening.
People have learned how to hide their symptoms. That whole taking people's temperature is a joke. The airlines aren't giving Covid tests to passengers before they board.

Actually the big stores are still accepting cash, except at self checkout, but cards or contactless are preferable, but not because of covid concerns, but because of a nationwide coin shortage. And I’ve not gone to a store that hasn’t offered me a paper receipt. I don’t take them, especially on things I’m not going to return because it’s a waste of paper, not because I think I’m going to catch covid from a receipt printer
My state has rules about cash sales. A business can't discriminate against a person that is financially unable to have a credit or debit card.

Probability theory dictates... LOL

While I'm sure your intentions are good (encouraging others to be safe), you really shouldn't be making speculative statements that aren't accurate which will only serve to increase anxiety in others.

I found this regarding covid transmission via cash:
Covid-19 Transmission Risk From Using Cash is Low, Study Finds

EDIT: I'm editing my post, as I realize there were initially concerns about the possibility of transmitting covid via touching cash (bank notes)... and I don't mean to imply you're lying.

at least in my area, the stores have signs up saying please use contactless payment if possible and if using cash please use exact change. Also stores are not using signatures on CC transactions.

a call to the state states they are discouraging the use of cash during covid because of the POSSIBILITY of transmission.

So here's my question... I thought airlines were supposed to be screening passengers before they board? So... what happened here? I mean if he was sick enough to die on the plane with Covid symptoms, someone dropped the ball in screening.
I’m guessing he took a fever reducing med (if he had a fever) and obviously lied on the screening questions. the entire family should be criminally charged and fined

View attachment 544981

Covid or not who onlhy gets 4 and 6 years old a trip for Christmas. At that age they love unwrapping things. Maybe not spending as much on other things if a trip is the big gift but still I would have planned on having at least a few smaller items such as things they can do on the plane or in the room while waiting for everyone to be ready to go each day. Waiting for mom to style sister's hair here is a peel and stick coloring book to do or a small under 50 piece puzzle.

I would say cancel the trip and order some craft kits and stuff from a store like michaels even some paper and different things like markers and colored pencils along with some perler beads and stuff like a sand art kit or scratch art kit are easily found in a craft type store that would have curbside pickup. Get a relative or neighbor who lives outside your household to pickup the order for you and leave it on your front porch and then call you as they are walking away. There are even more things like a knitting loom that a 6 year old can do just because a neurotypical 6 year old is going to have more fine motor control than a neurotypical 4 year old.

Covid or not who onlhy gets 4 and 6 years old a trip for Christmas. At that age they love unwrapping things. Maybe not spending as much on other things if a trip is the big gift but still I would have planned on having at least a few smaller items such as things they can do on the plane or in the room while waiting for everyone to be ready to go each day. Waiting for mom to style sister's hair here is a peel and stick coloring book to do or a small under 50 piece puzzle.

I would say cancel the trip and order some craft kits and stuff from a store like michaels even some paper and different things like markers and colored pencils along with some perler beads and stuff like a sand art kit or scratch art kit are easily found in a craft type store that would have curbside pickup. Get a relative or neighbor who lives outside your household to pickup the order for you and leave it on your front porch and then call you as they are walking away. There are even more things like a knitting loom that a 6 year old can do just because a neurotypical 6 year old is going to have more fine motor control than a neurotypical 4 year old.

That’s why I’m saying this is a little suspect. In a year where nothing is certain, booking a Christmas vacation for your children, and not taking precautions in order to take that trip without issue. And that’s all you got them? Somethings fishy here. And your “travel advisor” said it’s ok to travel with covid? I’m calling BS. This is probablysomeone trying to scare people in a Disney “junkies” group with a false threat of them unleashing covid on the parks in hopes that some of them cancel their trips

That’s why I’m saying this is a little suspect. In a year where nothing is certain, booking a Christmas vacation for your children, and not taking precautions in order to take that trip without issue. And that’s all you got them? Somethings fishy here. And your “travel advisor” said it’s ok to travel with covid? I’m calling BS. This is probablysomeone trying to scare people in a Disney “junkies” group with a false threat of them unleashing covid on the parks in hopes that some of them cancel their trips

I know someone who is doing that, although I’m guessing her kids also have small things to unwrap. I agree it’s not the greatest idea during such uncertain times but they’re not my kids.

Honestly I have no problem believing someone *would* post or think something like that sincerely, whether or not that specific one is true. Before Covid people would proudly speak of powering through illnesses because their love of Disney was stronger (or anything really, someone proudly told me a story of their kid puking throughout trick or treating before because he was so “determined”). When plans are made, money is spent, and anticipation is happening it can be really hard for people to make the right decision. I think someone already said it, but even people who know the right thing may sometimes still ask things like that because they need it confirmed by others for their own sanity. Also there are all sorts of people out there who believe Covid is BS and people should live their lives, no reason some of those aren’t travel agents.

If Covid has taught me one thing it’s that I had way too much faith in humans and their willingness to do the right thing before. I giggle every time someone talks about how in an actual zombie apocalypse humans would be running towards the zombies because “you can’t tell me not to!!”

I know someone who is doing that, although I’m guessing her kids also have small things to unwrap. I agree it’s not the greatest idea during such uncertain times but they’re not my kids.

Honestly I have no problem believing someone *would* post or think something like that sincerely, whether or not that specific one is true. Before Covid people would proudly speak of powering through illnesses because their love of Disney was stronger (or anything really, someone proudly told me a story of their kid puking throughout trick or treating before because he was so “determined”). When plans are made, money is spent, and anticipation is happening it can be really hard for people to make the right decision. I think someone already said it, but even people who know the right thing may sometimes still ask things like that because they need it confirmed by others for their own sanity. Also there are all sorts of people out there who believe Covid is BS and people should live their lives, no reason some of those aren’t travel agents.

If Covid has taught me one thing it’s that I had way too much faith in humans and their willingness to do the right thing before. I giggle every time someone talks about how in an actual zombie apocalypse humans would be running towards the zombies because “you can’t tell me not to!!”

But if they’re even getting as far as to ask if it’s OK to get validation from a Disney group, chances are they’re not one of those people that don’t believe in Covid. Those type of people would go on the trip and then bring it up as a badge of honor. Not ask for permission first.

I’ve lost faith in humanity long ago. I was absolutely shocked that this country did 3 weeks in lockdown with little pushback. But 20 year olds eating tide pods. Wanting to storm Area 51. Yeah, I’m not the least bit surprised that this country can’t work their way through this, and I honestly stopped trying to fight the good fight around June. It’s pointless. People will do what they want to do. No one is going to convince them otherwise. It’s unfortunate, but also very true. Your beautiful land of Canada deserves these nice things like 6 Disney Parks more than we do

granted I am pretty cynical but I am waiting to see a link to the go fund me page for raising funds to buy last minute gifts for the kids (that may or may not actually exist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter