Confirmed MSEP to stop and move to DL Oct. 9th

This just sucks! I'll miss MSEP by about two weeks. I was already depressed about Big Thunder being closed down for rehab during my upcoming trip and now this. I'll be in a state of Disney depression for most of the day!!! :worried:

I think what bothers me most is how tone deaf Disney always seems to be. Oct 1 is MK's 45th anniversary and their announcement is that in its honor we are taking away the nighttime parade???? Sure, they can announce something new/old is coming later on, but taking it away without going ahead with any replacement as WDW celebrates its 45th is just so uncaring about your customers (sorry, "guests" isn't how we are looked at anymore.)

As I said in another thread on this subject, my main complaint is that we are expected to plan our park days so far in advance, but then they go and do things like this, or withhold details about things like evening entertainment at AK, and it just makes for a frustrating experience all around. Grrr.

As I said in another thread on this subject, my main complaint is that we are expected to plan our park days so far in advance, but then they go and do things like this, or withhold details about things like evening entertainment at AK, and it just makes for a frustrating experience all around. Grrr.

I can totally sympathise! We're there from 4th-18th October and it's been so frustrating booking FP+ and dining reservations without any confirmation of whether the AK evening entertainment will continue. I'm also planning on booking the Star Wars dessert party, but again I can't do that as there is nothing confirmed after 24th September. Bearing in mind they encourage booking dining at 180 days and FP+ at 60 (or 30 for off-site) I feel like it's bad planning on their part.

Yes, it's really to the point of the absurd. Plan your dining 180 days out, plan your Fastpasses 60 days out, but we're not going to give you any firm park hours or entertainment schedules until we feel like it, which could be 30 days out or less. :mad:

Pretty bummed no MSEP for our day after thanksgiving trip..

On a non party night, level 9 or 10 day, without the parade to occupy 30k people, the only question will be will those 30k leave, or will they be in the ride queues?

Pretty bummed no MSEP for our day after thanksgiving trip..

On a non party night, level 9 or 10 day, without the parade to occupy 30k people, the only question will be will those 30k leave, or will they be in the ride queues?

I would think most would still wait for the Fireworks but then really head out after Wishes is over vs nights when there was a parade after Wishes

We will be there on the 9th of Oct to see the final run of MSEP. Has anyone heard of the replacement parade or if there will be anything at all?????

57 Days till WDW

@rteetz i don't know the WDW Magoc boards as well as you do, but a member named Articos said this:

MK will not be without for too long. They really don't handle these announcements well.

Is he a reliable source?
Yes Articos works for the company I believe.

Yes Articos works for the company I believe.

Well maybe something good will come from all of this. I will say that they certainly didn't do a good job handling this like they should have. I don't understand how they don't get not having an announcement regarding a replacement was a good idea. Even if it's running FoF at night or gasp, running the halloween/christmas parades all season every night, they need something and they need an answer quick.

I agree that Disney trained us consumers to plan well in advance and now it feels like we are being "punished" for doing so. I am not being snarky when I say this, but if people were to voice their complaints directly to WDW as often as is done here, *maybe* they would start to listen...

Why does a parade have to be exclusive to one park? I get the US parks needing different parades, but why can't a foreign park and US park have the same ones? Most people aren't able to visit the other countries' parks so this would give the guests in both places an opportunity to see the best of the parades. Or does TDL hold rights to their parade that doesn't allow them to share their entertainment?

Also, the MSEP going back to DL, IMO, isn't really that great of news. It ran in DCA for awhile not long ago and unless they update it, the parade may not be well received, especially if it means losing PTN.

Hey,
I have an idea...how about they unbox all the Osborne lights that didn't get shipped back to the Osborne family, and put them up in Main Street???? That would be cool...I'd actually like that better than a parade...

Remember, you heard it here first!! (Kidding of course, but wouldn't it be cool????)

Why does a parade have to be exclusive to one park? I get the US parks needing different parades, but why can't a foreign park and US park have the same ones? Most people aren't able to visit the other countries' parks so this would give the guests an opportunity to see the best of the parades.
Or does TDL hold rights to their parade that doesn't allow them to share their entertainment?
A foreign park and a US park can and already do have the same parade. Hong Kong and Disneyland both have paint the night. Tokyo is a different animal though. Tokyo is not owned at all by the Disney company. Tokyo pays for what they want and Dreamlights for example is something they truly love there. They continue to update it every year and it's much longer than any other night parade.

I've noticed that the MNSSHP on Halloween night hasn't sold out yet (sold out last year on Aug 2 or 3). Any chance party ticket sales are severely depressed so far this year and they're pulling the trigger on this to force people to purchase tickets if they want to see a parade at all? I've already seen a couple people this morning talking about having now purchased party tickets in light of this news (I believe they were talking about MVMCP in this particular case) so Disney's plan may be working perfectly already.

They are clearly planning on either extending that date or having something replace it... you are still able to book the MSEP dining package past October 9.

I've noticed that the MNSSHP on Halloween night hasn't sold out yet (sold out last year on Aug 2 or 3). Any chance party ticket sales are severely depressed so far this year and they're pulling the trigger on this to force people to purchase tickets if they want to see a parade at all? I've already seen a couple people this morning talking about having now purchased party tickets in light of this news (I believe they were talking about MVMCP in this particular case) so Disney's plan may be working perfectly already.
I'm surprised Halloween isn't sold out yet. Usually that night sells the fastest. My guess part of it has to do with the increase in prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter