Confirmed MSEP to stop and move to DL Oct. 9th

So I'm not up to date on wdw parades. Am I correct the DHS and AK have already lost their parades in recent years and now MK losing its night parade as well? Makes me wonder if all parades will be gone from wdw by 2020......?

Keep in mind for those that say they don't care, that parade takes a lot of guests out of lines. I know we have used that time to go to meet and greets/rides and seen MAJOR decreases in stand by time from the hour before the parades. You will no longer have that break where you can get a few of the more popular rides in with lower wait times. Still sitting here in amazement at how you could treat your largest and most popular park the way they are.

So I'm not up to date on wdw parades. Am I correct the DHS and AK have already lost their parades in recent years and now MK losing its night parade as well? Makes me wonder if all parades will be gone from wdw by 2020......?
Yes DHS and AK lost their parades mainly due to construction but I can't see MK losing its parade. They won't have a nighttime parade but they won't be without one long.

They lost their paraded around the MK lost their day parade. That was replaced by a new parade months later. Entertainment is always subject to change.

Just a thought that I had today. I recall when the announcements for Festival of Fantasy came out there was a tiny blurb about it being a duel purpose parade, meaning it would be the day time parade and then "transform" at night. Is it possible that we are finally going to see that or was that scrapped past that one time it was ever mentioned as such? I tried to find the blog that said it but came up empty so maybe I'm just miss remembering that announcement.

Just a thought that I had today. I recall when the announcements for Festival of Fantasy came out there was a tiny blurb about it being a duel purpose parade, meaning it would be the day time parade and then "transform" at night. Is it possible that we are finally going to see that or was that scrapped past that one time it was ever mentioned as such? I tried to find the blog that said it but came up empty so maybe I'm just miss remembering that announcement.
Festival of fantasy could run twice a day if needed. However they would need to use the Christmas parade flood lights above Main Street a bit since the parade is not fully lit. FoF does have some lights but not enough to work without any lighting on Main Street.

Keep in mind for those that say they don't care, that parade takes a lot of guests out of lines. I know we have used that time to go to meet and greets/rides and seen MAJOR decreases in stand by time from the hour before the parades. You will no longer have that break where you can get a few of the more popular rides in with lower wait times.

Very true. However you better be in the area of the park you want to be in because once the parade starts it's a huge hassle to get to a different area. At AK there are times when you could literally be trapped until the parade finished.

Last year, the party on Halloween sold out on 8/3/2015 so we're two weeks over last year's sell out date.

Last year the party on Halloween was around $80 - $85 dollars per person (can't remember adult vs child pricing), right? This year it's $105 per adult, $100 per child. Could be a couple things:

1.) They increased the quantity of tickets they are selling for the Halloween night.

2.) Less people have vacations planned for that time than historically, so there are less people "available" to buy the ticket for that party.

3.) They finally hit the cap on the price that people are willing to spend.

We shall see when/if the Halloween night sells out. I have a feeling it eventually will, but who knows!

Festival of fantasy could run twice a day if needed. However they would need to use the Christmas parade flood lights above Main Street a bit since the parade is not fully lit. FoF does have some lights but not enough to work without any lighting on Main Street.

Honestly - I'd be pretty cool with that as a solution as the sun/heat at 3pm can be pretty tough and generally during out "mid-day" break

Plus like how some rides are different experiences during the day vs during the evening I am sure the same would be with the parade

Last year the party on Halloween was around $80 - $85 dollars per person (can't remember adult vs child pricing), right? This year it's $105 per adult, $100 per child. Could be a couple things:

1.) They increased the quantity of tickets they are selling for the Halloween night.

2.) Less people have vacations planned for that time than historically, so there are less people "available" to buy the ticket for that party.

We shall see when/if the Halloween night sells out. I have a feeling it eventually will, but who knows!

Probably a combination of all three but especially that it seems like attendance is down at WDW period this year, so that is fewer people just in aggregate and then I recall a lot of people feeling negative about the big price increase and that is probably detracting people too

I've been wondering about this too. It would be the simplest option, they know how to do it well and all the components work. I'm sure it would be relatively simple to add some new lighting components to the floats as well, definitely easier than moving a parade here or creating something new at this point. Presumably they could add the elements on bit by bit and only turn on the lights so-to-speak when everything is all finished. Could be quite nice. I wouldn't even mind the normal parade with the main street lights on.

I just hope they do -something-. To me, the idea of MK without a night time parade is so sad. :sad1:

If they don't run anything as some sort of cost-savings measure it will cross a line for me. We're thinking about a late fall trip but I'm still very torn about spending the money when I have so little idea about what I'll be walking into.

My money's on #3. I felt like an *** paying what I did for our tickets last year but I still did it. I would DEFINITELY not do over $100 for the party.

You know what's REALLY going to suck? When DL gives MSEP the DreamLights treatment and it's the best thing this side of TDL and we're stuck with a few CM's running down main street at night selling glow bracelets to music as the "parade." Part of me feels like DL has BIG plans for MSEP. Why would they agree to take it back if they didn't? A rehab for a final limited time run just doesn't make financial sense, especially with the way the company is being run these days.
Wishful thinking but I wish Spectromagic got the Dreamlights treatment as well.

Disney could build another "Paint the Night" parade for WDW, but likely would take a few months so I can see it being next year. As for the Night Parades this year, they could use the Christmas Parade as the night parade for this upcoming holiday season even on non Christmas Party nights, likely during Christmas week dec 24 to Jan 1st

Disney could build another "Paint the Night" parade for WDW, but likely would take a few months so I can see it being next year. As for the Night Parades this year, they could use the Christmas Parade as the night parade for this upcoming holiday season even on non Christmas Party nights, likely during Christmas week dec 24 to Jan 1st

So then you are paying over $100 for Hot chocolate (not even an exclusive parade)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter