• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confirmed reduced capacity at least though February.

insureman

DIS Veteran
Just got off of chat with DCL here is the text.

Info
at 16:42, Dec 29:
Thank you for choosing to chat with us. A Disney Cruise Line Cast Member will be with you shortly. If you are having challenges logging into your reservation, please call our Website Resolution Team at 800-951-3532.

Info
You are now chatting with Anne.

Anne
Hello. My name is Anne. How may I assist you today?

Tom
at 16:43, Dec 29:

Hi Anne, Do you know what the capacity percentage will be in February?

Anne
at 16:44, Dec 29:
Tom, I will be happy to assist!

Anne
Considering guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other health experts, we’re reducing Guest capacity aboard our ships

Anne
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/on-the-ship-us/

Tom
at 16:45, Dec 29:

Even for February cruises. We are on the Fantasy Feb 26th

Anne
at 16:46, Dec 29:
Yes, we still are sailing at a reduced capacity.

Tom

OK thanks

Anne
You are welcome.

Tom
at 16:48, Dec 29:

Have Happy New Year!

Anne
We thank you for contacting Disney Cruise Line and it has been my pleasure to assist you today. If you have a moment, please complete the survey at the end of the chat.

Anne
at 16:50, Dec 29:
Have a magical day!

Info
at 16:52, Dec 29:
Thank you for contacting Disney Cruise Line!

Just got off of chat with DCL here is the text.

Info
Thank you for choosing to chat with us. A Disney Cruise Line Cast Member will be with you shortly. If you are having challenges logging into your reservation, please call our Website Resolution Team at 800-951-3532.

Info
You are now chatting with Anne.

Anne
Hello. My name is Anne. How may I assist you today?

Tom
at 16:43, Dec 29:

Hi Anne, Do you know what the capacity percentage will be in February?

Anne
Tom, I will be happy to assist!

Anne
Considering guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other health experts, we’re reducing Guest capacity aboard our ships

Anne
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/on-the-ship-us/

Tom
at 16:45, Dec 29:

Even for February cruises. We are on the Fantasy Feb 26th

Anne
Yes, we still are sailing at a reduced capacity.

Tom

OK thanks

Anne
You are welcome.

Tom

Have Happy New Year!

Anne
We thank you for contacting Disney Cruise Line and it has been my pleasure to assist you today. If you have a moment, please complete the survey at the end of the chat.

Anne
at 16:50, Dec 29:
Have a magical day!

Info
at 16:52, Dec 29:
Thank you for contacting Disney Cruise Line!
Thanks for sharing that information.

Great info! I will be on that cruise. We're considering skipping our WDW stay till after the cruise because worried about testing positive at port.

I thought capacity was already reduced? I was hoping so at least since we are cruising this weekend.

Yeah I probably wouldn't believe it from a Mears (fake Disney) bus driver however I give a cast member chat in writing more credibility.
Okay, but if I had a penny for every flat out wrong piece of info I have gotten from DCL CMs on chat or on the phone.... Plus honestly I don't know how they would even know that since Disney has kept very tight lipped about its capacity limits, and has been adjusting/changing along the way. Plus, frankly, the argument could be made that capacity limits, since they are not publicly disclosed, are material nonpublic information putting that CM in violation of U.S. securities laws if they in fact have internal company confidential information about capacity plans (which I just don't believe they do). In my experience, a chat/phone CM only has access to the same info that everyone else does. Maybe this CM just deduced the obvious--that capacity is necessarily limited because decks 1 and 2 are unavailable to book for quarantine purposes and will remain so for the foreseeable future. But I highly doubt they have any further insight.

Okay, but if I had a penny for every flat out wrong piece of info I have gotten from DCL CMs on chat or on the phone.... Plus honestly I don't know how they would even know that since Disney has kept very tight lipped about its capacity limits, and has been adjusting/changing along the way. Plus, frankly, the argument could be made that capacity limits, since they are not publicly disclosed, are material nonpublic information putting that CM in violation of U.S. securities laws if they in fact have internal company confidential information about capacity plans (which I just don't believe they do). In my experience, a chat/phone CM only has access to the same info that everyone else does. Maybe this CM just deduced the obvious--that capacity is necessarily limited because decks 1 and 2 are unavailable to book for quarantine purposes and will remain so for the foreseeable future. But I highly doubt they have any further insight.
Ok then. Just looking for something positive for the people that are nervous about a full ship.

All an 8 ball right now. Fact is the Hawaiian sailings were sold out at booking. People have cancelled ( many) nothing is being added back into inventory. there have been a few exceptions as people have recently booked but these were concierge I believe ( our cruise group and I agree this is some fluke or pixie dust ) . People Who have booked have been trying desperately for over a year to book additional family. With no luck. So we all conclude DCL is trying to reduce capacity on an originally sold out cruise.

Last edited:
All an 8 ball right now. Fact is the Hawaiian sailings were sold out at booking. People have cancelled ( many) nothing is being added back into inventory. there have been a few exceptions as people have recently booked but these were concierge I believe ( our cruise group and I agree this is some fluke or pixie dust ) . People Who have booked have been trying desperately for over a year to book additional family. With no luck. So we all conclude DCL is trying to reduce capacity on an originally sold out cruise.

This is the same situation with our WBPC cruise in March. FPDD is Monday so I am sure some people are cancelling, since that happens even without a pandemic, but I never see any cabins available. Well, I did see a suite listed for one day for some astronomical amount. They sure won't let that sail empty. Anyway, I am hoping friends of ours can add on but I think there will need to be a LOT of cancellations before they start opening cabins back up for booking.

This is the same situation with our WBPC cruise in March. FPDD is Monday so I am sure some people are cancelling, since that happens even without a pandemic, but I never see any cabins available. Well, I did see a suite listed for one day for some astronomical amount. They sure won't let that sail empty. Anyway, I am hoping friends of ours can add on but I think there will need to be a LOT of cancellations before they start opening cabins back up for booking.
At the very least, they need to free up enough room to vacate decks 1 and 2 and relocate any remaining guests booked there since those are being used for quarantine and I think also some crew to allow spacing out crew members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter