• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confused about booking Royal Pacific

kas004

Earning My Ears
Hi all
We are visiting from Australia in December and want to do 3 night Dec 15 - Dec 18 at RPR.
I am considering getting the Season Pass as we will be in Orlando for 7 days and the season pass works out cheaper particularly if I can get a hotel discount.
When will the APH discounts for hotels come out for December ?
Should I just book the hotel now so I have it and then cancel & rebook if it's cheaper with the APH rates ?

Also looking at the Harry Potter Vacation Package for RPR but can't get rates online for this.
(https://www.universalorlando.com/we...s/vacation-packages/uoap-exclusive/index.html)
Apparently I have to ring up which given time differences and international calls is not so easy. Anyone know what the pricing would be for RPR for the Harry Potter vacation package for dates Dec 15- Dec 18 ? Is It worth if for the Harry Potter package - I think it only give 1 breakfast at Leaky Cauldron & a Photo ?

Thanks
K

Hi all
We are visiting from Australia in December and want to do 3 night Dec 15 - Dec 18 at RPR.
I am considering getting the Season Pass as we will be in Orlando for 7 days and the season pass works out cheaper particularly if I can get a hotel discount.
When will the APH discounts for hotels come out for December ?
Should I just book the hotel now so I have it and then cancel & rebook if it's cheaper with the APH rates ?

Also looking at the Harry Potter Vacation Package for RPR but can't get rates online for this.
(https://www.universalorlando.com/we...s/vacation-packages/uoap-exclusive/index.html)
Apparently I have to ring up which given time differences and international calls is not so easy. Anyone know what the pricing would be for RPR for the Harry Potter vacation package for dates Dec 15- Dec 18 ? Is It worth if for the Harry Potter package - I think it only give 1 breakfast at Leaky Cauldron & a Photo ?

Thanks
K

Hi yes it is better to book the room you want now and then change the rate/room if APH rates come out for your dates. This is recommended because the rooms can sell out ahead of time. The standard time for APH rates is about 2 months before. Personally we don't do vacation packages. I don't think they are worth it for the restrictions that are on it. You will have tougher cancellation fees and I don't think they always work out cheaper. We like more freedom with our reservations. I believe you are correct that you get 1 or 2 breakfast with it.

As long as you’re booking room-only.

There’s an aph thread that’s kept up showing when aph rates are showing up.

In the terms and conditions, apart from the Rosen Inn, these are the valid dates for this package. And it says you need a valid AP to book, which is different than using the aph rate.

Rate valid for bookings now – 5/31/18 and travel Sunday - Thursday; 2/1/18 - 2/15/18, 2/25/18 - 3/8/18, 4/8/18 - 5/24/18, 5/28/18 - 5/31/18.

I would be cautious about booking using the Seasonal Pass in December. Mannheim Steamroller has several concerts at that time and that might mean that you get blocked out of Universal Studios for some of your days.

These were last year's concert dates ... on Nov. 18, 19, 25 and 26, and Dec. 2, 3, 9, 10, 16 and 17 (times TBA).

I would be cautious about booking using the Seasonal Pass in December. Mannheim Steamroller has several concerts at that time and that might mean that you get blocked out of Universal Studios for some of your days.

These were last year's concert dates ... on Nov. 18, 19, 25 and 26, and Dec. 2, 3, 9, 10, 16 and 17 (times TBA).
Thanks for the info. I don't know what/who Mannheim Steamroller is but sounds like they are popular.
From what I could see on the universal site the block out dates for the Season pass in December are Dec. 22-31, 2018.
Can they change these whenever they like ?

Thanks for the info. I don't know what/who Mannheim Steamroller is but sounds like they are popular.
From what I could see on the universal site the block out dates for the Season pass in December are Dec. 22-31, 2018.
Can they change these whenever they like ?

Those block out dates (Dec. 22-31) do not include concert dates. So, yes, there definitely will be more block out dates added. Each Mannheim Steamroller concert date will make it a block out date at Universal Studios but you will still get admission to Islands of Adventure on those concert dates.

Those block out dates (Dec. 22-31) do not include concert dates. So, yes, there definitely will be more block out dates added. Each Mannheim Steamroller concert date will make it a block out date at Universal Studios but you will still get admission to Islands of Adventure on those concert dates.
Thanks heaps. Might have to look at whether they will be worth it or if I should just get park to park tickets instead.

Related question- is EVERY Mardi Gras day a blockout day for Seasonal or just the days with the big concerts (usually on the weekends)? We're thinking of going during that time next year, but the site isn't very clear on whether the daily concerts are considered blockout days or not for Seasonal.

Related question- is EVERY Mardi Gras day a blockout day for Seasonal or just the days with the big concerts (usually on the weekends)? We're thinking of going during that time next year, but the site isn't very clear on whether the daily concerts are considered blockout days or not for Seasonal.

It’s just the concert dates that Studios is blocked out.

It’s just the concert dates that Studios is blocked out.
So not for the bands shown on this page, right? https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/events/mardi-gras/index.html#food-and-music Only the days on this page? https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/events/mardi-gras/index.html#concerts

Sorry, just want to make sure I'm right on this one. Seems like the Seasonal AP would be a good deal for me if that's the case. I'll wait to buy until I'm sure there's good hotel discounts though.

Only the days on this page? https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/events/mardi-gras/index.html#concerts

Sorry, just want to make sure I'm right on this one. Seems like the Seasonal AP would be a good deal for me if that's the case. I'll wait to buy until I'm sure there's good hotel discounts though.

Yes it is just those concerts. So likely every Saturday/Sunday in late February through the beginning of April. It wasn't a big deal to us on our trip a couple weeks ago, we just went to IOA on the Sat/Sun we were there. The hotel discount more than made up for any issue of having to schedule our days at US the other days during our trip.

Yes it is just those concerts. So likely every Saturday/Sunday in late February through the beginning of April. It wasn't a big deal to us on our trip a couple weeks ago, we just went to IOA on the Sat/Sun we were there. The hotel discount more than made up for any issue of having to schedule our days at US the other days during our trip.
Excellent, thanks. We'll probably be going during the week so it won't affect us.

If you want to get an idea of rates try looking at the room rates using the Florida resident rate. Those rates are usually the same essay no passholder

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter