• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confused about exactly when I can book onboard activities...

Angeliki19

DIS Veteran
Hi! I am paid in full and my DCL app says I can begin booking onboard activities AFTER January 7. Does this mean I am staying up until midnight on the 7th, so that the minute it becomes the 8th, I am booking? Or am I booking at 12:00 AM on the 7th? TIA!

Agree with above but just adding --- you can look at the typically offered excursions in each port as soon as you book the cruise (maybe before). I. Usually go through them and pick the 2-3 in each port that we are interested in. Then when my window opens, I'm good to go.

When you log into your reservation at disneycruise.disney.go.com , if it says your booking window opens on January 7, be logged in by 11:58pm January 6 to choose your excursions, Palo, tastings, etc. Midnight is go time!
Thank you this is so helpful! On the website it says it’s ON January 7, but in the DCL app it says AFTER January 7 so that is where my confusion was coming from!

Agree with above but just adding --- you can look at the typically offered excursions in each port as soon as you book the cruise (maybe before). I. Usually go through them and pick the 2-3 in each port that we are interested in. Then when my window opens, I'm good to go.
I am still pretty new to this whole cruising thing. Where can I look up a reliable list of the excursions?

I am still pretty new to this whole cruising thing. Where can I look up a reliable list of the excursions?
Go to the port adventures section of the DCL website and then pick where you are cruising. You can then pick the port you are stopping at. It will show you excursions available. You can also go non port adventures excursions you book yourself not through Disney.

If you look at the excursions in the Port Adventures section of the Disney Cruise website, be aware that these are excursions that have been offered in the past and may be (but are not guaranteed to be) offered in the future.

For ports that are frequently visited, such as in the Bahamas and the Eastern and Western Caribbean, the list is generally still accurate. For less-frequently visited ports, such as those in Europe, some of the previous excursions may not be offered again.

You won’t know for sure what is available on your cruise until your booking date. If you are in a group with people who are sailing Concierge or have cruised before and can book earlier than you, you can ask them to check on specific activities. As mentioned above, you can also search online to see if activities that Disney is not offering can be booked with other companies.

Last edited:
If you want Palo Brunch try and book that first as it’s very popular although it may already be gone to higher tiers or those sailing concierge, but don’t despair once you are boarded you can try and get a spot as they reserve some to give out on boarding day.
After that maybe have a priority of things you’d like to do like tastings or shore excursions and book in that order.

If you want Palo Brunch try and book that first as it’s very popular although it may already be gone to higher tiers or those sailing concierge, but don’t despair once you are boarded you can try and get a spot as they reserve some to give out on boarding day.
After that maybe have a priority of things you’d like to do like tastings or shore excursions and book in that order.
As a first time cruiser, Palo Brunch probably won't be available initially unless it's not a very full cruise.

That being said, people WILL cancel Palo Brunch reservations as their cruise approaches. Plans change, people change their minds, and some people book everything they can initially and then filter what they want as the cruise approaches. A first time cruiser will likely be able to find a Palo Brunch reservation down the line if they keep checking the DCL app or site.

Thank you this is so helpful! On the website it says it’s ON January 7, but in the DCL app it says AFTER January 7 so that is where my confusion was coming from!
Yeah, it means "AFTER midnight on January 7." I know that's not what it says and it's confusing, but that's what it means.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter