• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confused about Magic Bands!!

Martini Mom

Earning My Ears
My daughter and I will be spending 4 days at Port Orleans-French Quarter in early May. Our plan is to head to HS as soon as we arrive, after dropping our things at the hotel. We understand we will pick up our Magic Bands at the hotel. Do we have to activate them before we use them? Is this a long process? Thanks in advance for your help!

My daughter and I will be spending 4 days at Port Orleans-French Quarter in early May. Our plan is to head to HS as soon as we arrive, after dropping our things at the hotel. We understand we will pick up our Magic Bands at the hotel. Do we have to activate them before we use them? Is this a long process? Thanks in advance for your help!
Technically your magic bands are already active in your account right now. They will be at the front desk and you will need to use it to set your PIN before you head off anyway, won't take any extra time. If you have the Canadian discounted tickets attached to your trip THOSE will need to be activated by showing your passports before you enter the park (either at a ticket booth or a Guest Relations)

Have a blast!

Our MB were activated before we even arrived at the parks via MDE. As pp said this is only done if you bought the tickets directly from Disney and they are NOT the Canadian discounted tickets. If you had any old MB fro a previous visit those are still active as well (provided you haven't deactivated) and you can use them to get on the ME bus if you are making use of the service.

Did you set up your MDE account? I believe you can set up your pin and enter your credit card on line, streamlining the check in process on arrival. Also download the APP if you haven’t already. Shouldn’t be a long process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter