Confused re DVC Early Booking Date Process for June 2023

Dan1

DIS Veteran
Hi đź‘‹
DW and I and planning our first cruise in June 2023.

DCL website says for Thursday May 5, 2022:

“Disney Vacation Club Members and Adventure Insiders
Disney Vacation Club Members: Call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 starting at 8:00 AM Eastern Time to book with Reservation Points.”.

Yet we are confused. We do not want to use our DVC points ….. we want to pay cash.

On May 5th:

A. If we call DVC Members Services will they still do the booking for us if we do not want to use our DVC points?

B. Can we simply just go to the DCL web site and make our booking?

C. Must we use a travel agent to be able to make our reservation on May 5th? (We have reasons for not wanting to use a travel agent).

D. If we go thru a travel agent will they be able to make the reservation for us on May 5th?

Thanks for the clarity.

As a first time cruiser, If you want to book on DVC booking day, you'll need to call DVC, but should be able to just pay cash vs pts (only DVC member cruise require 1 person to pay with points.). You won't be able to do it online since Disney's IT is awful and the system won't know you're a DVC member. I also believe you can't book thru a travel agent (DVC is acting as travel agent in this case)... possibly could transfer it to a TA you actually want within 30 days though...after booking opens to everyone on 5/9, but you don't need to.

Previously they have not required DVC to book on points for the early booking, but maybe that has changed. It could, because it is not a guaranteed benefit.

This would be our second cruise. I’ve checked my account and it indicates Silver status. My question is on early booking day is it by phone only. If so, is it 8am EST? Or can you book online for early booking, if so, what time? Looking ahead to next itinerary release dates. TIA!

This would be our second cruise. I’ve checked my account and it indicates Silver status. My question is on early booking day is it by phone only. If so, is it 8am EST? Or can you book online for early booking, if so, what time? Looking ahead to next itinerary release dates.
Pretty sure early booking is over, so you should just be able to book online today.

This would be our second cruise. I’ve checked my account and it indicates Silver status. My question is on early booking day is it by phone only. If so, is it 8am EST? Or can you book online for early booking, if so, what time? Looking ahead to next itinerary release dates. TIA!
For the next itinerary release, If you do not have a placeholder/OBB to use, you can book online on your early booking day...opens at "8am EST/EDT"...some got in at 7:30ish. If you have an OBB, you need to call to use it.

For the next itinerary release, If you do not have a placeholder/OBB to use, you can book online on your early booking day...opens at "8am EST/EDT"...some got in at 7:30ish. If you have an OBB, you need to call to use it.
Thank you! This is what I needed. Looking ahead to next release, hopefully it will also be in October.

(We have reasons for not wanting to use a travel agent).
Sorry for asking. But would you be ok with sharing those reasons? Im thinking about working with a TA to book our first cruise next year because we don't really know how all that work. Knowing pros and cons would be helpful to decide

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter