Congrats to Frozen

AndyLL

DIS Veteran
For winning the Golden Globe.

I realize the competition wasn't great but hopefully it'll get a few more people into the theater which will help it continue its amazing run.

Too bad it didn't win Best Song.

'Please Mr Kennedy' and 'Let it Go' were expected to battle it out. The U2 song was a dark horse.

Hopefully it'll win an Oscar.

For winning the Golden Globe.

I realize the competition wasn't great...

And that's being kind. It was up against a sub-par Part II of a movie whose first film was only slightly less sub-par, and the Croods.

It was a great win and DM2 was the early favorite. DM2 is a great movie and is on it's way to over $800 million (Correction - It is over $900 Million and will end close to 1 Billion). DM was great too.

Some people hate everything popular.

supernova said:
When was "The Croods" popular?

I wasn't talking about Croods. DM2 is Despicable Me 2. It is a great movie and very popular. If they continue with quality, and due to the popularity of the minions, Uni may have a franchise on their hands. I also meant to say DM not DO was good too, meaning Despicable Me. Both are high quality excellent entertainment and extremely popular. That is why, until very recently, ME2 was the front runner and it was an accomplishment for Frozen to beat it.

When was "The Croods" popular?

The Croods were in at 72% range with top critics which isn't bad and Despicable Me 2 was in the 80s which is great.

While not every ones cup of tea both are fine movies.

I wasn't talking about Croods. DM2 is Despicable Me 2. It is a great movie and very popular. If they continue with quality, and due to the popularity of the minions, Uni may have a franchise on their hands. I also meant to say DM not DO was good too, meaning Despicable Me. Both are high quality excellent entertainment and extremely popular. That is why, until very recently, ME2 was the front runner and it was an accomplishment for Frozen to beat it.

And there's my biggest issue with Universal Studios. They seem to jump on any currently 'popular' bandwagon, tested or otherwise. The attraction was into the park before Part II was released (although they had it in the works). Yes, attractions are expensive as heck to produce and replace. But so many of their properties are stale. Could someone please explain to me why I passed a parade that featured the characters from Hop this past last month?

And there's my biggest issue with Universal Studios. They seem to jump on any currently 'popular' bandwagon, tested or otherwise. The attraction was into the park before Part II was released (although they had it in the works). Yes, attractions are expensive as heck to produce and replace. But so many of their properties are stale. Could someone please explain to me why I passed a parade that featured the characters from Hop this past last month?

Here here. Other than HP because Rowling made them, Uni doesn't have a great track record with doing justice to their properties. They builds some great rides, but Seuss land could be so much more. They seem to invest across the board instead of going full bore with the best properties. Lets see what they do after HP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter