Connect Disney Visa redemption, gift card and Disney Visa to Magic Band?

firefly1010

Earning My Ears
Hello,
Will I be able to connect my Disney redemption card, gift card and my Disney Visa to my Magic Band in the parks? My hope/plan would be to use the redemption and gift cards before any expenses would hit my Visa.

Hello,
Will I be able to connect my Disney redemption card, gift card and my Disney Visa to my Magic Band in the parks? My hope/plan would be to use the redemption and gift cards before any expenses would hit my Visa.

No you can’t. Your Magic Band actually charges back to your room. And from there it charges to your credit card on file. You can use your magic band & then go to the front desk & pay off the room charges with your gift card or rewards card. But I just pay directly with the rewards or gift card at the store or restaurant.

I have never been able to add the redemption card. Just use it like a gift card.

Hello,

We would use our MB in the parks, and then on the way back to room each night, I would stop by the front desk and pay off the charges with my redemption card. They don't typically charge the card on file until your last night, or if you hit the maximum dollars (can't remember what they are, but they are pretty high). It's easier to just pay with the card at the transaction point if possible.

We would use our MB in the parks, and then on the way back to room each night, I would stop by the front desk and pay off the charges with my redemption card. They don't typically charge the card on file until your last night, or if you hit the maximum dollars (can't remember what they are, but they are pretty high). It's easier to just pay with the card at the transaction point if possible.
Do they still put a hold on the card depending on the charges? this would be my only issue with doing this route.

Do they still put a hold on the card depending on the charges? this would be my only issue with doing this route.

From my experience, no. They track how much you have "charged" on your MB, but do not place any individual holds on your credit card for each purchase. Only when you meet the maximum threshold (I've never met that!) or on your last night they charge your credit card with the full amount of what you owe. You can verify all of this with the front desk, since things may have changed since our last visit.

From my experience, no. They track how much you have "charged" on your MB, but do not place any individual holds on your credit card for each purchase. Only when you meet the maximum threshold (I've never met that!) or on your last night they charge your credit card with the full amount of what you owe. You can verify all of this with the front desk, since things may have changed since our last visit.
When was your last visit? For a couple of years now, WDW has been putting an initial $100 hold on arrival day, and additional holds once that first $100 is spent. Paying down by gift card each day helps keep the holds down, but WDW has definitely been placing holds.

AFAIK they still do at least the initial $100 hold. Additional holds depends on your spending. We just use the Rewards Redemption Card at time of purchase and avoid charging to the MB.

I just used my gift card for all purchases at each store/table service. For mobile ordering once you start the check-out using your card on record, on the next screen you can substitute a GC or redemption card. If you miss that step, it will go directly to you CC. Mobile orders do not get charged to you MB/room, they go directly to your CC, or GC if you enter the number on the second checkout screen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter