Connecticut DVC Owners thread?

South central CT (Moodus) here. Owner at SSR, BWV, BLT and VB. Flying down in 4 weeks and then driving down in October. My daughter did the college program and then extended her program

South central CT (Moodus) here. Owner at SSR, BWV, BLT and VB. Flying down in 4 weeks and then driving down in October. My daughter did the college program and then extended her program
Hi there! We used to live in Moodus by the falls and now live across the bridge and a couple of exits south of there.

We are from the coastline along southern CT as well.

We are resale members at SSR and BWV. Just bought last year. Have been thinking about it since 2010 but DH doesn’t like Disney. After 10 years I finally just decided to go for it. Have our first trip using points in Nov.

As a kid we drove to Disney a few times. It seemed like it took forever!
DH and I don’t do long car rides together well. He gets very annoyed with traffic and I hate the pressure of being the navigator so we fly.

O.P. here!...and now here at OKW...first time staying at this Dvc and loving it! Birthday trip with DH. 1bdrm, near HospHs, view of water.
Had a horrendous flight from Westchester. Diverted to PBI due to weather to refuel and sit for a couple hours. Making up for lost time and fun ever since! Epcot bound today :figment:

+*+*Ok. Let's do this CT Thread! +*+*
We're BLT owners, and happy to be so, but enjoy the other resorts. We never drive down, but renting car now & headed to Ft Lauderdale area next.
CT owner here - unfortunately I live in Hebron CT full-time, but dream of the day I can relocate to FL, at least on a part-time basis! Enjoy your day at Epcot!

If any of you lovely Nutmeggers have found great airline deals from our CT, RI, NY even MA airports, grab your seats, then do some of us a solid and clue us in here! Thank you in advance. O.P. ✈
No deals to update but I am awaiting the Avelo route out of Tweed. Hoping prices won’t be super crazy for our end of year trip (hoping to fly out first flight on NYE and land by noon).

Central CT here (Derby). We've been members since '93 at OKW and have loved every minute of it. We are going in August having cancelled 3 trips during the pandemic. My DH and I used some of our points at HH recently and will definitely go back there again. It is nice to just relax while DH plays golf. My DD did the college program back in 2010 and still talks about it.

No deals to update but I am awaiting the Avelo route out of Tweed. Hoping prices won’t be super crazy for our end of year trip (hoping to fly out first flight on NYE and land by noon).

I just looked up Avelo! ✈️Thank you for mentioning them! I'm ten minutes from Tweed!

I see there's not too many people that like to drive here lol. :teeth:

But if anyone decides to take the road trip plunge...I have some ideas and suggestions for stops along the way, and I'd like to learn new things from others that have experience as well. We usually mosey south for about 5-6 days on our way there, doing this and that. When we head back we usually do it quickly in 3 travel days (except the last time we meandered around Hilton Head Island for a couple days to avoid a snow storm up north on the way back).

My crew will not entertain the thought of driving but I’d love to sometime. For those who do drive help me sell them on it.
The Plus side of driving:
  • No need to find a flight because you own the transportation
  • You are the Captain – You decide when to leave, when and where to have a layover, etc…
  • No check in, no boarding passes, no TSA screening – Just get in, count heads, and depart
  • Could be cheaper (depending on what you decide to do)
  • Getting there is half the fun – Lots of things to do
  • Southern food – Real Barbeque, bacon grits, biscuits and gravy, ham-hocks and collard greens, tomato pie, frog legs, pecan pie
  • Just some of the places to visit – Outer Banks, Myrtle beach, Hilton Head, Savannah, St. Augustine, Daytona Beach, Cocoa Beach, Vero Beach, Key West (Yeah, I know I’m getting a bit sidetracked now lol)
  • There are also a lot of historic places, state and national parks, military bases (I’m retired military so we find that interesting sometimes and we can use the commissaries), quirky roadside attractions, interesting people to meet
  • A car at WDW is often convenient (split stay transfers are easier, if you need to go to Wal-Mart, if you want to go off-site for some other entertainment now and then)

Is it confirmed they will have an Orlando route from Tweed?

Hey there, Northeastern CT here. DVC member since 2009. No cheap flight info to share, but I do enjoy Jetblue from TF Green and Bradley.

Hey there, Northeastern CT here. DVC member since 2009. No cheap flight info to share, but I do enjoy Jetblue from TF Green and Bradley.
We enjoy same about Bradley. And I always seem to find inexpensive parking at BDL! We just tried Westchester airport this month. Very tiny, which is fine, but parking is not close and difficult to find (geographically speaking).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter