Connecticut DVC Owners thread?

Hello, just found this thread - hooray! We are on the shoreline in CT and I’ve always wanted to connect with fellow nutmeg DVCers.

We are flying Breeze to Vero for the first time this fall. I am trying to learn more about Avis rental car drop off there. Is it at the airport or do I need transport from Avis to the airport. Reviews of Avis office there are terrible, so I’m trying to just be prepared as much as possible.
Although I haven’t used Avis out of the airport i can say it is a very small spot. I think that their hours so operation are short too. For dropping off a car I’m sure there is a drop box. If you’re at the airport at looking to have a meal CJ Cannons is a nice restaurant right at the airport. You can sit and watch the airplanes come in and out

Although I haven’t used Avis out of the airport i can say it is a very small spot. I think that their hours so operation are short too. For dropping off a car I’m sure there is a drop box. If you’re at the airport at looking to have a meal CJ Cannons is a nice restaurant right at the airport. You can sit and watch the airplanes come in and out
Thank you! I’ve heard horror stories about this particular Avis location. I think I have it figured out, but good to know their hours of operation are few.

Hello Nutmeggers! Just returned yesterday from a week in WDW and flew Avelo with no issues whatsoever. Other fam members flew JetBlue and Delta from Bradley, and had huge issues!! (To be fair, some were weather related, but others were not!)
We used Lyft for departure, and DH picked us up at return home. All but last nite at BLT lake view (2bdrm), then resort studio at GF. Decor at GF is more my taste, but there was construction to navigate. BLT room temp is MUCH cooler, and we had 90° and humid each day!
Let me know if you have an "boots on the ground" questions from a recent returnee....

Hello Nutmeggers! Just returned yesterday from a week in WDW and flew Avelo with no issues whatsoever. Other fam members flew JetBlue and Delta from Bradley, and had huge issues!! (To be fair, some were weather related, but others were not!)
We used Lyft for departure, and DH picked us up at return home. All but last nite at BLT lake view (2bdrm), then resort studio at GF. Decor at GF is more my taste, but there was construction to navigate. BLT room temp is MUCH cooler, and we had 90° and humid each day!
Let me know if you have an "boots on the ground" questions from a recent returnee....
Welcome back!

How were the crowds? I’m bracing for massive heat down there in a couple of weeks. I expected crowds but was shocked at how open dining was yesterday!

Last edited:
Welcome back!

How were the crowds? I’m bracing for massive heat down there in a couple of weeks. I expected crowds but was shocked at how open dining was yesterday!
Crowds actually not as bad as the heat and humidity!! MK had worst crowds. DS had crowding and rainstorm Friday night....not fun.
Epcot was a delight! HS was crowded in bottleneck places like Star Wars area, and the usual busy rides at HS were a Lonnnnggg wait so we skipped those. Overall, crowds were certainly not as bad as I've seen in past. We were on 15th floor of BLT, and never had to wait for elevator, so that told us a lot too.

Crowds actually not as bad as the heat and humidity!! MK had worst crowds. DS had crowding and rainstorm Friday night....not fun.
Epcot was a delight! HS was crowded in bottleneck places like Star Wars area, and the usual busy rides at HS were a Lonnnnggg wait so we skipped those. Overall, crowds were certainly not as bad as I've seen in past. We were on 15th floor of BLT, and never had to wait for elevator, so that told us a lot too.
Thank you! I was so surprised yesterday when I saw so many normally hard to get reservations (Storybook Dining, CRT, Akershus) were wide open. The kids had a tough time picking one but finally opted to do a Fantasmic dining package at 50s Prime Time. They tried talking me into more but DH quickly squashed that by telling them more park meals meant no BBB or Olaf’s picnic on the Wish.

Hi all! So glad to find a CT DVC owner's thread! My name is Jen and I live in Newtown with my husband and our twins. We have been DVC owners since 2018 and can't wait for our upcoming trip at the end of July/beginning of August. Sure it will be as hot as the sun, but we were there last year at the same time and found that as long as we took a break mid-day/early afternoon, we were fine. We own at CCV, though we are staying at BLT due to the proximity to MK - can't beat that walk at the end of the night rather than waiting for a bus or the monorail :-) Anyway, nice to chat with everyone!!

Hi, Connecticut people. I'd forgotten-you have the most beautiful state! We just spent a week in Woodstock Connecticut (part of the "Quiet Corner" if I remember right) burying both my parents in East Woodstock Cemetery. Although the main purpose of our visit was there in Woodstock, we traveled up and down the back roads of a large part of the state. Gosh-it's so beautiful-and we weren't even there in fall, which used to be my favorite season when we lived there. Enjoy!

Hi, Connecticut people. I'd forgotten-you have the most beautiful state! We just spent a week in Woodstock Connecticut (part of the "Quiet Corner" if I remember right) burying both my parents in East Woodstock Cemetery. Although the main purpose of our visit was there in Woodstock, we traveled up and down the back roads of a large part of the state. Gosh-it's so beautiful-and we weren't even there in fall, which used to be my favorite season when we lived there. Enjoy!
I’m so very sorry for your loss.

It is the quiet corner of the state but quite lovely.

Hi all! So glad to find a CT DVC owner's thread! My name is Jen and I live in Newtown with my husband and our twins.

Hi Jen! Welcome to the CT owner's thread :wave:

we are staying at BLT due to the proximity to MK - can't beat that walk at the end of the night rather than waiting for a bus or the monorail :-)

We love BLT for that reason! Have fun on your trip!

So sorry for your loss.

I rarely get out that way since I'm more Central CT, but it is so, so pretty.

Anyone ever visit Old Wethersfield? It's a super cute little part of town, especially in the Fall when all the businesses and private homes put out "Scarecrows on Main." We love to take a stroll around looking at them all and then getting ice cream at Main Street Creamery 😋

Love Old Wethersfield!! Had relatives who lived there.
So sorry for your loss, Simba's mom....

Welcome, Jen!
You'll adore BLT! When you first enter lobby, stop and take a delicious deep breath....smells like Heaven. The CMs are all helpful and friendly. Bellman even helped us with groceries in our car....was happy to get out of lobby he said.
There's a soda/drink refill station at pool bar if you have resort mug (came in handy for my son!) (If pool area is closed/locked because of lightening, I found another entrance to the right, nearer the pool bar.). Fireworks are fun on the Contemporary balcony with piped in music 🎶 and monorails zipping by.
Have a magical stay!!

Anyone ever visit Old Wethersfield? It's a super cute little part of town, especially in the Fall when all the businesses and private homes put out "Scarecrows on Main." We love to take a stroll around looking at them all and then getting ice cream at Main Street Creamery 😋
I love Old Wethersfield! One of my friends lives there so I’m there pretty often (especially because it’s a quick stop on the way home from my job). My kids really like Main Street Creamery.

Hi Jen! Welcome to the CT owner's thread :wave:
Thank you!!

Welcome, Jen!
You'll adore BLT! When you first enter lobby, stop and take a delicious deep breath....smells like Heaven. The CMs are all helpful and friendly. Bellman even helped us with groceries in our car....was happy to get out of lobby he said.
There's a soda/drink refill station at pool bar if you have resort mug (came in handy for my son!) (If pool area is closed/locked because of lightening, I found another entrance to the right, nearer the pool bar.). Fireworks are fun on the Contemporary balcony with piped in music 🎶 and monorails zipping by.
Have a magical stay!!

Thank you!! We love BLT. If I had a time machine I would have purchased there years ago. Can't wait to see what they do when it's upgraded. Yes, that lobby scent is something else!! I have the Magic Candle Co air freshener in my car and it makes sitting in traffic bearable as I dream about being in Disney :-)

Good to know about the soda refill station - thanks for the tip!

Sounds like we crossed paths. We were there some of the same time for a big family trip (we visited BLT for the fireworks, but stayed at THV - see my trip report if you want to hear about the Treehouses https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...r-9-person-stay-experience-june-2023.3922130/). While my group drove, group 2 flew SWA from Bradley and group 3 flew JetBlue from Providence. My group did pickups and drop offs at Orlando International. Glad to say, there were no issues with delays or cancellations, and everything went off without a hitch. Those last couple of days in Florida were scorchers though!

Going down on JetBlue out of Westchester mid July and PRAYING that the flights will take off considering FAA is requiring all airlines to have switched over to 5G as of July 1 and at this point 20% have not. FAA supposedly said that flights not complying would not be allowed to fly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter