• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Connecting a Portable Travel Router to Disney Wifi (Fort Wilderness Campground)

violetmouse

Earning My Ears
Hello,

We will be camping at Fort Wilderness for the first time ever next month. We will be staying for 2 weeks, and I will need to be completing some work while we're there. I have used a mini portable router when we have traveled before just for extra network security while I work/access my work files. Is this possible with Disney wifi?

Also, we have used a home camera in our RV during recent camping trips (not Fort Wilderness) because we recently adopted a puppy and we like to have eyes on him while we're out of the RV and he's in there alone. Typically I just connect the camera to the portable router and it has worked perfectly fine, but I just wanted to ask if anyone has done this before and had success at Disney specifically?

Both of these factors will greatly impact our trip so I'm trying to be prepared and understand everything as not to have any unexpected issues/disappointments.

Edit: This is my first post on here so I'm still learning the ropes of this site, but I just noticed there is a forum specifically for Fort Wilderness so I will post there as well since those on there may have the answers I'm looking for. Sorry if I wasn't supposed to post this on here :)

:welcome: to the DISboards!

I'm glad you found the camping forum -- you will probably have more luck getting responses from people with experience.

I used one of these at Boardwalk. It worked fine, it was the wifi in general that was the issue. Disney Wifi is spotty, and might not even be good enough to run a camera.

We use a tmobile wifi router and it worked great.. with our waze cam
I had issues with disney resort wifi I could not say agree o the first page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter